gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975499 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 06:16 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...  (Read 540542 times)

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...
« Reply #3900 on: March 20, 2024, 07:11 PM »
This is for the above bike.

Not only is it 22mm (check) but it is also 1-1/8 (check) and weighs half of the orange Social Bikes stem I had on it. Winner winner chicken dinner.

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3901 on: March 22, 2024, 01:34 PM »
Stem got.

And then everything needed for the single speed. The first thing I needed was this, to rob the threaded bearing ends from.

Then a shopping spree.

Thankfully you can get the hed doctor top cap without spending another 20 quid on the assembly itself.

This will need to be taken apart. I have a hanger, so I need to separate that from the bolt and spring and lower assembly.

In red. Again red.

I bought two of these. Not because of chain slap (but that may be an issue) but because I battered the stays on my PK getting it back up after a ride. The stair wells are pretty narrow.

Then a expensive treat.

And then an 80s acidic vinegary ketchup bottle  :LolLolLolLol: It never dawned on me until after, but I thought it was funny AF so it is staying  :LolLolLolLol:

I bought the cheapest axle I could find. I don't need the axle itself, I just need the spacers. The wheel was originally 130mm but came with no axle, so I bought a Shimano one and cut down the spacers to make it fit the frame. IIRC that was 110mm, but it could be 120 IDR. Either way I need to put it back, but all I need is the spacers.

Then I got this. I didn't specifically need to, but it saves me bringing mine over from mum's and mine is a bit battered (I used it to tap a bolt and the rubber handle fell off, and now it falls off every time you use the bloody thing).

And finally, the cherry on top. Monday's Child herself.

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • I'm gonna need a bigger shed 😂
  • Rated:
« Reply #3902 on: March 27, 2024, 10:03 PM »
First BMX purchase for a while. I'll catch up on what I've missed soon  fistblump

IMG-1430" border="0
Low end French does it for me ! 😂

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3903 on: March 28, 2024, 10:34 AM »
He's alive !

I was worried about you and was about to stalk you and find your bmx museum account to pm you there lol. All OK dude?

Get ready for the Jane off mofo  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx