gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975537 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 11:36 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Help with valuing Vincent Bars Please
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Help with valuing Vincent Bars Please  (Read 335 times)

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Help with valuing Vincent Bars Please
« on: February 23, 2014, 05:22 PM »
Hi guys

I'm considering thinning out some of my parts stock to raise one funds for some parts I really do need for my builds, 'sell loads to get a few' kind of thing. Anyway one of the parts I'm considering selling is a set of first gen Vincent freestyle bars, but I have no idea what kind of price I could expect. I bought them nos, fitted them to a carpet queen for a month or so, then took them off and packed them away again. That's how they've stayed for around 5-10 years now. The stem area just has factory paint removed from where they slipped from the stem not being tightened up enough, absolutely no crushing (see second photo). They still even have the original price tag stuck to them.

Anyway any thoughts on value would be much appreciated. I'm not certain I'll sell them, it depends on what you guys think their genuine value is. If agreeable with me then they definitely will be up for grabs though.

Many thanks  :daumenhoch:

« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 10:21 PM by Picklez »
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline bodamus

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Hel[p with valuing Vincent Bars Please
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 05:35 PM »
Don't know but I would definately be interested in buying them off you so first refusal then I guess please.

Thanks bodamus :)

Offline chubby

• BMX Nerd
  • Needs Pegs
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 06:07 PM »
Bloody difficult call is this mr picklez.
When you have DP ladder bars on the bay at 400 + you'd think these would be around the same  :chin:
Trouble is you're appealing to a much smaller audience with these, not many Vincent's about & they wouldn't suit everything out there. Last ones I knew that sold on their own went for £120 & a really rough green set went for £80. I'd think £150 ish would be ok but I suppose the dreaded ebay is the only way you'd find out how much someone wants some in this case.......
I've a set of og chrome rock 2's under the bed that I've been holding onto in the vain hope I can get someone to part with a gen 2 vincent freestyler,  I could do with the money but no idea on what to ask either  :LolLolLolLol:
WANTED : 1" freestyle forks, uglier the better

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 07:01 PM »
I think £200 totally mint tho  ;)

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: Help with valuing Vincent Bars Please
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 10:27 PM »
Thanks guys. That was about my thinking.

Chubby, completely agree with your sentiment regarding 'supply and demand etc'. If you ever do let the gen 2's go please please do consider me, one of my grail bars those. I could sweeten any deal with a couple of live seagulls and some peroxide  :whistle:

As for those ladder bars I was surprised as everyone else at the price they're fetching,  but way I look at it is lots of dp's about and lots of owners wanting them bars to compliment their builds. I know I won't ever be letting mine go, even at prices like that. I love them. Set of action zone's went for 350 recently, still regret selling mine, their a nice brit bar too.

Cheers again boys.
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline chubby

• BMX Nerd
  • Needs Pegs
  • Rated:
Re: Help with valuing Vincent Bars Please
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 01:32 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:  :LolLolLolLol:  :LolLolLolLol:
I'd prefer dead seagulls bud, i'm thinking of getting rid as I'm fed up trying to get these people to part with what I'm after  :tickedoff:
Like yours they've been hanging around & it's money tied up that I could waste on something else  :crazy2:
WANTED : 1" freestyle forks, uglier the better

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Help with valuing Vincent Bars Please

gfxgfx
gfx gfx