gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975537 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 03:06 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Mongoose Decade bar question?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Mongoose Decade bar question?  (Read 576 times)

Offline adenough

• 540 Air
  • Buzz Killington...
  • Rated:
Mongoose Decade bar question?
« on: February 23, 2013, 04:25 PM »
Hello, well ive googled images of the bars and they mostly seem to have the knurling on the cross bar masked off. ive just stripped mine and they're just 'raw' under the paint, do i powder the whole bars or mask off the knurling and clear coat after?? thanks in advance  :daumenhoch:

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
Re: Mongoose Decade bar question?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 04:36 PM »
Pretty certain that part of the bar should be a thin layer of chrome,it is on mine. Looking at yours you can see a definite section an inch or so after the knurling where the tube goes duller. Either chrome and overspray all but the knurling of polish like fook and clearcoat.

Depends on how anal a build it is  :LolLolLolLol:
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline adenough

• 540 Air
  • Buzz Killington...
  • Rated:
Re: Mongoose Decade bar question?
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 04:51 PM »
Pretty certain that part of the bar should be a thin layer of chrome,it is on mine. Looking at yours you can see a definite section an inch or so after the knurling where the tube goes duller. Either chrome and overspray all but the knurling of polish like fook and clearcoat.

Depends on how anal a build it is  :LolLolLolLol:
Anal????  its a 'furry front bottom' build  :yahoo_silent:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Mongoose Decade bar question?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx