gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975537 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 06:13 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  help with rub on decals
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: help with rub on decals  (Read 1122 times)

weston

help with rub on decals
« on: July 19, 2006, 04:58 PM »
how do you put these on as i have never put ant on before? cheers :)

gmac

Re: help with rub on decals
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 05:02 PM »
The clue is in the name   ;)

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 05:08 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 05:18 PM »
If there is lots of excess carrier paper around the edges of the graphic and therefore the graphic isn't central on the paper, trim the edges down first.

This will help you line it up better.

weston

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 05:39 PM »
The clue is in the name   ;)
d'oh...i was waiting for that, i meant do you need anything special like when you apply normal sickers a bit of soapy water helps

gmac

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 07:55 PM »
 :angel:  No mate - just apply the decal where you want it, rub the backing paper, then peel it off  ;)

duncan

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 11:13 PM »
Ones like Landing Gear rub-ons, you just line them up carefully (maybe put some guide masking tape down the fork to assure it's aligned properly) then press them on.
Use a dry cloth and rub the backing paper hard before you remove it (but don't catch the edge!), ensuring they stick properly.

If they're bigger, you can use water with just a drop or two of detergent in to move them around, and squeegee all the water out from under the sticker (air bubbles too).
When I used to put them on the sides of vans and shop windows, I cleaned the surface first with acetone, but be careful if your frame is painted - it may not like acetone!
Just make sure there's no dirt or grit there.
For really long stickers, it sometimes helps to cut it in two (between two letters) and work from the middle out, doing one half first - that's maybe not a problem on a bike frame though.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  help with rub on decals

gfxgfx
gfx gfx