gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975524 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 18, 2024, 11:44 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  RAD TOY RIDE THE CHANGE EXPLAINED
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: RAD TOY RIDE THE CHANGE EXPLAINED  (Read 1108 times)

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
RAD TOY RIDE THE CHANGE EXPLAINED
« on: November 13, 2013, 11:03 PM »
Hi guys , firstly thanks for beeing involved in the RAD TOY RIDE . if you read the original thread about the RAD TOY RIDE you may have noticed the details have changed . id just like to explain why so that it is clear to everyone who is attending the ride or who has donated towards the ride.

OK ... before posting up the ride i discussed the "idea" with a few of you , and all thought it would be a great idea to do a xmas ride and donate some presents. so before started the original thread i contacted WISH FM the local radio station to make sure they were going to be doing the help a local child appeal , which they do each year ... after a phone call to the radio station they confirmed they would be so i pressed ahead with posting up the ride details.

Several days after the thread started and people put there names down , started to post up posters in work places  and collecting etc i visited the Radio station to arrange our visit and was asked to email them with all the details , so far so good and no problems ..... then after no reply to the email i rang them again only to be told ... "Due to lack of sponsership the help a local child appeal doesnt look like it will be happening this year "  :tickedoff: Wish Fm ask local shops to help as drop of points for toys and games etc , in the past they have used LIDL stores Greggs the bakers etc... so i can only persume that no sponser ship means they cant find anyone willing to act as collection points.  :-\

So as you can imagine that left me in a not so good position . You guys collecting toys etc for a good cause , ordering Santa suits and booking trains etc and looking forward to a rad ride .... This left me looking for a new home for all the toys/games that have been collected and donated. I chatted with a few and all agreed that these toys must go direct to kids who need them and not just taken to a charity shop .... After contacting quite a few "charitable organisations" i seamed to get the same response from them all... yes weed love the toys/games we can sell them in our charity shop .......

BUT finally with the help of ANDY Dancetothedrummersbeat we have found a very suitable home for all the donations. Wigan hospitals childrens ward . the ward has 35 beds and over the Christams period approx 20 children will stay in hospital . these toys that are donated will go DIRECT to the children who sadly have to be in hospital over Christmas. obviously depending on how many donation we collect some toys will be left over , they go into a toy store and if a child is in hospital on his or her birthday again one of the toys donated will be given as a present. also toys are given to children who go through a traumatic accident or operation etc. NO TOY OR GAME will go to into a charity shop or be sold . everything will go direct to a child.

I hope everyone involved is happy about this unavoidable change to the original idea , and the more i think about it the control we have over were our toys will end up as we know each and every toy/game donated will end up in the hands of a child .

AS SOME OF YOU HAVE ASKED CAN YOU DONATE VIA PAYPAL TO THE RAD TOY RIDE .. IF ANY OF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO THIS PLEASE PM MYSELF OR ANDY DANCETOTHEDRUMMERSBEAT  .AND WE WILL GIVE YOUR OUR PAYPAL DETAILS. we will then on the 12th December spend the donations in one go , buying a selection of toys,games,books for all ages on your behalf . :daumenhoch:

Thanks for taking the time to read this thread and thanks for your support for RAD TOY RIDE  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 08:45 PM by Badbaldie »

Offline Bfellows

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: RAD TOY RIDE THE CHANGE EXPLAINED
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 11:07 PM »
 :daumenhoch:
You always need a cheese option......

Offline AKGOFF

• 900 Air
  • 85 Hutch 'Woody' Trickstar
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 11:14 PM »
You Sir, are a true gent.  :daumenhoch:

Adam
*******EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE APART FROM THE TRICKSTARS******

Offline denzil

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 11:21 PM »
Nice one Lenny .  :daumenhoch:

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 11:24 PM »
Thanks for the update Lenny. Just to confirm: i have personally spoken to Rainbow ward (the childrens ward) at Wigan hospital. They rely on donations from the public to give kids presents at Christmas. As Lenny said, children also get a present if they are in hospital on their birthday, or after being brave after an injection/operation/procedure etc. The ward were thrilled when i spoke to them yesterday, and i hope you all agree that our contributions will help to make these children's stay in hospital over christmas that little bit better. Pleased be assured that any presents donated will go directly to the children they are intended for. For those who cannot make it, Carl in2bmx has kindly said that presents can be sent to his work address (see other thread for details). Thanks Carl! See you all there in Sat 14th December. Fancy dress optional (but would look great on the photos!)

In2bmx

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 11:29 PM »
Nice one Lenny ,  :daumenhoch:

Offline Bigbadsam

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • THEY CALL ME THE BEAR !
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 11:53 PM »
Great idea.
RADPORT 4TH August
Southport - Leo's Bar Midday onwards

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 12:15 AM »
Lenny

I have done a 'Santa Drop' as part of ITV's Colleen's Christmas Presents on the telly box and I will offer you and all those involved (hopefully me included if Mrs S G allows) a piece of advice.

TAKE SOME FOOKIN TISSUES WITH YOU! :'(

I've picked up lots of broken people in my job, sometimes in two or three goes. This DOES NOT compare to walking around the wards giving out presents to kids. "nono"

I don't have any children of my own (that I pay for) but fook me I was almost in tatters afterwards. And I'm as hard as nails. :LolLolLolLol:

These kids will inspire you, I promise you that.

You HAVE to get on the ward to give them out.

All I will advise in this case is mark your present as MALE/FEMALE and AGE GROUP so they go to appropriate kids and let the hospital know what is in each present so you don't offend anybody's religion/beliefs.
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 12:21 AM »
Lenny

I have done a 'Santa Drop' as part of ITV's Colleen's Christmas Presents on the telly box and I will offer you and all those involved (hopefully me included if Mrs S G allows) a piece of advice.

I've picked up lots of broken people in my job, sometimes in two or three goes. This DOES NOT compare to walking around the wards giving out presents to kids. "nono"

I don't have any children of my own (that I pay for) but fook me I was almost in tatters afterwards. And I'm as hard as nails. :LolLolLolLol:

All I will advise in this case is mark your present as MALE/FEMALE and AGE GROUP so they go to appropriate kids and let the hospital know what is in each present so you don't offend anybody's religion/beliefs.

You have tears Nick  :shocked:  .. i dont think we will actually be going onto the ward in person we are beeing met at the door. Unless Joff turns up then someone will end up in A+E ... so at least we know who to give the bike too  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 12:23 AM »
Lenny

You have tears Nick  :shocked:  .. i dont think we will actually be going onto the ward in person we are beeing met at the door. Unless Joff turns up then someone will end up in A+E ... so at least we know who to give the bike too  :LolLolLolLol:

That's a shame (not about Joff!)

Still a fantastic cause though :daumenhoch: :Great_Britain:
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • RADBury 1st May (Bank Holiday Sunday)
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 01:57 AM »
On question is the hospital up hill
Jono

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2013, 04:12 AM »
Nice one Lenny & Andy.   :daumenhoch:
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline Discostu

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2013, 06:06 AM »
If you don't have time to buy a toy and get down to the post office to post it, is their a person we can PayPal some funds over to?
I would like to help by donating £20 if possible.  :daumenhoch:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2013, 07:20 AM »
If you don't have time to buy a toy and get down to the post office to post it, is their a person we can PayPal some funds over to?
I would like to help by donating £20 if possible.  :daumenhoch:

x2 what Stu said ... I have £20 to send.

Whats the paypal address? yours Lenny?

oh BTW "...every toy/game donated will end up in the hands of a child." ... if you are in charge they already are  ;D
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2013, 07:37 AM »
Nice one Lenny/Andy. :4_17_5:

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2013, 08:46 AM »
"Leonard will receive £20"

:daumenhoch:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline torkerdude180

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2013, 09:06 AM »
Andy, len.  :4_17_5:
THE TIGER

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2013, 09:21 AM »
Nice one lads  :4_17_5:
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2013, 01:15 PM »
Anyone who is unable to make the ride, but would like to make a cash donation, please PM Lenny (Badbaldie), or myself. We're happy to take any donations, and will buy suitable presents on your behalf.

I've been working with Lenny to arrange this, and for those who know me (which is quite a few of you), I'd like to believe you'd trust me with your cash. For those who aren't sure who I am, here's a photo of me (the bike looks better now).

Any donations are welcome, there is no set amount.

To give you an idea on what you can get for your money, I went to ASDA yesterday and bought: Jenga, 5 matchbox toy cars, a jigsaw puzzle and two girls dolls for £16  :)

If you want to send a donation, please PM Lenny or myself.
Thanks all.

Andy.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 05:07 PM by dancetothedrummersbeat »

Offline fathead

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2013, 01:15 PM »
Afternoon all I will be attending with a mate off the t4 forum (T4guy) will be our first outing looking forward to meeting some like minded people who dont want to grow up with an interest in old kids bikes, will be getting the 10am train from Runcorn few pints present drop few more pints home getting fatter eating rubbish and falling asleep on couch much to our maudes annoyance-sounds like a plan :)

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2013, 08:20 PM »
***Update bump.*** Thank you so much to everyone who has either: donated money to enable us to buy more presents; those who have already bought presents and have sent them to Carl, or will bring them on the 14th December; to those who have spread the word and have received donated presents at their place of work, and also to those who have bought raffle tickets for the bike that Alans bmx have donated. The money raised from the bike raffle will be used to buy an item or items for Rainbow children's ward. I will be in touch with them to discuss their needs this week.

Just some important piece information:

***Any toy/game that is donated MUST be new, unused and in it's original packaging. This is to comply with the hospital's infection control policy, and so the recommended age group for the item can be seen by looking on the packaging. 'Nearly new' or 'like new' items cannot be accepted. Items MUST be in their original (and wherever possible, SEALED) packaging. Toys/games must NOT be gift wrapped either, as the ward need to be able to see the item to assess it's suitability for the children.***

AND

**RE: Buying tickets for the bike raffle. Once you have selected your numbers in the thread, PLEASE send Lenny (Badbaldie) a PM for his paypal address and follow his instructions in the first post of this thread**   :)

Once again, a massive thank you for all your help and support with this  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 08:45 PM by dancetothedrummersbeat »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  RAD TOY RIDE THE CHANGE EXPLAINED

gfxgfx
gfx gfx