gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975533 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 24, 2024, 06:58 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Threadless clamp on dilema. Any ideas??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Threadless clamp on dilema. Any ideas??  (Read 747 times)

Offline EDBANGER

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Threadless clamp on dilema. Any ideas??
« on: July 18, 2014, 07:22 PM »
I have some 1 inch Hoffman Super forks and a 1 inch Hoffman clamp on but it seems the clamp on is just fractionally too small so won't go onto the forks.  It's seriously doing my head in now.  Any ideas??

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Threadless clamp on dilema. Any ideas??
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 07:36 PM »
Been there done that Hoffman did two types of 1" early and late , the two types aren't interchangeable , spent ages trying to sort it don't bother.

I have a early nos 1" clamp hoffman stem that I can sell if it helps

Offline EDBANGER

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 07:42 PM »
PM'ing you bud...

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 07:42 PM »
If its the right size, I have had too on 1 1/18 stems take the bolts out and wind them in from the wrong side with a penny or a knife in the slot to make the opening slightly bigger. Slide the stem on and them put the bolts in the right way.

Offline EDBANGER

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 07:46 PM »
If its the right size, I have had too on 1 1/18 stems take the bolts out and wind them in from the wrong side with a penny or a knife in the slot to make the opening slightly bigger. Slide the stem on and them put the bolts in the right way.

Tried that one.  Hammered a  hard wooden wedge in to try and spread the gap a bit.

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 07:48 PM »

Tried that one.  Hammered a  hard wooden wedge in to try and spread the gap a bit.
Hope you tried it from the bottom. :)
If in doubt, Get the angle grinder out >:D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Threadless clamp on dilema. Any ideas??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx