gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975533 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 24, 2024, 11:19 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  KRIS BENNET FINALLY COMPLETE. (updated with a picture of the inspiration)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: KRIS BENNET FINALLY COMPLETE. (updated with a picture of the inspiration)  (Read 10435 times)

Offline newlovetattoos

• Curb Endo
  • IN IT FOR THE QUICHE.
  • Rated:
i promise this is the last time i post my bennett as im sure everyone is sick to the back teeth of seeing it but chatting with midschooljon recently reminded me that id taken a pic or two a couple of weekends ago.

so, i bought this frame new in '99 i think and its had a quite a journey up to now. i sold it and bought it back at one point when it was in its original black colour. around 2002ish?  there was no way i would have had it this bright back then but i had a serious black and chrome fetish at the time and when i started restoring it, i built it back up inspired by a version marvin loetterle rode at one point. hope you like and thanks for looking

UPDATE!! this is the bike that inspired the build being ridden by marvin on s&m video 4. amazing section! mine is a little different with tan wall tyres and more chrome but i always thought the yellow looked fresh.

heres me riding it in 2000 i think, when it was black! it looks totally different! also my old trails in that pic were fooking rad, we had a real blast down there many a time. good times man

« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 10:15 PM by newlovetattoos »
1" MENSTRUAL/ STUPID FORKS WANTED
PRINCE ALBERT SPARES WANTED
INSTAGRAM - DOUGFAWKESARTANDTATTOO
BMXMUSEUM - BURLISHDIGGER

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: KRIS BENNET FINALLY COMPLETE
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 08:57 PM »
looking dope . i ve a 2005 volume flatline . i think that was something to do with kris bennet.

Offline newlovetattoos

• Curb Endo
  • IN IT FOR THE QUICHE.
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 09:07 PM »
yeah that was his signature model after he left s&m wasnt it?. theyre pretty rare too as far as i remember as they were only made for a year or so i think. get some pics up dude!

Offline midschooljon

• Flip-Whip
    • Make Your Bones
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 09:29 PM »
Awesome! Its hard to beat a good tribute build.  :daumenhoch:
***Wanted - Cash waiting***
RAMP ROOM HOFFMAN FLASH
ELF Double Cross XL.
UGP plates and pad sets
Mid School Race Kit

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 12:01 AM »
yeah that was his signature model after he left s&m wasnt it?. theyre pretty rare too as far as i remember as they were only made for a year or so i think. get some pics up dude!

BRIAN stole him when he started volume?? i bet s&m were happy.   >:D . maybe so - maybe relationships went a bit sour.

i got it for £11.04 off poobay , managed to get it delivered from up north for practically nothing(by chance) but it looked like shit .

then-

now-

i sold all the crap bits - the bike has payed for itself 3 times over .

i have probably spent less than 40 quid outright . front wheel needs to go to the bike shop to use their massive cone spanner to nip up the hub. cranks are in the mail. need some stickers and a caliper. maybe a 30 t wheel instead of 28 for the chain to clear the brake . back wheel needs tru ' ing. will pimp the tyres in future . its not the boat anchor it looks . its reasonably light.  :daumenhoch:

I Emailed volume with some pics and Brian Castillo replied saying 'yes it is one of our volume flatline complete packages, thanks for your support.' :D. i managed to resist asking for freebies.  8)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 12:14 AM by bobbbbsy »

Offline newlovetattoos

• Curb Endo
  • IN IT FOR THE QUICHE.
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 12:10 AM »
i had a magazine with an ad for it some years ago, it'd be nice if i still had it as you could use it for reference for the decals. if i remember right, they were done in a relatively simple font style. yeah, you definitely scored well with that bike dude. have you asked if castillo can sort you out with some new graphics?

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 03:22 AM »
cheers man . Theres a custom sticker place on ebay that does a similar font. It just wont be in a box as it should be . I got a volume head sticker  already. Dying to ride it . Hopefully next week .    >:D

Offline newlovetattoos

• Curb Endo
  • IN IT FOR THE QUICHE.
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 09:10 AM »
Good plan! Post some more pics when its done completely dude

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 11:23 AM »

BRIAN stole him when he started volume?? i bet s&m were happy.   >:D . maybe so - maybe relationships went a bit sour.

i got it for £11.04 off poobay , managed to get it delivered from up north for practically nothing(by chance) but it looked like shit .

then-

now-

i have probably spent less than 40 quid outright . front wheel needs to go to the bike shop to use their massive cone spanner to nip up the hub. cranks are in the mail. need some stickers and a caliper. maybe a 30 t wheel instead of 28 for the chain to clear the brake . back wheel needs tru ' ing. will pimp the tyres in future . its not the boat anchor it looks . its reasonably light.  :daumenhoch:

I Emailed volume with some pics and Brian Castillo replied saying 'yes it is one of our volume flatline complete packages, thanks for your support.' :D. i managed to resist asking for freebies.  8)

Looked better before  ;D

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 11:34 AM »

then-

now-

Looked better before  ;D
          Another positive contribution. Appreciate that.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2015, 01:15 PM »
 ;D  kettle black and pot come to mind  ;)

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2015, 01:23 PM »
;D  kettle black and pot come to mind  ;)
   you mean you took what I said about public sector workers to heart and you wont let it go ? I did nt mean healthcare workers. You knew what I meant from the start. Carrying that over to mock one of my builds make s you seem pretty silly. Especially when the guy who wrote the thread is being so positive. I am not the only member who has noticed a change in your posting characteristics of late. This is a good example. Given that I have always got on with you well in person also only reinforces a seeming change.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 01:30 PM by bobbbbsy »

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2015, 01:31 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:  FFS it was a joke ya muppet

please tell, seeing as i've hardly been on here over the last month i'm pretty surprised at that but please go back over all my posts and pull out all the ones where i've been nasty to people or slag off their builds?

You're the first person on here to pull peoples bikes apart, this has fook all to do with your comments on public sector workers.......in all honesty i'd forgotten all about that

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2015, 01:45 PM »
:LolLolLolLol:  FFS it was a joke ya muppet

please tell, seeing as i've hardly been on here over the last month i'm pretty surprised at that but please go back over all my posts and pull out all the ones where i've been nasty to people or slag off their builds?

You're the first person on here to pull peoples bikes apart, this has fook all to do with your comments on public sector workers.......in all honesty i'd forgotten all about that
ok - well all things taken into account thats the way it came across.
i dont recall pulling peoples bikes apart . i try to be positive or say nothing at all.  occassionally braced laybacks or spazzy bar angles may get on my nerves is all. i have always been positive about your standard mongoose(even messaging you to ask for details to pass onto another mongoose guy ) and i liked the panda.  8)

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2015, 02:24 PM »
wow thats a cool looking bike - the yella suits perfectly :slayer:

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2015, 02:28 PM »
That looks cool as fook.  8)
Think a chrome seat post would finish it off nicely tho.  :daumenhoch:
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline newlovetattoos

• Curb Endo
  • IN IT FOR THE QUICHE.
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2015, 02:38 PM »
Theres a chrome primo rod on it now mate. I thought exactly the same thing as you the other day after looking at the photo.

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2015, 03:18 PM »
Theres a chrome primo rod on it now mate. I thought exactly the same thing as you the other day after looking at the photo.
:daumenhoch:
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline Ste

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2015, 07:09 AM »
That's a lovely looking bike,cracking x up aswell

rodriguez

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2015, 03:51 PM »
Noice   :coolsmiley:

Made by by the fact it's your OG bike  :daumenhoch:

Offline Gordy

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2015, 11:41 PM »

I probably would never have chosen yellow to be honest, but it looks sensational.
I know the yellow Dirtbike that Marvin rode and I can see how it inspired your build.
Anyway, props on the build. I love it.

Offline Gordy

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2015, 11:44 PM »
I recently finished building this one too. It's not exactly the same as how I had mine BITD but it's very close.

griff

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2015, 12:32 AM »
That looks bang on  :daumenhoch:

Offline newlovetattoos

• Curb Endo
  • IN IT FOR THE QUICHE.
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2015, 08:15 AM »
Cheers gordy! Your bennett is looking great man!

Offline newlovetattoos

• Curb Endo
  • IN IT FOR THE QUICHE.
  • Rated:
i found a picture of the bike that inspired the build

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  KRIS BENNET FINALLY COMPLETE. (updated with a picture of the inspiration)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx