gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975538 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 30, 2024, 12:40 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Market Place  |  Jumble Sale  |  Cheap retro runabout for sale.. Nissan Bluebird - £295.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Cheap retro runabout for sale.. Nissan Bluebird - £295.  (Read 1030 times)

retrogeezer

We've had this car for 4 years and it has been quite honestly fantastic. It has never let me down, always starts on the button (unless you leave the lights on, did that twice when I first got it!) even when it has been mega cold.

It has always gone straight through the MOT since I have had it, I did have to whack a zip tie on a cv boot once to get the ticket! I also put a rear exhaust section on last November and it may need a centre section (about £35 on ebay) soon although I have patched it and it should be fine for the mot.

It's mot'd until July 15th, tax is not included but you can buy it at it's value if you like!.

I'm only selling it as I fancy a change after 4 years and the mrs does struggle with the non-powered steering when she drives it. Everything works, the central locking, electric sunroof and windows etc. It also has a fantastic brown/beige interior that I spent 2 days cleaning when I got it. No rips/tears in the seats, we don't smoke and it is all clean and tidy apart from someone the keyed n/s rear door and there is a bit of rust on the inner lip of the near side rear arch. Other than that, it looks great, just the odd blemish here and there but amazing for an original 25 year old car. It is a good solid old bus and will last a good few more years in the right hands.

It's a well specced thing too, tinted glass,  also standard as well as the electric windows/sunroof/power locks.

I don't want much for it, just hoping someone else can get some good use out of it so how about £295 to take it? I would guess it would be worth £200 as scrap? With the 10 months tax that is still on it the price is £475.

It's an 88 1.6 LS and has 103,300 on the clock. I'm in Crewe, Cheshire - 10 mins from J16 of the M6.

Some pics:

and some taken today:

2 small rust spots on the o/s/r door, been there since I got it, I tried touching some others up and they look worse so I left them alone and they haven't got any worse:

small one below moulding on drivers door:

scratch on n/s/r door done by some scrote just before xmas 11:

n/s/r wheel arch which is a bit rusty on the inner lip, still looks o.k though:

« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 02:43 PM by retrogeezer »

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Cheap retro runabout for sale.. Nissan Bluebird - £295.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 05:01 PM »
how the fook has that lasted all these years without rusting?   :shocked:

that is an fantastic car and for that money,  a bang tidy bargain!...... ;)
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Offline Hmoon27

• Look Back
  • There's only one path to follow....
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 06:45 PM »
I had one of these years ago to go from Northampton to Liverpool a couple of times a week....... Never missed a beat :daumenhoch:
Dash Used to vibrate at 80 mph .... Wedge your leg against the centre console and it purred to a ton :D
Bargain!

leehunt1

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 07:03 PM »
Looks mint balls that

stick an ad up in the local curry shop  ;D

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 07:07 PM »
I'd love that but no where to put it

Offline hazzajoe

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 11:07 PM »
5 door Delorean's Rule!  8)

Gullwing doors are so overrated.

Nice car, bang tidy price, good look with the sale Dude ;)

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 09:52 AM »
Great value for money and great condition. Run it for years with no depreciation  :daumenhoch:

Remeber my Dad looking at one these but got a Cavalier instead, bet thats not on the road still  :-\

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 10:07 AM »
how the fook has that lasted all these years without rusting?   :shocked:

I think it's the metallic paint. There's a few ancient Nissan's in the work car park and they are all light metallic colours.

retrogeezer

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2013, 01:01 PM »
Anyone interested??

Offline adenough

• 540 Air
  • Buzz Killington...
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2013, 01:12 PM »
im lovin the 'cons' detail, habit I suppose ,just like an OS description :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Market Place  |  Jumble Sale  |  Cheap retro runabout for sale.. Nissan Bluebird - £295.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx