gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 25, 2024, 10:49 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Skyway street beat
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Skyway street beat  (Read 612 times)

Offline Flipsurf74

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
Skyway street beat
« on: November 30, 2014, 12:11 AM »
Just brought a skyway street beat 1985 in original white enamel with original decals does anyone know what this is worth I paid a wage for it but not sure on its  true value it has a few build marks and two small scratches stamped skyway 1185 which I believe is the month and year ! Any info much appreciated flipsurf
[/url]
F

[/img]

Offline workshyfop

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Skyway street beat
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 06:11 AM »
probably not the greatest idea to post "whats it worth" posts on here dude, they tend not to go down very well.....the decals appear to be non original, pretty sure the genuine skyway ones did not have black writing, no doubt the others will be along later to confirm this or correct my error. good news is the forks are right for the frame. its possibly one of the raw ones that came out of the warehouse in a big number , following excerpt from maurice meyers web site:

"In 2005, a large supply of unpainted Skyway Street Beat frames was uncovered and made available through several distributors - some as cheap as $15 per frame."

thats where mine originated from, and thats an 11-85 date stamp one too, you are correct this is the month/year of manf. not sure what you mean by "paid a wage" but that statement makes me think you may have paid way over the top for it, they certainly are one of, if not the, least valuable usa made 85 framesets and one of the least valuable 1985 frames irrelevant of country of origin.

hope this helps, regards, Neil.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Skyway street beat
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 08:55 AM »
They are awesome frame sets but generally go for about £200 - £250 depending on condition.

Build it and enjoy it

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Skyway street beat

gfxgfx
gfx gfx