gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975538 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 12:54 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Why the difference, is it significant?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Why the difference, is it significant?  (Read 558 times)

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
Why the difference, is it significant?
« on: July 03, 2014, 07:09 PM »
Significant in a 'well that shlt don't work let's cut one end off'

2 into one cable splitters on my decade, it has two metal plates leaving very little room for movement between them, mines an October 86, I can only find 2 others on the museum like mine, both are 86, do you think it was a failed idea, and it was scrapped early on in production?

First pic is an 86 with just the hanger for the adjusters
Second pic is mine with adjuster hangers and a second plate with a single hole for cable exit

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
Re: Why the difference, is it significant?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 08:20 PM »
Got a clearer and larger pic of yours?
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 08:23 PM »
Not at the moment clint, but it's the same as the front one, it just has a single hole in it for the cable to exit , will see if I can grab the close up on BMX museum

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 08:39 PM »
yep I know what you mean now, quickest solution is to wind the two front barrel adjusters out as far as possible, that should give you a bit more room, also set your pads/caliper so they are only just clearing the rims
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 08:44 PM »
yep I know what you mean now, quickest solution is to wind the two front barrel adjusters out as far as possible, that should give you a bit more room, also set your pads/caliper so they are only just clearing the rims
yup that's how I'm running it, it's still poo
Think I will have to bite the bullet and replace the cables throughout, the inners all looked ok, but after drowning the outeRS with WD the orangey rust colour that came out wasn't promising, and they are a bit crunchy.
And I'm running skyway tuff pads, the original ones white with black writing, and even with the caliper at it's most open position they still pretty much touch the rims, and that's with the small 'wobble' washers on the inside and the large on the outside of the caliper

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 09:06 PM »
If you are using the original spin tech these are a bitch to set up perfect at the best of times let alone with old cables. I think you can run some fresh ones without ruining the survivor look  :daumenhoch:

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 09:07 PM »
I reckon that's my route to go down, little gutted, but it's got to be ridden not hidden

Still no closer as to knowing why their are two designs of hangers

Offline chubby

• BMX Nerd
  • Needs Pegs
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 09:09 PM »
If you are using the original spin tech these are a bitch to set up perfect at the best of times let alone with old cables. I think you can run some fresh ones without ruining the survivor look  :daumenhoch:

Was just typing the same Clint, there's a spin tech guru on't museum big thread about setting them up 
WANTED : 1" freestyle forks, uglier the better

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 09:10 PM »

Was just typing the same Clint, there's a spin tech guru on't museum big thread about setting them up
cheers chubby, I was directed to the spin tech guru prior to building it, and I got a pronto out of the og instructions

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2014, 09:13 PM »
I fooked off my back brake in the end, love my postmans skids but a combo of the spin tech, wanky brake pads and my fat arse made it impossible on all but the greasiest of surfaces. I put pink dc cables On mine to pick out the pink in the decals and they look ace :)

Offline chubby

• BMX Nerd
  • Needs Pegs
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2014, 09:13 PM »
bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=558181

Here's the fella Jaymz
WANTED : 1" freestyle forks, uglier the better

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Why the difference, is it significant?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx