gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975538 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 04:54 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  vintage bmx stunts, Essex.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: vintage bmx stunts, Essex.  (Read 439 times)

Offline Rusty 73

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
vintage bmx stunts, Essex.
« on: April 29, 2015, 01:25 AM »
Making a visit to a local VW gathering this weekend  and noticed they've got a vintage bmx stunt display happening on Saturday if anyone's interested. Location is Orsett showground, Orsett Village, Grays, Essex. Near Lakeside shopping centre. Will be taking my 85 master over there and might try and join in  ;D
The wife says most blokes buy a flash car or a fast motorbike when they turn 40 ...........

Offline McQUEEN

• Look Back
  • I left it in the garden......
  • Rated:
Re: vintage bmx stunts, Essex.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 06:13 AM »
Making a visit to a local VW gathering this weekend  and noticed they've got a vintage bmx stunt display happening on Saturday if anyone's interested. Location is Orsett showground, Orsett Village, Grays, Essex. Near Lakeside shopping centre. Will be taking my 85 master over there and might try and join in  ;D
I live just up the round in Upminster - might 'drop in' as well if they have a quarter pipe!!

Do they have a show and shine?
When I was born, the world was a far simpler place.
It was all just cops and robbers.
And BMX.

Offline Rusty 73

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 08:20 AM »
Look it up, called TOMIE 'The only meet is essex'. Goes on all weekend but the main day is Saturday. Think they've got ramps being set up so should be Alf decent. Show 'n shine, bands and most importantly a bar. Only a fiver. If u see a bloke on a green master please say allo as fairly new to all this and could do with some local contacts, I'll buy ya beer !
The wife says most blokes buy a flash car or a fast motorbike when they turn 40 ...........

Offline McQUEEN

• Look Back
  • I left it in the garden......
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 01:53 PM »
I didn't make it to this, was it any good?

Not sure if it was a coincidence, but in the Saturday afternoon I saw a guy on a gt performer cruse through Upminster, which you never see, I thought I was the only old schooler in the village!!
When I was born, the world was a far simpler place.
It was all just cops and robbers.
And BMX.

Offline Rusty 73

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 03:04 PM »
The event was good, we'll run lots of people and lots of nice looking V'Dubs. As for the vintage bmx .... Vintage was there sponsor, a clothing company, not vintage as in old school. The riders aged between say 16 to 18 years on new school bikes. Two small quarter pipes with an up and over between them. Did a few good tricks, back flips, but was expecting a bit more to be honest. Nice to ave a ride out though, see some other bikes too, and sink a few beers.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  vintage bmx stunts, Essex.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx