gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975526 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 20, 2024, 07:29 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Facebook + for sale = abuse?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Facebook + for sale = abuse?  (Read 2895 times)

Offline Avro

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Facebook + for sale = abuse?
« on: March 10, 2020, 05:35 AM »
I have just ventured onto Facebook, just to see if anything interesting BMX had turned up and the first couple of posts I looked at were shocking (not on the Rad page I hasten to add). They were both 'for sale' threads, both for high ticket items, and the vitriol and abuse the sellers received was appalling. The know-it-alls I don't mind but the abusive stuff is out of order.
I just hope the moderators take action or is it a like the tide?
Wanted: Shimano Aero frame
Wanted: Tange Axeblade frame

In2bmx

Re: Facebook + for sale = abuse?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 08:19 AM »
That's FB for you .

I watch the RAD FB page like a hawk.

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 10:53 AM »
Its a joke,

Theres a guy in the states on eBay at the minute selling stuff at 4x what its worth & people are creaming their pants over his stuff like its something special when it's (ok) but no better than loads of stuff up for sale in the UK.

BUT you try & ask anything close those prices here & because people know you or think that they know you the abuse that gets sent your way is ridiculous . I've seen eBay & Facebook posts of mates & myself slagged off all over Facebook other groups in the past .

Also the interesting thing is looking at how some Radsters behave  when they're on Facebook & how they suck up to a few people.

Acting like complete W-A-N-K-E-R-S  (because they can) But wouldn't do it on here as they'd get a ban.

The attitude is shocking by a few ... I don't know who some people think they are really giving it the (biggun) & trying to be billy big bollox online because they clearly (& let it be known ) that they have a few quid...

It's a shame its been so quiet on here the last 2 years or so but i fear that a quicker sale & the instant dopamine hit of a (like) drives a lot of people to the groups on there adding to the unfortunate demise on Rad.

Shame really & its seriously putting me off not only social media as a whole but also this hobby altogether ...

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 03:57 PM »
Facebook is full of keyboard warrior bullies  :(...and the sad thing is there not short of sheep who gladly jump on the bandwagon  :( :-\g
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

griff

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2020, 10:38 PM »
Carl is ACE but he keeps trying to bully me Joff, but it’s not working so far  :teef:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 11:20 AM by in2bmx »

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2020, 04:29 AM »
Facebook is full of keyboard warrior bullies  :(...and the sad thing is there not short of sheep who gladly jump on the bandwagon  :( :-\g

fooking hell, he's here !     has somebody lent Joff a laptop  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

You know he can't use rad on his phone :LolLolLolLol:
mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2020, 08:24 AM »
I fooked Facebook off months back.

Life is better without it  :daumenhoch:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2020, 10:51 AM »
Its a joke,

Also the interesting thing is looking at how some Radsters behave  when they're on Facebook & how they suck up to a few people.

Acting like complete W-A-N-K-E-R-S  (because they can) But wouldn't do it on here as they'd get a ban.

The attitude is shocking by a few ... I don't know who some people think they are really giving it the (biggun) & trying to be billy big bollox online because they clearly (& let it be known ) that they have a few quid...

It's a shame its been so quiet on here the last 2 years or so but i fear that a quicker sale & the instant dopamine hit of a (like) drives a lot of people to the groups on there adding to the unfortunate demise on Rad.

Shame really & its seriously putting me off not only social media as a whole but also this hobby altogether ...

Totally agree with the above from the bits I've seen on there pointed out to me on other peoples facebook as I don't have one  :daumenhoch:

example:-  people asking for a cheapish run of the mill part but posting up a super expensive os bike dripping in expensive parts and saying need it to fit this! what a tosser! like you said you'd be shot down on here simply because your being a Top shuffle munsterer!

In2bmx

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2020, 11:18 AM »
  fook ME .   Where you been hiding  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Keepad

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2020, 11:07 PM »
Yep, I know I am an noob but we all had to start off somewhere, but I have to say I’m starting to get f### off with some of the  elitist jerks on FB, I have found I have been asking honest genuine questions when it comes to buying but I’m getting snubbed, also with some people dib is over ruled my an popularity contest.

I’ve actually gave up today trying to buy an complete today from FB due to some one not  wanting to reply to questions, and yes I understand people have RL to deal with but the person is posting every day on FB.

Anyway rant over enjoy the scene, I will probably just give up.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 11:09 PM by Keepad »

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2020, 12:19 PM »

fooking hell, he's here !     has somebody lent Joff a laptop  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

You know he can't use rad on his phone :LolLolLolLol:

I tend to lurk these days Mr Fett , good to see you posting after your 6 year sabbatical  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2020, 12:21 PM »

Fookin Griff locked me in the bogs again !!  :yahoo_silent: :-\

griff

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2020, 12:22 PM »

Fookin Griff locked me in the bogs again !!  :yahoo_silent: :-\

whatcha talkin about Willis? :teef:

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2020, 06:08 PM »
I fooked Facebook off months back.

Life is better without it  :daumenhoch:

Agreed.  :daumenhoch:
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2020, 07:57 PM »
Never been a FB user, and this is why. /\/\

I posted on the other thread about this being a Ghost Town, and for some unfathomable reason it is?

Why Facebook? As I said so many times, RAD was the best old school BMX forum - with a decent hardcore of BMX fans and decent bit of banter. What is is now? It’s dead...

I got back into Football (pre-Covid shutdown) and was going Southend home and away, they have a great supporters forum, with people from all different walks of life. It’s an independent run site not on FB - a bit lit RAD of old

Can anyone explain why you would destroy a fantastic hobbyist forum and all go on FB?

If it ain’t broke, don’t break it!

« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 09:32 PM by brass monkey! »
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2020, 08:16 PM »

Can anyone explain why you would destroy a fantastic hobbyist forum and all go on FB?

Every fooker did a flit to fb when the site crashed in 2013... most never returned. ???
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2020, 08:52 PM »

Every fooker did a flit to fb when the site crashed in 2013... most never returned. ???

I agree, a lot didn’t return, but even some that did, proper RAD big hitters have also gone down the FB route.

It’s that Instagram type like accreditation that everyone wants, coupled with the direct photo upload method that social media offers.

E.g. Bike builder builds a semi decent, semi w4nk bike. He takes a couple of blurry pics of said bike in a poorly lit kitchen with his Mrs’ big Wednesday knickers are hanging on the radiator, he gets 50 likes in an hour.

Knowledgeable, experienced, time-served bike builder posts a fully detailed and comprehensive build thread on the forum featuring a bike that’s taken 5 years to build As he’s waited for the correct/rare parts for that build. He spends time setting the bike up in his garden making sure the light is right, has no shadows obscuring the bike, has his valve caps and cranks all in the right position. He’ll get maybe 10 comments appreciating his immense build.

But it’s the don’t need to leave your sofa, deliveroo generation that want the first option.

I know which I’d choose.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2020, 09:18 AM »
it’s the don’t need to leave your sofa, deliveroo generation that want the first option

Quote of the week Dan :daumenhoch:

I lasted 4 days on Facebook, drove me mad all that drivel and shite on there :uglystupid2:

I don't mind WhatsApp as I've got the notifications switched off so I only read messages when I want to. My brother keeps in touch every now and then and because of the time difference it makes sense (he's in Oz). I also keep in touch with the Usual Suspects on there, ie the lads I ride BMX skate parks with (when I can and am not injured!). They are fairly active on there and are hilarious, but that's about it.

I'm not much of a builder these days, maybe only every couple of years now but I still read the threads on here, comment if I can help and ALWAYS vote in bike of the month to show my appreciation for the effort put in, but you can put that Facebook where the sun don't shine thanks :coolsmiley:
Still limping......

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Facebook + for sale = abuse?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx