gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 27, 2024, 05:39 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  REDLINE ID HELP PLEASE
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: REDLINE ID HELP PLEASE  (Read 558 times)

Offline kingkev

• Curb Endo
  • Keeping it real since 1976
  • Rated:
REDLINE ID HELP PLEASE
« on: April 25, 2014, 11:27 AM »
hey guys......been told a few different things about the old redline serial numbers so here goes...serial number is RC 04691...also any info on the number '39' to the right of the redline oval would be appreciated...'39' is also on the rear dropout too?????....thanks for your time

kev

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: REDLINE ID HELP PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 12:40 AM »
Not sure about the Redline serials but pretty sure the 39's have nothing to do with the manufacturer. Look like markings made by a previous owner to me.  :daumenhoch:
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 06:50 AM »
WHS ^^^

Looks like 39 has been etched into the chrome whereas the Redline stamp has been chromed into.  It could be a zip code, a house number or something like that done by a previous owner.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline kingkev

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 08:29 AM »
Hmmmm??...bitd when I had my post code stamp by ths police they would do the full post code and the house number????....someone mentioned to me last year it could be the riders number from a team but im not 100% sure.....cheers tho guys :daumenhoch:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 08:37 AM »
Hmmmm??...bitd when I had my post code stamp by ths police they would do the full post code and the house number????....someone mentioned to me last year it could be the riders number from a team but im not 100% sure.....cheers tho guys :daumenhoch:

Depends on where the frame came from, might not even be from the UK plus it looks scribed not stamped so maybe someone did it at school or in their dads shed.  Find out who used to own it and maybe they can tell you  :daumenhoch:.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline kingkev

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 09:03 AM »

Depends on where the frame came from, might not even be from the UK plus it looks scribed not stamped so maybe someone did it at school or in their dads shed.  Find out who used to own it and maybe they can tell you  :daumenhoch:

I got it off a guy from Worcester off ebay....the comms were poor with him then so probably won't get much info from him unfortunately... :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  REDLINE ID HELP PLEASE

gfxgfx
gfx gfx