gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975538 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: Paulo2 May 01, 2024, 11:10 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Welcome!  |  Welcome  |  Old and sort of newb HOLA! needs tips
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Old and sort of newb HOLA! needs tips  (Read 896 times)

Offline Crackerjack

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
Old and sort of newb HOLA! needs tips
« on: March 11, 2015, 12:46 PM »
 :teef: Ok thought id throw it right out there, Hello im 36 years old form south coast and being told to grow up all the time, hmmm Nah never :slayer:

Anyways few things i wanna be able to experience before i bail out of this world, and the vert is one of em im pretty confident on the bike and going for vert ramps. but i feel like im going high but im only covering say 3 foot off the floor into a 180 never achieved a 180 before until 2 days ago when i bought a mongoose for a tenner before that hadnt riden for about 20 years so i sort of got it nailed today, still having the odd accident got some knuckles bashed in and legs pretty messed up but im not giving in yet. If anyone can give me some tips for older ppl learning would be appreciated, really interested in how clearing the coping works if i can get the balls up, one other question is the bike should i be looking for something a little lighter weight this mongoose feels like a tank!........anyway this site looks like the be all and end all of bmx in the uk well done and glad im helping the good fight against the scooter brigade!

Offline oldscool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Old and sort of newb HOLA! needs tips
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 01:10 PM »
 :welcome to  :radbmxsmilie: are you catching your back wheel on coping when coming down back into ramp?
If in doubt flat out.

Offline Crackerjack

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 01:20 PM »
Nah im just trying to visualise how im gonna get the wheels over the coping trying to theorise, is it a small pull back to get over it going up through the ramp not droping back in, thanks for responding im a begging on a vert ramp and wnat to achieve air thats my goal. didnt realise how hard it it is im sure the ramps in my local park and to slim for new bmx'rs, i mean first time i hit a ramp in a park was 2 days ago thats how new i am, did alot of pissing about in street as a kid on bmx, though

« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 01:22 PM by Crackerjack »

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 02:02 PM »
 :welcome to  :radbmxsmilie:  :daumenhoch:

Look in the events section as there are lock ins for older riders. Remember most of us are the other side of 40 here  :)

Offline nosepickben

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 02:13 PM »
Find your nearest indoor skatepark. Go get comfortable on mini/midi Ramps first. I won't happen overnight. Most parks have a quarter pipe in the 8 foot region, which won't be vert, have your crashes (you will crash) on something a little smaller that won't necessarily smash any bones to bits. Practice, padding, and work up slowly.  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Welcome!  |  Welcome  |  Old and sort of newb HOLA! needs tips

gfxgfx
gfx gfx