gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 26, 2024, 05:01 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  MK14 old school racing snub
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MK14 old school racing snub  (Read 12399 times)

griff

Re: MK14 old school racing snub
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2014, 11:22 AM »
Well I am new to the scene, came to MK on the Saturday at the wrong time, mid lake ride and rode round there with a mate, had a beer back to the site, found everything I went for was not there, I went to buy parts. Then I came back on the Sunday with my partner and boy, only stayed for a few hours, I bought what had stuff that was left over after everyone else had their pick. Watched some racing, chated to loads of people. What a great event.
We want to come back next year for the whole weekend, I want to race and I'm 45 and will use an old school bike to do it, I will be racing for last place as I'm sure I'm rubbish but will have a great time doing it.
Also I need to know more about SnS, not to win, my bikes aren't that good or original, but because I enjoyed looking around the others and would like to let people look at my handywork.

last place in the racing is hotly contended!!

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2014, 11:30 AM »
Well I am new to the scene, came to MK on the Saturday at the wrong time, mid lake ride and rode round there with a mate, had a beer back to the site, found everything I went for was not there, I went to buy parts. Then I came back on the Sunday with my partner and boy, only stayed for a few hours, I bought what had stuff that was left over after everyone else had their pick. Watched some racing, chated to loads of people. What a great event.
We want to come back next year for the whole weekend, I want to race and I'm 45 and will use an old school bike to do it, I will be racing for last place as I'm sure I'm rubbish but will have a great time doing it.
Also I need to know more about SnS, not to win, my bikes aren't that good or original, but because I enjoyed looking around the others and would like to let people look at my handywork.

Held admirably this year by DTTDB. :4_17_5:

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2014, 11:57 AM »
You don't need to enter the S&S for people to see your bikes.
Just set up camp and get your bikes out and put em on stands for all to see.  :daumenhoch:
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2014, 12:06 PM »
 :daumenhoch:

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2014, 06:12 PM »

:LolLolLolLol:

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2014, 09:07 PM »

At least you had a go Andy  :daumenhoch:

...... and you certainly looked the part  :coolsmiley:

I reckon we start the Monday nights back up at Copull track next year , get a few more of us on the track for MK15 . I know you mentioned Ant was up for it aswell .... be a laugh if nothing else .
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2014, 09:16 PM »

At least you had a go Andy  :daumenhoch:

...... and you certainly looked the part  :coolsmiley:

I reckon we start the Monday nights back up at Copull track next year , get a few more of us on the track for MK15 . I know you mentioned Ant was up for it aswell .... be a laugh if nothing else .
I'll have a bit of that Joff.  :daumenhoch:
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2014, 10:26 PM »
Nice one Nick, and Joff. I'd defo be up for it. Am sure Ant would be too - he's got the race bug now!

Offline ade

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2014, 03:37 PM »

Now that gives me something to aim at :)

Offline oggy

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2014, 10:08 PM »
what a funny thread  :LolLolLolLol:

so rich is a bit  :uglystupid2: doesnt make him a  :bellend: :bellend:

i think richs point is theres hundreds of people for the S+S racing not so many. the S+S bikes are  "wantit" when your a racer as rich is you want people to race against and a good crowd to watch, rich has raced many a year in years past, even had a few battles myself with him  :2gunsfiring_v1: back in the day, im sure his comments werent a having a go, more of why did the S+S take more importance than racing, i cant find any race pics which i would like to see so please all put down the  :knuppel2: maybe as someone said previous have the race saturday evening so more can race then party after,
next year rich i might be there if the date doesnt clash, be ready to pick up my  :4_17_5: ha

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • RADBury 1st May (Bank Holiday Sunday)
  • Rated:
« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2014, 01:07 PM »
Talking to a few old school racers on the Sunday and it was basically obvious that they pushed aside away from everything else that was going on that weekend. Lovely trophies etc for the show and shine and for the lads out racing only the top three walking away with a race plate.that came from MK bmx club. Im sure these riders bought raffle tickets, donated on Saturday night, joined in with everything etc so why the snub?

were they all site supporters unlike you, you came to a free event that cost these guys thousands, not to mention 100´s of hours organising, free beer all night, great weekend, and you don´t wanna chip in, raffle tickets mean you have a chance of winning something it doesn´t mean you paid your way for the weekend....its quite simple if you feel left out subscribe to the site and your opinion would be taken sympathetically and may even have merit, but moaning about it is slightly taking the piss, like turning up at a party with no beer, then moaning coz there´s no JD
Jono

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  MK14 old school racing snub

gfxgfx
gfx gfx