gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975537 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 28, 2024, 10:15 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  As the name suggests... Some pictures of my anodising work. Enjoy :) PIC HEAVY
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: As the name suggests... Some pictures of my anodising work. Enjoy :) PIC HEAVY  (Read 3395 times)

Offline anodiser_chick

• Curb Endo
  • I make ally sexy
    • Acorn Plating - Anodising
  • Rated:
Thanks Guy's
**Anodising**

Contact me for quotes or with questions

Jay Reich - 07794535328 - jay.acornplating@yahoo.co.uk

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
I sent some Chang Star levers and unbranded calipers to be anodised last week. I suspect that the levers are of fairly poor/average quality alloy, and as such were quite badly pitted. The calipers weren't in the best shape either. Jay's communication has been excellent throughout the whole process, and I have received regular updates on the job as it has progressed. My brakes were finished today, and are on their way to me as we speak. Here are some photos that Jay took for me to approve the work before I paid. I think they've come out amazing. Like I said, the quality of the alloy is probably not up to Dia Compe standards, and the brakes were in a poor state.

Thanks Jay!
Excellent communication from start to finish  :daumenhoch:
Very fast turnaround time too  :daumenhoch:

Take a look  "wantit"

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Chicks got skills

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Hi
Got a few questions if I can

I used an anodiser who could protect the steel parts of brakes and stems etc , is this some thing you can do

Can you do specific finishes , I mean Matt ,brushed etc as a lot of the things I want done had specific finishes , not just highly polished

Thanks

Offline anodiser_chick

• Curb Endo
  • I make ally sexy
  • Rated:
Thanks Jay!
Excellent communication from start to finish  :daumenhoch:
Very fast turnaround time too

No problem at all. I'm really pleased you like them!

Hi
Got a few questions if I can

I used an anodiser who could protect the steel parts of brakes and stems etc , is this some thing you can do

Can you do specific finishes , I mean Matt ,brushed etc as a lot of the things I want done had specific finishes , not just highly polished

Thanks

Hiya,

I can mask steel, yes. But not all of the time. Sometimes we get things in that are simply impossible to mask without it having an impact on the outcome.

And yes, there are a few different finishes i can do. Feel free to email me. It's easier than using this on my phone and i can answer any more questions  :)
**Anodising**

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Nice work.  :daumenhoch:
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline McQUEEN

• Look Back
  • I left it in the garden......
  • Rated:
Just had some peregrine 48's rims stripped, polished and anodised by Jay, along with a peregrine seat post clamp. The satin silver of the rims is faultless as is the shine on the seat clamp. Great communication from Jay throughout the process, letting me know when they arrived, how long it would take, photos to make sure I was happy with them and then shipping 'em back. And for a good price too.

All good, check em out.............

When I was born, the world was a far simpler place.
It was all just cops and robbers.
And BMX.

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Looks  :4_17_5: class  :daumenhoch:

Just had some peregrine 48's rims stripped, polished and anodised by Jay, along with a peregrine seat post clamp. The satin silver of the rims is faultless as is the shine on the seat clamp. Great communication from Jay throughout the process, letting me know when they arrived, how long it would take, photos to make sure I was happy with them and then shipping 'em back. And for a good price too.

All good, check em out.............

Offline Steve P

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Awesome work as always ... I must get my act together and get this box of stuff on its way to Jay pronto  :coolsmiley:

Offline anodiser_chick

• Curb Endo
  • I make ally sexy
  • Rated:
Awesome work as always ... I must get my act together and get this box of stuff on its way to Jay pronto  :coolsmiley:

Yes... Yes you must  :bow:

Thanks for all the kind words, guy's!!
**Anodising**

Offline anodiser_chick

• Curb Endo
  • I make ally sexy
  • Rated:
Hello you sexy bunch...

I have a new thread that is going to be made a sticky instead of this one. If any of you have had work done by me, i would massively appreciate you posting it in that thread instead of this one as it is more updated with BMX related stuffs and not mainly bikes that need big engines to make them go vroooooom.

Thank you!!!

**Anodising**

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  As the name suggests... Some pictures of my anodising work. Enjoy :) PIC HEAVY

gfxgfx
gfx gfx