gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975526 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 20, 2024, 02:54 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  GT Vertigo Year and Bars ID
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: GT Vertigo Year and Bars ID  (Read 10267 times)

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
GT Vertigo Year and Bars ID
« on: November 19, 2012, 11:43 PM »
I picked up a Vertigo today off the bay, just down the road so nice and handy :)

It came with these bars which I know didnt come on this model.....Any ideas what they are?  I dont want them on there so will probably sell/trade them to get some GT ones:

Also, this is the complete bike that I picked up....its got some pretty decent parts to be fair....Weinmann rims on ACS hubs etc.  Im trying to suss out what year it would be?  I know its a pre '95 as I used to have a 95 performer which pretty much ran the same frame designs at the same time.  But from what I can see it could be anything from a 91 to a 94??

The serial number is: YC4H3515.

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
Re: GT Vertigo Year and Bars ID
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 02:09 AM »
94?   square cut tt,     looking at the ones on museum,   costa will know  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 02:16 AM by oldtired »

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 10:05 AM »
The bloke I bought it from thought that it might be a 94.  The ACS hubs are stamped 92 but i guess that probably wont indicate the date.

Ill send Costa a pm :)

Any idea what the bars are though?

thecaptain

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 11:19 AM »
look a bit like moody skyway ones

Offline bmxgirl

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 04:23 PM »
It looks the same as mine which ive been told is a '95

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 04:33 PM »
Yours has got just the one bend in the downtube where as mine has got the "S" bend

Offline midschooljon

• Flip-Whip
    • Make Your Bones
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 04:40 PM »
That is definitely a 94. Looks to be in pretty good survivor condition as well with not too many original bits missing.  :daumenhoch:
***Wanted - Cash waiting***
RAMP ROOM HOFFMAN FLASH
ELF Double Cross XL.
UGP plates and pad sets
Mid School Race Kit

Offline bmxgirl

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2012, 05:04 PM »
Yours has got just the one bend in the downtube where as mine has got the "S" bend

Oops just noticed that  :-[

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2012, 05:25 PM »
That is definitely a 94. Looks to be in pretty good survivor condition as well with not too many original bits missing.  :daumenhoch:

Yeah it really is a decent survivor to be fair, I need to give it a good polish etc to bring it up nice and then ill look to getting a few of the standard parts I think.

I know theyre original but im not really feeling the decals :( ...I was contemplating removing them and fitting some earlier peformer/world tour ones?  I dunno?? lol.

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2012, 05:27 PM »

Oops just noticed that  :-[

:)  :daumenhoch:

Offline Tonto

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 08:39 PM »
Nooooo leave the decals on or gimme the f/f  ::)

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, 08:46 PM »
my 93 gt mach one came with that rim/hub combo. stars n stripes sticker rims and engraved acs thailand hub ?

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2012, 08:51 PM »

Yeah it really is a decent survivor to be fair, I need to give it a good polish etc to bring it up nice and then ill look to getting a few of the standard parts I think.

I know theyre original but im not really feeling the decals :( ...I was contemplating removing them and fitting some earlier peformer/world tour ones?  I dunno?? lol.

mid school decals are often a let down unless u got s&m or summat ! strip em off or leave em on. dont try n make it something its not. thats sad !  :daumenhoch:

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2012, 10:04 PM »

mid school decals are often a let down unless u got s&m or summat ! strip em off or leave em on. dont try n make it something its not. thats sad !  :daumenhoch:

Decals are still on it at the moment dude ......However, ive got some Pro Freestyle Tour Team ones and im not afraid to use them  :LolLolLolLol:

It needs a bit of jazzing up.....at the moment its a dull as dishwater  ;D

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2012, 10:16 PM »

Decals are still on it at the moment dude ......However, ive got some Pro Freestyle Tour Team ones and im not afraid to use them  :LolLolLolLol:

It needs a bit of jazzing up.....at the moment its a dull as dishwater  ;D

Gav, how about leaving the original decals on it, but slapping a crap load of mid-school stickers on the frame - like Ride stickers, G-Sport, Hookups etc - would look the part then, and you could always take em off eventually should you wish to part with t'bike  :daumenhoch:
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2012, 11:23 PM »
I know what youre saying Dan....Original and all that but come on....you cant say the Tour decals aint cool  8)  :daumenhoch:

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2012, 12:44 AM »
if you re gay !  :daumenhoch:

Offline GTnumber1

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2012, 01:07 AM »
dont do it mate, its never going to look or be a pft and pft decals are for pft`s   ;)  keep the original decals on it,

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2012, 07:42 AM »
if you re gay !  :daumenhoch:

:LolLolLolLol:....suit you sir!  ;D

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2012, 07:47 AM »
dont do it mate, its never going to look or be a pft and pft decals are for pft`s   ;)  keep the original decals on it,

:( ....I should never have mentioned it  :LolLolLolLol:

stu1980

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2012, 10:26 PM »
I know what youre saying Dan....Original and all that but come on....you cant say the Tour decals aint cool  8)  :daumenhoch:

i have one of these bikes and was going to get the tour stickers think it looks proper 90s  ;)

Offline Tonto

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2012, 10:53 AM »
Give it to me

stu1980

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2012, 11:15 AM »
aftrer reading this thought id get my finger out and built my gt ,put together out of bits lying about still need some parts to finish

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2012, 11:40 AM »
Looks top dollar bud  :daumenhoch:

Some might give you the verbal spanking but i think it looks cool  8)

Offline monkeymoped

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2016, 03:22 PM »
I've just picked up a gt vertigo f&f which i've been told is a '94 but it only has the one bend in the down tube now checking pic.s on Google some have the s frame and some have one bend as soon as it's delivered i'll post up frame number but just after a  it of info

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  GT Vertigo Year and Bars ID

gfxgfx
gfx gfx