gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975464 Posts in 138918 Topics by 6342 Members - Latest Member: Bikemong March 19, 2024, 07:27 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  Old Fools BMX Roadtrip  |  Old Fools 2013 Itinerary!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Old Fools 2013 Itinerary!!!  (Read 6027 times)

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Old Fools 2013 Itinerary!!!
« on: August 05, 2013, 02:14 PM »
Hi all:
Hope all is good and that you're all as excited as I am about the next Old Fools trip!

Here is what's happening, and where we are going this year [ this is subject to change, but hopefully won't!]

THURS 12th Sept:

Some of you guys are travelling down on thurs - so we could meet and ride at The Unit, Launceston that night, they just had a refit:
http://www.skatetheunit.com/contact

Or we'll meet in Tavistock, depending on what time people are heading down to Devon...

FRIDAY 13th [!!] Sept

We meet at Truro Skate Plaza. 10am
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=53857636652

directions: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=St+Georges+Road%2C+Truro%2C+United+Kingdom

Park under the viaduct behind the playpark, not on the field!

Grab food from the dodgy little shop opposite at lunchtime,
then at 1pm ish , it'll be time to move on to

Penzance Seafront Wherrytown park 1/30pm ish

Postcode [ i think] is TR18 4BA
This is a new park built on the site of the old mini ramp, next to the cool sea walls that you can ride to, juts opposite Lidl. Head into Lidl and buy a can of awful energy drink for 50p, hey presto, free parking! Or park next door to the park  and keep an eye out for the wardens.

This also gives us the option of checking the other concrete park that town has,  just opposite the Humphry Davy secondary school
Postcode:
TR18 2TG [ this is if we have enough time]

Then on the way back to St Agnes, for those that fancy it or aren't done riding yet, there is always good old Mount Hawk skatepark , especially if it's raining.

http://www.sk8loc8.com/skateparks/20/mt-hawke-mount-hawke-skatepark/

NB: if it's raining, we will STILL head to the itinerary spots in the hope it'll dry up enough. We will head to Mount Hawk as a collective if the rain really does ruin our plans later in the day.

FRI NIGHT:
DRIFTWOOD SPARS!
http://www.driftwoodspars.com/contact
SATURDAY 14th SEPT:

10am:
This year we are thinking of heading to The Track. Last year we split into two gropus, and the the Track posse had a blast on the mini, the jumps, the resi and also having an Old Fools race! So we are aiming to do the same again as one group. Mikie is hopefully arranging  for us to have some kind of deal with The Track to make it as cheap or as close to free as possible for the Old Fools, so I'll keep you updated. The other option, if it is wet, of course, is to head to Mount Hawke again, or another outdoor free spot, though it is saturday, and we all remember how many sodding scooters were at St Dennis on sat morning last year, so The Track is more than likely our best option.

Then - 1pm:

Newquay Wooden Waves:
http://www.skatenewquay.co.uk/

Ride the park! Eat at the cafe down the hill! Ride the kids bouncy play park!

Then... ride into town - ride the new plaza-ish steps and ledges en route...

Fistral Beach! Bike Pile! The usual brilliant Newquay day out for the Old Fools.

Then, back to Driftwood Spars again, for the final night of fun.

Really looking forward to this one, please remember

a] this itinerary may change, but I'll let you know if it does!

b] BOOK YOUR ROOMS AT DRIFTWOOD SPARS ASAP! It's nearly full!!!

Cheers for now, eyes and teeth luvvies,

Steve

Offline shine

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
Re: Old Fools 2013 Itinerary!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 06:08 PM »
I said it last year and ill say it again
Steve I love you.
See you Thursday in tavi trails

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 06:37 PM »
Can't wait to hang out again Shine!!!!!

Offline OllyHall

• Flip-Whip
  • Dannywhac is a fooking hippy!!
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 06:20 AM »
Room booked can't wait! Note to self....less drink more riding! Promise il be on my best behaviour steve :daumenhoch:
Mid school baby!!

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 01:49 PM »
just emailed driftwood spars to cancel my two rooms so there's a couple more available now

im truly gutted that the southsea gang are no longer able to attend due to family/work commitments and a lack of funds from half of the group

we'd rather cancel than just half our group go as it just wouldn't be the same without all of us there

id been looking forward to this all year and even after dislocating my ac joint in my shoulder 2 weeks ago i still wanted to go and have been exercising and building up strength in my shoulder so its good to ride with at old fools

truly truly gutted :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline OllyHall

• Flip-Whip
  • Dannywhac is a fooking hippy!!
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 08:09 AM »
Gutted isn't the word! :'(
Mid school baby!!

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2013, 11:05 AM »
Gutted the Southsea crew can;t make it this year, sorry you can;t be with us fellas.
This year the trip is definitely feeling the pinch with a few people unable to make it due to fundage and family events...Northern John, Hitchcox, Sam Hulse, Jay Openshaw, and even Shine who can;t make it now. There's still a nice big bunch of us going, but it'll be a slightly smaller, yet still rocking affair this year.
For those who can come= see you there
for those who cant come = see you next year
For those about to rock = We Salute You!

Steve

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2013, 02:48 PM »
its a bummer so many people have had to pull out

have a great time steve and ill be thinking of you all over that weekend having fun :'( :'( :'(

im coming next year even if i have to ride the bloody bmx there!!

Offline shine

• Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 06:45 PM »
And me Kev

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 10:00 PM »
better start pedalling now then shine! dont fancy your swim though :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline g_zus

• Rated:
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2013, 10:05 AM »
Have a great old fools 2013, I can't make it this year either. :(

Haven't been on my bike much since last years old fools after suffering a gastroc tear at Taunton on the way home.

I'll be back.

g

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2013, 09:01 AM »
For the record, it's pretty miserable down here today so looks like you'll be in Hawke sometime during the day.  I'll be there painting so don't bump into me please.  Enjoy yourselves.  Humps

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2013, 10:02 AM »
have a good trip lads,sorry im not down,im just 10 hrs out of hospital and sore.

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2013, 07:12 PM »
The Old Fools massiv rocked up to Hawke around 1.15 but had to be out by 4pm because of a pre-booked 'ladies only' SWITCH session.  The place was heaving with bikers and a few plank-riders and I had to laugh when one of the local lads, whose about 18, rocked up with his scooter at 2pm wearing 3/4 length pedal-pushers, rather strong cologne and no doubt his signature wife-beater T, and found reason not to go inside with his gay mode of transport and attire - would the OF riders have ripped him a new rear-end??  Forecast for tomorrow looks 100% better so good luck on your travels guys.  Good to catch up with Steve.  Humps

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  Old Fools BMX Roadtrip  |  Old Fools 2013 Itinerary!!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx