gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 27, 2024, 03:10 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  Rad Facebook page being used to sell stuff, thoughts please
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Rad Facebook page being used to sell stuff, thoughts please  (Read 9727 times)

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
Re: Rad Facebook page being used to sell stuff, thoughts please
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2013, 08:00 PM »
Well said  :4_17_5:

It takes 2 seconds to say "nice build" or summat and it all helps weave the rad cloth  :daumenhoch:
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2013, 08:02 PM »
SUPPORT  the original bmx site RADBMX .... post your sales , wants, rides, opinions etc on here .. leave faceache for finding old school mates etc... we all know RAD has slowed down after the big crash but thats old news now ... LONG LIVE RADBMX ... if you dont come here view and post then you will be slowly digging the grave to the best old school bmx site there is ........   its not rocket science guys . you have to participate and keep this place alive . if every member trys to post one thing a day then this place will start  buzzing  again like the good old days  :daumenhoch:

:4_17_5:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2013, 08:03 PM »
SUPPORT  the original bmx site RADBMX .... post your sales , wants, rides, opinions etc on here .. leave faceache for finding old school mates etc... we all know RAD has slowed down after the big crash but thats old news now ... LONG LIVE RADBMX ... if you dont come here view and post then you will be slowly digging the grave to the best old school bmx site there is ........   its not rocket science guys . you have to participate and keep this place alive . if every member trys to post one thing a day then this place will start  buzzing  again like the good old days  :daumenhoch:

Amen Len.
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

In2bmx

« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2013, 08:09 PM »
SUPPORT  the original bmx site RADBMX .... post your sales , wants, rides, opinions etc on here .. leave faceache for finding old school mates etc... we all know RAD has slowed down after the big crash but thats old news now ... LONG LIVE RADBMX ... if you dont come here view and post then you will be slowly digging the grave to the best old school bmx site there is ........   its not rocket science guys . you have to participate and keep this place alive . if every member trys to post one thing a day then this place will start buzzing again like the good old days  :daumenhoch:
   :4_17_5: well said mate .... 

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2013, 08:17 PM »
Lenny for President.   :4_17_5:
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2013, 08:19 PM »
I'm glad this thread has been started as I was beginning to think I was the only one around here  :LolLolLolLol:

I couldn't stand the 'Im selling this guys, make me an offer' posts on the FB page. Obviously when you decide to sell something, you know what you want for it so post a price. If it doesn't sell, then you know you are asking too much or people do not want it. Goading people to make private offers is not Rad.

I say keep Rad, RAD. Without our input on here, it will sadly become a ghost town. C'mon guys, lets get this place buzzing again, please  :coolsmiley:
BANNED

griff

« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2013, 08:40 PM »

Well said Lenbert

I love this place and most of you lot too, without Rad I wouldn't have met the best group of lads I've ever known  :-*

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2013, 08:41 PM »

Well said Lenbert

I love this place and most of you lot too, without Rad I wouldn't have met the best group of lads I've ever known  :-*

Who are they? :pilky:
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

griff

« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2013, 08:44 PM »

Well said Lenbert

Who are they? :pilky:

Even you, you big gaylord  :-*

Offline denzil

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2013, 09:19 PM »
I have to say I have been using fb a lot of late, and I like it . But if it means losing the rad site then there no Contest. It's the site all day long for me.

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • RADBury 1st May (Bank Holiday Sunday)
  • Rated:
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2013, 09:28 PM »
You could pm all members of rad Facebook telling them page closing and re opening as a private page forcing people to choose to join radbmx or if only interested in the page for buynsell they choose to use another site
Jono

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • RADBury 1st May (Bank Holiday Sunday)
  • Rated:
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2013, 09:31 PM »
Like the idea of a closed group where u can only use page if you a rad member if rads funding drops because of this page the mk at risk so site supporters get to use it would not be difficult to disable this page and reopen another closed site where only subscribers would be accepted when u ask to join understand where non members selling on here and issues arising
Jono

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2013, 09:32 PM »
I liked Eds post.......I chose 'leave group'  :daumenhoch:

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2013, 09:34 PM »
If used well the Facebook page can be a great link to heaps of old pros and loads of collectors in the states, it's sometimes easier to chat to folk about bikes, history or whatever as you can see when they're on line.

But Long live RAD...
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2013, 09:34 PM »
I
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline GT world

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2013, 09:46 PM »
Well I'm glad I noticed a comment on FB as I was totally unaware this place was running out of steam.
   I'm 100% guilty and on looking it's been 4 months since I last logged in here.
Tbh I lost a ton on interest but lately and might I add since the FB group was put up I have gained a load more spark in the hobby.
  I'm not arsed about a tenner if it means saving the site even if I don't use it a great deal.
Just feel the other place is ideal when your out and about.
  I'm In between drinking here so I won't screech on but will come back with a fresh head. :D
     Neil

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2013, 09:53 PM »

Dylan Thomas

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2013, 09:53 PM »

:4_17_5:   RADBMX belongs at radbmx.co.uk  not on some social media sh1te site  :)
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2013, 09:56 PM »

:4_17_5:   RADBMX belongs at radbmx.co.uk  not on some social media sh1te site  :)

JOOOOOOOOFEEEEEEEEE I'M YOUR MAAAAAAN

Dylan Thomas

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2013, 09:58 PM »
i think you should keep it tbh.
every time you post on there everybody on your friends list has the chance to see it and maybe join up here.
i think its a good way of getting new blood in as some of us are getting bored/moving on/doing other hobbies.
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2013, 10:03 PM »

JOOOOOOOOFEEEEEEEEE I'M YOUR MAAAAAAN

If you're gonna do it, do it right - right
Do it with me

:D :-*
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2013, 10:07 PM »
i think you should keep it tbh.
every time you post on there everybody on your friends list has the chance to see it and maybe join up here.
i think its a good way of getting new blood in as some of us are getting bored/moving on/doing other hobbies.

is that why you post you special pics on f.b. Dave ... you want new blood to see you   :LolLolLolLol:   we need to get people back here on RAD... but i do see your point people who may not know about RAD can find it from looking at your pics  :LolLolLolLol:  you must have loads looking at you as we speek  :2funny:

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2013, 10:14 PM »
i planned it all really...................................... :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline Andy68

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2013, 10:15 PM »
Mmmmmm, I live on here & FBook and have somehow missed this whole topic!!  :crazy2:

I've become lazy posting pics, Photobucket does my head in now so lately I just post up on Facebook (whichever BMX group) purely for ease. When I have gone to the trouble on here with our Grimsby/Cleethorpes meets no fooker comments anyway!!!   :yahoo_silent:

Too many 'playground' antics on here and FBook page happening too. Cant be arsed with any of it, the stories I've heard lately (& seen) are unbelievable yet there's a few with rose tinted specs that would have none of it. We're all here for the love of little bikes, MK13 was awesome, what an atmosphere, every ride/meet this year too I've loved and keep meeting new guys & gals, we should all be in it together but obviously some characters will always clash.

Unfortunately the way things are going with prices of stuff it ruining the hobby for most & I guess the whole scene generates a lot of greed & jealousy..........  :(

A closed group sounds a good idea to me!!  :daumenhoch:

As for Swan Guy 'liking' Zaza's Tack Room, I've honestly no idea, perhaps he just likes wearing jodhpurs!!!!   :-*

Offline Andy68

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2013, 10:17 PM »
.......and why's the 80-86 race bike heading really small???!!!!!!!!!!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  Rad Facebook page being used to sell stuff, thoughts please

gfxgfx
gfx gfx