gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975534 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 25, 2024, 12:45 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  SANDOWN VW & BMX SHOW WITH BOB HARO
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: SANDOWN VW & BMX SHOW WITH BOB HARO  (Read 5689 times)

Offline Discostu

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
Re: SANDOWN VW & BMX SHOW WITH BOB HARO
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2014, 05:37 PM »
I would say no Steve, but message the coolflo team and ask as you never know.  :daumenhoch:

Offline stevepeanut

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2014, 07:11 PM »
I would like to bring my Haro bike in and see if I could get it signed, any idea of who I can contact from coolflo? is there anyone on here connected with them?

Offline dwain dibbly

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2014, 07:27 PM »

Offline stevepeanut

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2014, 01:11 PM »
bob who ?

Offline antiquebmx

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2014, 01:16 PM »
wish I could go, used to live literally down the road oh well might be back for next year  :daumenhoch:

Offline stevepeanut

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2014, 02:56 PM »
I am thinking I could bring my Haro stem or forks to the show, something small, then I won't have to have a bmx with me all day, I don't think they will let me bring a bike in anyway.

Offline Mint

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2014, 03:08 PM »
weathers looking ok... tickets have arrived in the post... Roll on friday.  :daumenhoch: happy days :)

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2014, 03:13 PM »
Someone ask Bob if he is around in August and likes roundabouts and lakes  :LolLolLolLol:
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline Discostu

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2014, 03:26 PM »
Steve, of your clever you could take one bit in at a time, and build your bike up inside!  :daumenhoch:  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline stevepeanut

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2014, 07:30 PM »
Haha Stu thats not a bad idea.

What I am thinking now is, drive down Sat from Leeds, get a cheap travelodge or similar, anywhere with 20 miles of the show would do, then head there Sunday for the full day at the show, then drive home for a late arrival back to Leeds.

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2014, 08:23 PM »
I've been in contact with Chris Young, he is coming & is going to bring some of his old photo albums & hopefully one of his old Haro's  8)

griff

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2014, 10:03 PM »

What I am thinking now is, drive down Sat from Leeds, get a cheap travelodge or similar, anywhere with 20 miles of the show would do, then head there Sunday for the full day at the show, then drive home for a late arrival back to Leeds.

Benno has found a place pretty close

As for taking bikes, there might not be room in the show n shine, but nothing to stop you taking a bike to get around on (I'm gonna take one, probably the silverfox)

Offline stevepeanut

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2014, 07:59 AM »

As for taking bikes, there might not be room in the show n shine, but nothing to stop you taking a bike to get around on (I'm gonna take one, probably the silverfox)

That's exactly what I wanted to do, bring a bike in, to ride around on, but not for the show and shine as I know that's fully booked. I know a lot of the show is indoors, so I have no idea wether to bring a bike, if I get turned away, there's no way I'm leaving the bike inside my car. My Haro is worth more than my car.

Offline Discostu

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2014, 12:36 PM »
You can put your bike in the back of my sprinter if you want, it doesn't have any windows and is deadlocked so it should be ok.  :daumenhoch:

Offline AKGOFF

• 900 Air
  • 85 Hutch 'Woody' Trickstar
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2014, 12:48 PM »

That's exactly what I wanted to do, bring a bike in, to ride around on, but not for the show and shine as I know that's fully booked. I know a lot of the show is indoors, so I have no idea wether to bring a bike, if I get turned away, there's no way I'm leaving the bike inside my car. My Haro is worth more than my car.

If you're not in the SnS I wouldn't bring a bike, you can't ride it indoors and if the weather is good outside will be packed.
*******EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE APART FROM THE TRICKSTARS******

griff

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2014, 01:42 PM »

If you're not in the SnS I wouldn't bring a bike, you can't ride it indoors and if the weather is good outside will be packed.

thought taking a bmx was standard practice for getting around these things  ???

[EDIT] clearly this comment was only directed at people who can ride a bike for more than 20m without falling off :teef:

Offline bmxgirl

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2014, 05:17 PM »
The Volksworld show is very much a static indoor show, although the BMX's will be on display outside. Its not like the typical weekender VW show ie Bug Jam etc  where the site is huge and you can get about on a bike. Its just too crowded inside and out to ride one.

Offline benno

• Team Moderator
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2014, 05:39 PM »

Yep I'm staying at the holiday inn , Shepperton about 5 miles away , I figured if I get on the beer all day and night I can just get a taxi back there later :)
It comes out of the ground!

Offline stevepeanut

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2014, 07:34 PM »

Yep I'm staying at the holiday inn , Shepperton about 5 miles away , I figured if I get on the beer all day and night I can just get a taxi back there later :)

I will check that out in a bit, I know at heathrow I can get a travelodge for £34 or something like that, dirt cheap.

Offline AKGOFF

• 900 Air
  • 85 Hutch 'Woody' Trickstar
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2014, 09:11 PM »

I will check that out in a bit, I know at heathrow I can get a travelodge for £34 or something like that, dirt cheap.

Heathrows Fookin miles away.  :shocked:
*******EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE APART FROM THE TRICKSTARS******

Offline stevepeanut

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2014, 09:15 PM »
I thought Heathrow was 10 miles away or something?

I am not bothered about distance, just want to drive down Saturday, stay overnight, then get up and drive to the show, not bothered if its 30 mins or so drive.

Does anyone know anyone with a spare camping ticket? or anywhere cheap to stay nearby?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 09:23 PM by stevepeanut »

griff

« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2014, 11:14 PM »
The Volksworld show is very much a static indoor show, although the BMX's will be on display outside. Its not like the typical weekender VW show ie Bug Jam etc  where the site is huge and you can get about on a bike. Its just too crowded inside and out to ride one.

Fair enough, probably won't bother with a bike then  :daumenhoch:

In2bmx

« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2014, 08:16 PM »
Very last minute as always but I'll be there ....  :slayer: :slayer: :slayer:

Offline stevepeanut

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2014, 10:33 PM »
I was all set to come to this, and in the middle of looking for hotel then I got offered a gsxr bike at a price that I could not refuse. So I went to get that instead. Gutted I missed Bob Haro but bmx is my number 2 hobby and motorbikes come first.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  SANDOWN VW & BMX SHOW WITH BOB HARO

gfxgfx
gfx gfx