gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975534 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 25, 2024, 08:34 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Frame Identification
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Frame Identification  (Read 3455 times)

Offline killahurtz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Frame Identification
« on: January 08, 2014, 01:30 AM »
Hi Guys/Girls
Fantastic site and can't wait to get my calendar. Im after some help trying to ID a frame i have just purchased. Its a Mongoose and the frame number is FEH03810. Im really hoping this is a very early 90/91 BMX frame but so far I have had no luck in getting a date or name for the particular model. Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Happy New Year to all

Thanks woody

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Frame Identification
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 07:26 AM »
Hi Woody

bang up a few pictures mate and i'm sure someone will help you out.  maybe a Hooligan?  but without pictures i don't know, there are a few Mongoose gurus on here who may know by the serial though  :daumenhoch:

Offline killahurtz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 10:36 AM »
Thanks Pickle
I will add the pictures I have on tonight.

Thanks woody

Offline killahurtz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 06:21 PM »
Heres the Pics that were on Ebay

Offline killahurtz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 06:23 PM »
Some more

Offline killahurtz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 06:24 PM »
More

Offline killahurtz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 06:25 PM »
 :wtf:

Offline killahurtz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 06:25 PM »
 :wtf:

Offline killahurtz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 06:26 PM »
Last 2

Offline killahurtz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2014, 07:09 PM »
After now scouring the Internet thanks to the Hooligan Hint, Im thinking a 95/96 Mongoose Menace. the back brakes look like there going to be fun. Just see a youtube video and he mentioned something about them being discontinued.

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2014, 06:59 PM »
looks like youre right
12 95ers on bmxmuseum
http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/mongoose/'model=122&year=1995
(http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/mongoose/37626   dug6's looks like yours)

and 13 96ers ..........but many are cruisers, pretty nice, actually

..seems the Menace was discontinued in 1999 ..oldest model there being a 1989er .......get the fooker built :daumenhoch:

Offline killahurtz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2014, 08:51 PM »
Thanks for the pictures fisch
I'm still building my first one but nearly finished it, just need to make some
Adaptors from 1/2" to 9/16" for the pedals. I'm a bit worried now though as all the bikes
I've seen on here are original, mine was a Raleigh chrome burner originally but now its white and blue with a Raleigh badge on the front and skyway decals on the frame. I'm going to do the mongoose orange and white, but will put menace decals on it as its the true identity of the bike. I have not got it yet either its getting picked up from wolverhampton for me. I need to see how bad this welded bodge on the seat area is and hopefully I don't have to do to much rebuilding.
Thanks again Fisch  :)

Woody

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2014, 09:43 PM »
i did nowt :LolLolLolLol:
a ya, the weld - i didn't really see that -- hopefully it's not too bad -- and in the end it might be a good excuse for having the thing painted orange. Get buckwild on it, and post some pics if it turns out cool :daumenhoch:

Offline killahurtz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2014, 11:42 PM »
Heres the latest one, like I said it's just waiting for the pedals and chain which will go on when ive made the adaptors.
Hope nobody laughs to hard its my first build.
Thanks   :nuts:

Offline killahurtz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2014, 11:44 PM »
 :bump:

Offline killahurtz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2014, 11:48 PM »
Ive added some custom 6mm 316 st/st to the tech 2's to hold them in position, then mirror finished the inserts. Ive put this picture up as the flash really does not do the colours justice as the blue's that are not the nastyish anodised blue are deep navy. Although the anodising is what I knew growing up in the 80's
 :Great_Britain:

Offline killahurtz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2014, 11:53 PM »
My house is a shite hole obviously as ive been decorating it for the last 4 months, kept going to the BMX rather than walls, Missis wasn't happy  :surprise:

Offline killahurtz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2014, 01:01 PM »
My plan originally was to keep it chrome, but it was in such a bad way when i picked it up it wasnt possible as money is very tight. I was going to polish the whole frame and laquer it but the frame had some really poor areas on it and blue being my fav colour it had to be white and blue. The bike cost me 46 quid from ebay so you can imagine the state it was in. The frame,forks,handle bars,wheels and stem are all what was on the bike. I polished and laquered everything i could then repaired and resprayed it. I know it will be not be liked by the purists but the bike represents everything I liked from the 80's and considering it was on the scrap heap, it now has a new lease of life. The bike currently stands me at 90-100 quid as I have some decals i did not use. Basically scoured ebay looking for bargains which was a great part of the build and very educational as this is my first ever dabble into re-building a bike.
 8)

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2014, 06:24 PM »
ha ha the bug bite ...welcome on board the mx radbmx :teef: .......still you need pedals and a chain  :slayer:

Offline killahurtz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2014, 06:41 PM »
Thankfully I have the chain and pedals, I'm currently making the adaptors for the crank and mirroring them aswell and 8 spacers that were black plastic on the pedals, they are being upgraded to polished st/st, just have  :)to finish turning them. Fortunately I'm an engineer and can do the work myself. Otherwise cost wise this would never happen.

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2014, 06:58 PM »
oh yeah, you already said - guess i've got Adhs. :D - Gotta love a tuff ogk combo .......they look tinted though, perhaps it's just the cam or did you colour them... ??? ?

Offline killahurtz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2014, 07:16 PM »
Ye they have been sprayed with super hardened paint then I sign wrote them, which come out better than I thought. The back wheel is an original Ogk and the front is an original skyway, hence the skyway decals the frame and forks are Raleigh hence the Raleigh badge.  I'm chuffed to be fair with the results. None of its powder coated its all sprayed in a booth and oven dried slowly.

Offline killahurtz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2014, 07:45 PM »
The mongoose is going to be st orange as a mate has just sprayed a pick up in it and has enough left over. It will have the aftermarket ogk replica on the back and after market skyeay on the front and they will be white but not sprayed. Mongoose has to be the most radical bmx name hence the radical colour, it should look good as a custom build. Fingers crossed.

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2014, 08:08 PM »
 .....if the coloured ones start to show brake rub off and you want to restore them one day .....there's loads of threads on that on here ;D

get it on with the mong :daumenhoch: ...looking forward to that - white mags are well nice 8)

Offline killahurtz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2014, 08:49 PM »
I'm hoping when these wear its uniform and doesn't look that bad. But I think I will have to invest in some blue mags in the future as they were in bad nick and faded yellow.
 :'(

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Frame Identification

gfxgfx
gfx gfx