gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975501 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX March 29, 2024, 12:20 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  22" Top Tube trails & race frame
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 22" Top Tube trails & race frame  (Read 804 times)

Offline midschooljon

• Flip-Whip
    • Make Your Bones
  • Rated:
22" Top Tube trails & race frame
« on: January 01, 2015, 07:01 PM »
I have been toying with the idea of getting a new NS bike for the summer, and with 3 tracks and 2 sets of trails near me I am looking to get something weighted to race / trails as opposed to a park / trails bike. Im also really keen to get a 22" top tube bike, as I currently ride a 21.25 and its feeling a bit cramped.

The only think is Im not really up to speed on what is out there with regards to race / trails frames? All the race stuff is alloy which isnt for me. I love the look of the Speedwagon, but the price of the frame is staggering!!!  :LolLolLolLol:

Anyone have any suggestions for a 22" TT frame for a bit of trails and track action?
***Wanted - Cash waiting***
RAMP ROOM HOFFMAN FLASH
ELF Double Cross XL.
UGP plates and pad sets
Mid School Race Kit

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
Re: 22" Top Tube trails & race frame
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 08:17 PM »
You could get em to do a custom Jon (as they only go up to 21.5"), but I've got an FBM Steadfast CS that rides like a dream. I'm 6'3" and if feels spacey enough. Longer back end as well for jumping and a good long standover height.

You tried bigger bars n'all? Something 9 or 10" and a topload stem = feels a bit more roomy.

"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

Offline midschooljon

• Flip-Whip
    • Make Your Bones
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 09:04 PM »
You could get em to do a custom Jon (as they only go up to 21.5"), but I've got an FBM Steadfast CS that rides like a dream. I'm 6'3" and if feels spacey enough. Longer back end as well for jumping and a good long standover height.

You tried bigger bars n'all? Something 9 or 10" and a topload stem = feels a bit more roomy.

Thats a good idea. I do really like the steadfast. I currently run Hoder bars cut down to 29, and an Aitken stem running upright. I really like how that front end feels height and width wise so dont really want to change that. My problem is that I like to run my bars about 1 degree back from the head tube angle, and that really shortens the front end.

Will look into a custom FBM and see what they say.  :daumenhoch:
***Wanted - Cash waiting***
RAMP ROOM HOFFMAN FLASH
ELF Double Cross XL.
UGP plates and pad sets
Mid School Race Kit

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline Ste

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 05:50 PM »
I used to ride a custom 22" standard 125 with 990s it was amazing down the trails and at the track,but hopeless on park ramp.they make the 38 soecail in 21.5 I reckon that would be perfect :-)

Offline Ste

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 05:52 PM »
*special.....duhhhh

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  22" Top Tube trails & race frame

gfxgfx
gfx gfx