gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975534 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 25, 2024, 11:00 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  MK 14 and the joy it brings
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MK 14 and the joy it brings  (Read 3076 times)

Offline wilsey72

• Team Moderator
  • 900 Air
  • Thats corn that is.
  • Rated:
MK 14 and the joy it brings
« on: August 18, 2014, 12:52 PM »
I had my 12 year old twin boys with me for their first MK and they were totally blown away.
We arrived with them not really knowing anything about OS BMX, only that Dad disappears into the garage for hours on end to tinker with some knackered old kids bikes.
But, last night we had conversations that gave me a warm feeling inside, they were telling me what bikes they want to build, colour schemes, parts they are going to use and it was all relevant. They really took everything in, listened, looked and asked questions.
They have been bitten by the bug big time.
I've got RAD to thank for this extra little bond I now have with my boys.
They had their first proper beer too (only 1).
Thank you to everyone for taking the time to answer their questions and make them feel like part of what was going on and not like just 2 little kids who were in the way.

The only problem now is they aren't quite as happy to use the Raleigh's as riders (yes you've managed to turn them into bike snobs)... this could get expensive!!

Thank you the RAD team from the bottom of my heart for such a great event.  :bow:
GLOUCESTER RIDE 28th July 2018

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Re: MK 14 and the joy it brings
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 12:55 PM »
I had my 12 year old twin boys with me for their first MK and they were totally blown away.
We arrived with them not really knowing anything about OS BMX, only that Dad disappears into the garage for hours on end to tinker with some knackered old kids bikes.
But, last night we had conversations that gave me a warm feeling inside, they were telling me what bikes they want to build, colour schemes, parts they are going to use and it was all relevant. They really took everything in, listened, looked and asked questions.
Thank you to everyone for taking the time to answer their questions and make them feel like part of what was going on and not like just 2 little kids who were in the way.

The only problem now is they aren't quite as happy to use the Raleigh's as riders (yes you've managed to turn them into bike snobs)... this could get expensive!!

Thank you the RAD team from the bottom of my heart for such a great event.  :bow:

Great story Keith.  :coolsmiley:

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 12:55 PM »
Awesome! Its what its all about  :daumenhoch:

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 12:56 PM »
Now that's Rad !

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 12:59 PM »
They really are a credit too you
They lucky lads as well to have such a cool as fook Dad!!

I have been starting my resto process for my weekend purchase
Wd40 peek
Will probably take me 3 months if I do a bit every day  :uglystupid2:

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 01:07 PM »
Nice one... bit of dad and lad time.  :daumenhoch:
My 10yr old lad's not really arsed either way but he loves coming for the camping and the craic. Shame Denzil and Tony Lee couldn't make it.  :( He likes them 2 loons.  :LolLolLolLol:
Think he's warming to you too Dan.  :daumenhoch:
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 03:00 PM »
Nice one... bit of dad and lad time.  :daumenhoch:
My 10yr old lad's not really arsed either way but he loves coming for the camping and the craic. Shame Denzil and Tony Lee couldn't make it.  :( He likes them 2 loons.  :LolLolLolLol:
Think he's warming to you too Dan.  :daumenhoch:

Asa (Asoh) is a top lad, a credit to you Nick, comes along and rides miles with the big lads.  :daumenhoch:

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 03:37 PM »
Awesome story, getting the kids involved is great.  Jaymz junior (14) attended his third MK this year, he brought his own parts to sell and trade, so funded himself, got himself bargains off the generous radsters, and managed to almost drink me under table, as gashead junior was just handing him cans over the bar!! He's already hyped about next years mk

Offline adammannering

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2014, 04:56 PM »

brilliant story - loving that old school BMX cements  a bond !
Wanted any condition pk ripper repop for my daily rider !

Offline benno

• Team Moderator
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2014, 05:33 PM »
yeah top lads are your boys mate  :daumenhoch:
It comes out of the ground!

griff

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2014, 05:37 PM »
tbh I tried to avoid making eye contact with them after not being able to give them their T-Shirts :teef:

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2014, 05:42 PM »
Great story :daumenhoch:

My 4yr old loves his bike and wants to come next year to ride the track after looking at the pictures :shocked:

If I've got him in tow I'll have to go easier on the vodka though..... a small price to pay if I can get him hooked on bmx at 5yrs old I'd say :coolsmiley:
Still limping......

Offline chubby

• BMX Nerd
  • Needs Pegs
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2014, 06:19 PM »
Nice story but I didn't feel particularly joyful weeing behind a tree at 4 on sunday morning !!!!
On the positive side seeing all the wonderful stuff has given me new ideas for the kind of bikes I wanna build & helped me make my mind up about outing a couple I thought I'd never let go !!!!!!!! ( freestyler not included  :LolLolLolLol: )
WANTED : 1" freestyle forks, uglier the better

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2014, 06:36 PM »
 8) :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  MK 14 and the joy it brings

gfxgfx
gfx gfx