gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975533 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 23, 2024, 08:49 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  MK14 old school racing snub
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MK14 old school racing snub  (Read 12379 times)

Offline richie4

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
MK14 old school racing snub
« on: August 20, 2014, 01:20 PM »
Talking to a few old school racers on the Sunday and it was basically obvious that they pushed aside away from everything else that was going on that weekend. Lovely trophies etc for the show and shine and for the lads out racing only the top three walking away with a race plate.that came from MK bmx club. Im sure these riders bought raffle tickets, donated on Saturday night, joined in with everything etc so why the snub?

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
Re: MK14 old school racing snub
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 01:31 PM »
No 'snub' to be fair........

We passed the racing side over to the MK club, as over the years the interest dwindled and trying to drum up interest seemed to fall on deaf ears......

We have in the past awarded plates and medals, however the MK club said they would cover this, however we can certainly think about this next year  :daumenhoch:

Not intentional

Offline boofy44

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 01:31 PM »
Eh?

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 01:34 PM »
I really am not going to comment as I will shout and rant.

griff

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 01:39 PM »
snub?

there was a lot going on at the weekend, but there has always been racing at MK
clearly you can never please everyone all the time but we did our best to ensure everyone had a good time, would be helpful if your comments were a bit more constructive
there have been many years of MK without ramps but that wasn't a snub at the freestylers

as for raffle tickets & whatnot I'm not sure what point you're making there

if you have any suggestions on how it can be improved for MK15 then fire away - I would have been on the track myself (at the back) but couldn't risk any kind of injury this time around

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 01:45 PM »
There was definitely no snub and if it felt that way then it was not intentional i can assure you.

We will take your comments on board though and look at how we can make any improvements on the racing side.

Thanks for the feedback  :daumenhoch:

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 01:49 PM »
Deffo no snub - I watched a load of it, and two of the three mates I turned up with entered the 17+ catagory and loved it. They felt completley part of the whole MK experience, and can't wait till next year to come back.
Ste on here also kept legging it over the track to get some gates in.

I guess you can't please everyone at a free event like this to be fair (as seen on faceache)  :)
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 02:01 PM »
Don't get it...who's been snubbed.  ???
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 02:04 PM »
 "nono"
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 02:06 PM »
there have been many years of MK without ramps but that wasn't a snub at the freestylers

Nail. Head. Nuff said by our man Griff :daumenhoch:

Surely MK as an event is now bigger than just the racing ??? Most of the members on here are collectors and I bet 90% of the 293 riders on the lake ride only ride their BMX for that very event. Like Griff, I have raced at MK for a couple of years and really enjoyed it, but it wasn't my thing. I loved looking at the builds which is let's face it what most of the members on this site enjoy doing. But the fact this year the event had ramps to cater for the real minority of us who still have a go I thought was simply awesome. Would I have not come if the ramps weren't there? Of course I would :coolsmiley:
Still limping......

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2014, 02:13 PM »
Agreed Spen,

I could name 20 people who were there this year including me that didn't race like previous years......

However next year we will have another push at getting the members racing.....novice, old, young and experienced.........pending hangovers.

We have already spoken, following the success of the ramps about a freestyle comp, old school BMX beat type thing.........

So all is good  :4_17_5:

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2014, 02:31 PM »

I guess you can't please everyone at a free event like this to be fair (as seen on faceache)  :)

Fook me ..... Faceache again !!  ::)  The amount of people i spoke to at MK who had something negative to say about that fookin thing was unbelievable . Im not on there (thank god) so don't know what has been said etc but the sooner the lads who care about this forum stop posting on that social drivel shite and start posting on here the better for all concerned .

As far as im aware there's no history to go back to on the Faceache  BMX groups , so if you guys need info for a build or spec etc you need to come on here . Might be worth stopping and thinking what you would do if there was no RAD anymore and where you would get your info from then  . The only way to keep this site busy and fresh is by members posting more on here and not on FB . In my opinion if i have an interest in a particular hobby etc i always use the relevant forum , not some social media site . 

I understand a few comments on how it's 'instant' and you can upload pics straightaway but in all honesty it doesn't take that long to stick them up on here ..... yet people prefer to share them on FB and can't be arsed to show them on here .

As you can tell im not a Facebook fan  :LolLolLolLol:

Keep it  :radbmxsmilie: and not on that faceache sh1te .

......... put's hard hat on as the facebook fans start there onslaught !!!  :D
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

Offline nosepickben

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2014, 02:34 PM »
I enjoyed racing this year, £5 entry for a well organised meeting is great value. I spoke with rooski and richard bowkett about the dwindling numbers and we all reckoned that racing on the saturday might be worth a try, to allow for both racing and heavy consumption of booze, with the lake ride moving to sunday. Just an idea.
The first year i attended, there was 50+ racers and the winner got a frame and forks! This year it was a 50p number plate. Still, i suppose decent prizes attract the ringers and non rad members and i for one dont want that. KEEP IT RAD..!!  :radbmxsmilie:

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2014, 02:44 PM »

Fook me ..... Faceache again !!  ::) 

Erghh, tarred with a Facebook brush - only went on there to see pictures of me pre being dry bummed by Misty  :LolLolLolLol:

Forum = good
Faceache = poopy.

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2014, 02:54 PM »

Fook me ..... Faceache again !!  ::) 

Erghh, tarred with a Facebook brush - only went on there to see pictures of me pre being dry bummed by Misty  :LolLolLolLol:

Forum = good
Faceache = poopy.

Danny ...... my apologies , it wasn't mean't to be a personal dig at you but a general rant about members who seem to prefer Faceache over this site .

I just don't understand the big attraction of it when it comes to BMX , maybe im too old school and just prefer the forums  :-\ :D

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2014, 03:09 PM »
Totally didn't take it that way me old mukka  :daumenhoch:

Agreed on FB, a lot of peeps say that forums are old hat nowadays, but to be honest:

A) You can't search facebook for anything other than people you want to be nosey about.

B) The excuse that upping a piccy is easier on FB is all valid if you want to upload a piccy smaller than my c0ck.

C) Facebooks sucks teh balls.

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2014, 03:10 PM »

Danny ...... my apologies , it wasn't mean't to be a personal dig at you but a general rant about members who seem to prefer Faceache over this site .

I just don't understand the big attraction of it when it comes to BMX , maybe im too old  :-\ :D

:shocked:
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2014, 03:28 PM »
Totally didn't take it that way me old mukka  :daumenhoch:

Agreed on FB, a lot of peeps say that forums are old hat nowadays, but to be honest:

A) You can't search facebook for anything other than people you want to be nosey about.

B) The excuse that upping a piccy is easier on FB is all valid if you want to upload a piccy smaller than my c0ck.

C) Facebooks sucks teh balls.

:daumenhoch:

You are now officially my new favourite person on RAD  :4_17_5:

Im going to start a new group and you can be the first member ......... facebook based ofcourse  :D

I just don't understand the big attraction of it when it comes to BMX , maybe im too old  :-\ :D

:shocked:

;D

You missed the 'and bald' bit out Nick  :D

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2014, 03:55 PM »
I had a few goes round the track on the Saturday and absolutely loved it!!  :smitten:
I loved it so much that I'm now on the look out for my first old school race bike and definitely want to try out some NW tracks with a view to racing at next years MK !  :4_17_5:

As for wankbook ... I bloody hate it's negativity and short sightedness...
I met several people who when I asked them " who are you on rad?"  Replied  "oh I don't go on there but I'm on Facebook "
I also heard rumours of pig ignorant fookers questing the colour of my grips on there... Maybe if they got off their arses and joined a forum their knowledge of BMX wouldn't be so bloody poor!
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 04:07 PM »
Get yer tits out Richie  :LolLolLolLol:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2014, 05:51 PM »
Spot on Ant & Joff. Facebook defo has it's uses and is great for real time chat/discussion and it's easy to buy/sell things, but if you need anything more in depth such as a tech or reference question, a forum based site such as rad or the museum is the only way to go. As for the racing 'snub', i just don't get it. I entered the old school class this year. I finished dead last, but loved every second of it. For £5, i've achieved what i've waited 30 years to do- enter a proper bmx race. Can't wait to do it again next year.

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2014, 06:48 PM »

Awesome weekend...what's racing ?

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2014, 07:42 PM »
Get yer tits out Richie  :LolLolLolLol:

He did, all weekend.

When last spotted, the winners medal was hanging off his left knocker :daumenhoch:

Well done Rich, on the win. An truly awesome start in the final clinched it.

"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Offline stevesredvxr

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2014, 07:59 PM »
Awesome weekend. Everything there for all tastes....freestyle, racing, mid school, old school what's there to grumble about?

It was FREE entry, FREE beer, FREE food, FREE to watch racing, FREE to have a go at racing and FREE ramps provided if you wanted to have a bash at a bit of freestyle.

None of it funded by the faceshite page but genuine members and site supporters and the goodwill have the owners, mods and sponsors.

I believe the RAD Facebook page doesn't do the forum any favours as some people suck what they can out of it and put absolutely nothing into it.

Not sure people will agree or if the stats prove it but it doesn't seem as busy on here for the last few months but the Facebook pages are pretty busy.....usually with the 'what's this worth' title.

If people are just browsing the Facebook pages then there are very few new members going to have the incentive to join the forum and purchase the SST as they can buy and sell and ask whatever they want without having to.

Without new SST purchases the less money in the pot for the best awesome August weekend you are ever going to have for FREE.

Just my two penneth and probably people will not agree with some of what I've said.

As for the racing, I have never been interested in it before tbh but me and my Holly were glued to it and sat at the side watching most of the motos in the afternoon....didn't notice anything being snubbed.

Again, thanks for the awesome free weekend guys.
Steve

Offline willgas

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2014, 08:13 PM »
I must admit I do use Facebook, and to be honest find it quite easy to use, never post much on there though, same as Rad really, but, will always remain a site supporter here, just hope someday Retrodan will show me the knack to do both successfully !!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  MK14 old school racing snub

gfxgfx
gfx gfx