gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975538 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 12:38 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Polishing chrome.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Polishing chrome.  (Read 2618 times)

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
Re: Polishing chrome.
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2012, 08:42 PM »
try it ! you never know your finding may be different to mine ? - use a piece that doesn't matter  ;)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2012, 08:45 PM »
try it ! you never know your finding may be different to mine ? - use a piece that doesn't matter  ;)

All my pieces matter  :LolLolLolLol:

....Im steering clear  ;D

Offline kalex

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2012, 09:41 PM »
Just out of curiosity.....Has anyone on here ever tried Brasso on chrome, with any decent findings?

i've used brasso on nickel forks and they came up really good.

i'd defo use again on nickel, but not tried on chrome though

Offline Andy1970

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2012, 09:55 PM »
I recently tried some Silvo.Made by same people as Brasso.Its sold as "for silver,silver plate and electro plate".After polishing with Peek give a quick polish with Silvo.Gives the chrome a nice shine,a bit like the Goodards cloth but slightly better to my eye.Might be worth a try.

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2012, 09:56 PM »
I had some rust patches on a F+F & used Mr Muscle oven foam & it worked a treat. Personally I would never use Coke & foil...

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2012, 10:01 PM »
I recently tried some Silvo
I use Silvo on most of my frames bro. You really have to polish it off as it leaves a clear film on the chrome. Polishes up nice though and not harsh either   :daumenhoch:
BANNED

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2012, 10:04 PM »
it's all worth a try - just don't do it on a piece that you value  :daumenhoch:
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2012, 10:08 PM »
Personally I would never use Coke & foil...
I have read thread after thread to try and fathom the best way for removing rust from chrome. There are still so many different ways. On my Exhibitionist I used Mr Muscle oven as suggested by Retrodan and a stanley blade as suggested by Bendy. Worked well for the heavy stuff and am pleased with the results. I will peek it off next to see how that works.

You have to understand that no matter what you try, there will only be so much you can do to old chrome. Try not to set your standards beyond what it was like when it was first put on all those years ago. The survivor look is by far the better choice though as I have come to appreciate over the years  ::)  :coolsmiley:
BANNED

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2012, 10:09 PM »
bendy offered a tonne of info(that was the short version) and proven results and you came back with -  :2gunsfiring_v1:

[/quote]

I take it your not a 'Coke and tin foil' lover  :2gunsfiring_v1:

In seriousness, your post was an amazing insight into why the chrome goes the way it does and what can be done to rectify it as best as possible. Your goose is certainly cooking. What kind of polish do you use ? I have some 'Peek' on order that will be arriving anytime (hopefully tomorrow). Is it any good ? There are a few people on here that swear by the stuff but then again there are others that swear by 'Coke and tinfoil'  :bondage: How is a guy supposed to know what to do for the best.
[/quote]

its sorta saying wow that great but also dismissing it and still trying to keep coke n tinfoil credible! the way i read it !   :coolsmiley:

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2012, 10:10 PM »
I had some rust patches on a F+F & used Mr Muscle oven foam & it worked a treat. Personally I would never use Coke & foil...

can you suggest something that burns better in tin foil ??  :D

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2012, 10:12 PM »

can you suggest something that burns better in tin foil ??  :D

Your soul!!  >:D

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2012, 10:20 PM »
you wanna take this offline ?!  :knuppel2: :LolLolLolLol:

Rossi46

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2012, 10:35 PM »
bendy offered a tonne of info(that was the short version) and proven results and you came back with -  :2gunsfiring_v1:

I take it your not a 'Coke and tin foil' lover  :2gunsfiring_v1:

In seriousness, your post was an amazing insight into why the chrome goes the way it does and what can be done to rectify it as best as possible. Your goose is certainly cooking. What kind of polish do you use ? I have some 'Peek' on order that will be arriving anytime (hopefully tomorrow). Is it any good ? There are a few people on here that swear by the stuff but then again there are others that swear by 'Coke and tinfoil'  :bondage: How is a guy supposed to know what to do for the best.
[/quote]

its sorta saying wow that great but also dismissing it and still trying to keep coke n tinfoil credible! the way i read it !   :coolsmiley:
[/quote]

I guess that just goes to show how things can be misread and not come accross as they were intended. What i meant by using the  :2gunsfiring_v1: smiley was, I was frustrated as i followed information posted on this forum which turned out to be not the best method. It was me having a go at myself. Bendy's information has made a lot more informative sense to me. I never meant to offend and if i did i apologise  :(

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2012, 10:49 PM »
I never meant to offend and if i did i apologise  :(
[/quote]

/>
 ;D Fcukin Great Film ;D
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2012, 10:59 PM »
Right you bunch of girls  :knuppel2:

i find peek and a goddards cloth better than coke and tin foil - i have explaned why and show what i have done

yes it would be nice to see a sticky showing results and why C/T is not good

there is no need to kick off from here onwards guys - so end of  ;)

play nicely  :daumenhoch:

cheers B  ;)

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2012, 11:06 PM »
b, you should get i find peek and a goddards cloth better than coke and tin foil tattooed on your arm !  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Polishing chrome.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx