gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975538 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 03:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Questions about my first build
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Questions about my first build  (Read 5317 times)

pkripster

Re: Questions about my first build
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2012, 12:46 AM »
I've got one of them off quadpaul wiv new decals too

Online CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2012, 12:55 AM »
I've got one of them off quadpaul wiv new decals too
What a Redline or some V-bars ?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 01:04 AM by CustardLips »
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2012, 08:29 AM »
Fit a set of WIN v bars as they look the same and are readily available for resonable money .

Ian, as my brother Simon (Hootski70) said, try for WIN bars, but the Expert (25-26" x 8") size ones come up more than the Pro (27-28" x 9") sized ones that I think Nick (Custard Lips) is after. What Simon failed to mention is that he also has a couple of these Redline framesets and he used Del as we all do for decals. Del is the daddy for new decal kits mate so use with no worries.

I've got a fluted alloy post in silver you can have mate to get you going - it's got a few scratches on it but you can polish it no problem. PM me your address and i'll post it for you. I might have a spare top nut for the headset too but i'll have to look.

Finally that is an awesome condition frameset so please don't make the costly and ghastly mistake of re-chroming it or you will regret it. Nothing suits a build better than original chrome if it's good enough.

Regards

Spen
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 09:35 AM by Spen69 »
Still limping......

ozone

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2012, 08:52 AM »
You could just use a head-lock which would look pretty cool and enable you to keep the rest of the headset together.   :daumenhoch:

Big E

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2012, 01:08 PM »
Afternoon fellas
Firstly, thanks for all the advice you fellas are giving me, it's a big help and it's going save me time and hard earned money. :daumenhoch:
Secondly, thank you Spen thats an offer i can't really refuse and i'll take you up on. I'll get a pm sent asap.

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2012, 03:10 PM »
Here you go - here's a set of Expert sized bars :daumenhoch:

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=155672.0
Still limping......

Hootski70

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2012, 05:43 PM »
I'll go in the lock up tonight and see what offerings i have , deffo got a couple of sets of those there WIN V bars just don't know the size . They are nos but been stored badly . Got a lock nut spare for sure so will pass it to Spen ( brother ) to put in with the post  .  :daumenhoch:

Online CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2012, 11:21 PM »
I'll go in the lock up tonight and see what offerings i have , deffo got a couple of sets of those there WIN V bars just don't know the size . They are nos but been stored badly . Got a lock nut spare for sure so will pass it to Spen ( brother ) to put in with the post  .  :daumenhoch:
Put me down for a set of them there bars if any going spare please hootski !  :daumenhoch:

"WWG1WGA"

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2012, 11:46 PM »
Bruv, sort Nick out with a set of Win bars or he'll follow me about meeting me in car parks trying to buy stuff off me.....
Still limping......

Online CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2012, 11:54 PM »
You heard the man!   :D

"WWG1WGA"

Big E

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2012, 09:13 AM »
I'll go in the lock up tonight and see what offerings i have , deffo got a couple of sets of those there WIN V bars just don't know the size . They are nos but been stored badly . Got a lock nut spare for sure so will pass it to Spen ( brother ) to put in with the post  .  :daumenhoch:

Thanks fella,really appreciate that :daumenhoch:. Defo interested in a set of bars off you as well,if you could let me know with a pic and a price i'll get you some bangers sorted .

Hootski70

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2012, 09:24 AM »
Got 2 sets but no site supporters tag so won't be selling till thats sorted . First set are bigger than the others but both sets have rust and bubbling chrome . Will get them to spen so he can post up a picture .

Big E

« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2012, 09:38 AM »
No problem matey, bear me in mind please when you're ready to sell.

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2012, 02:39 PM »

I too say leave it original. Looks in excellent condition.  :)

Some very nice Redline radsters.  :)

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2012, 04:10 PM »
I think if you're going to do the build properly then these are the bars you need, these are Redline stamped V bars

and they're not easy to find, you can just see some stamping on the side with no brake lever on it. I don't know how similar Win bars are to these ????
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Hootski70

« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2012, 05:26 PM »
How do Andy , i put a set of them on the 600a that you and Phil sorted for me and they are close enough to the originals to make me happy  , also they are cheap  :daumenhoch: . Hope you had a great Christmas pal and all the best for the new year . Simon .

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Questions about my first build

gfxgfx
gfx gfx