gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975497 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 03:35 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  MK Show and Shine categories, entry details and guidelines.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MK Show and Shine categories, entry details and guidelines.  (Read 10036 times)

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
OK so here are the official Show and Shine categories, the entry criteria and guidelines for how we judge the bikes.

We will be holding registration for the show and shine on Saturday and Sunday so we can get all the bikes entered and that the admin and mods do not spend all Sunday working their asses off (as usual).

Radbmx® Milton Keynes Show and Shine Entry criteria and rules.

PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL SHOW AND SHINE CATEGORIES (EXCEPT OS STREET, NEWSCHOOL RETRO AND 'BUILT TO RIDE' CATEGORIES ARE JUDGED TO A CONCOURS STANDARD, THEREFORE REPRODUCTION AND COPY PARTS WILL COUNT AGAINST THE OVERALL VOTE OF A BIKE.

Vintage Race (pre 1980)  -  All Bikes from the 1970s.
Bikes will be judged on OE condition, era and part correctnes.  Reproduction and copy parts will cause the bike to be marked down when judging.

OS Race -  Race inspired bikes from 1980 until 1988.  High end race bikes in with high end parts.  Bikes will be judged on OE condition, era and part correctness.  Reproduction and copy parts will cause the bike to be marked down when judging.

OS Free Style -  Freestyle bikes from 1980 until 1988. 
Bikes will be judged on OE condition, era and part correctnes.  Reproduction and copy parts will cause the bike to be marked down when judging.

OS & MS Cruiser -  24 and 26 inch cruiser bikes. 
Bikes will be judged on OE condition, era and part correctness.  Reproduction and copy parts will cause the bike to be marked down when judging.

OS Street  - Street bikes.  These are considered to be low end, low cost bikes in the mould of low end Burner (not aero pro, pro Burner etc), Pirannah, BH, Malborough, Scorpion etc. Cheap parts and low quality parts welcomed and expected.  This is a category for the kind of bikes our parents bought us as our first BMX.  If you know your bike does not belong in this category then please do not try to bend the rules by making excuses that you used to ride it down the local park.
THIS IS NOT A CATEGORY FOR HIGH END BIKES WITH HIGH END PARTS THAT WERE RIDDEN ON THE STREET AT SOME STAGE.

OS Pit/Mini -  Pit/Mini bikes, any wheel size accepted (up to 20 x 1 3/8" skinny rims) as long as the bike is classed as a a pit or mini bike.
Bikes will be judged on OE condition, era and part correctness.  Reproduction and copy parts will cause the bike to be marked down when judging.

MS Free Style - Midschool freestyle bikes from 1989 (Some makes/models from 1987 considered) until 2003 (Some makes/models up to 2005 considered).   

MS Race - Midschool race bikes from 1989 (Some makes/models from 1987 considered) until 2003 (Some makes/models up to 2005 considered).   

NS Retro - New school retro bikes, V-Brakes, U-Brakes, Canti-Brakes etc, Newschool bikes, Quadangle Looptails, Haro re-release bikes, Skyway TA re-release, etc.  The new releases of old bikes AND new school bikes with an oldschool feel or look.

OS/MS/NS 'Built to ride' Open - Anything goes, it doesn't have to be era or part correct, if you ride it you can enter it and you can win with it.
Bikes will be judged for how much 'soul' they have.  New and unused parts such as minty grips, unworn tyres and unscuffed pedals will cause the bike to be marked down when judging.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 09:13 PM by ED209 »

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: MK15 Show and Shine categories, entry details and guidelines.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 10:26 PM »
  • All bikes that are to be entered have to be in the show and shine tents on the Sunday which will make it easier on the judges, so they do not have to walk all over the event looking for bikes.
  • Please bring your own bike stand, we do not supply them and any bike without one will be disqualified.  Please note that leaning a bike against the tent post or another bike does not count as having a stand.
  • Please bring your own bike stand, we do not supply them and any bike without one will be disqualified.  Please note that leaning a bike against the tent post or another bike does not count as having a stand.
  • Judging this year will be per category i.e. we have seperate judges for each category.  This way the job will only take 30 minutes instead of all afternoon.
  • We will have an judging over-lord (all hail the over-lord), who's decision is final in the event of a tie or problem with a bike.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 09:00 AM by stidds »

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 10:36 PM »
Brett had posted up ...

"Not to question the criteria... but A 20" mini freestyler with 20x1.75 wheels ...is that exceptable?"
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 10:41 PM »
Brett had posted up ...

"Not to question the criteria... but A 20" mini freestyler with 20x1.75 wheels ...is that exceptable?"

It is, I put up to 20 x 1 3/8 as they are bigger rims than 1.75, so anything up to this size is ok.

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 10:46 PM »
Thanks for the info chaps  :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 08:48 AM »
Top work Sean, it wasn't an easy task but you did an awesome job mate  :daumenhoch:

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2015, 11:14 AM »
Cheers for putting this up ... Lots of grey areas finally cleared up and people should know exactly want to do now... Top stuff!
Loving the new 'built to ride' category ... It makes it a more universal ( inclusive ) show  and hopefully will encourage everyone to take a punt and enter!

Top work everyone .. Love it !  :4_17_5:  8)
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline stockcar3

• Curb Endo
  • Old School Haro 1982- 1989
    • https://www.facebook.com/richardaustinrees
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2015, 08:44 PM »
im a bit mystified over the "Rider Category" . It states " Minty Grips, Non worn Tyres and non Scuffed pedals will be marked down" ??? most riders are ridden regularly but are kept in tip top condition !!! when you spend £1000-£2000 building one, even if ridden regularly, we are going to do our very best to make sure its not marked in way shape or form !
Am i the only one who thinks this ???
Not to keen on putting a bike on show with scuffed pedals, chips and dings ... or do we just deliberate change the pedals , and put a set of tyres on and skid the **** out of em lol
Just sayin ....

Based in Exeter, Devon and London's West End but now living and working in Essex
Loving Haro 82 - 89

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2015, 09:36 PM »
im a bit mystified over the "Rider Category" . It states " Minty Grips, Non worn Tyres and non Scuffed pedals will be marked down" ??? most riders are ridden regularly but are kept in tip top condition !!! when you spend £1000-£2000 building one, even if ridden regularly, we are going to do our very best to make sure its not marked in way shape or form !
Not to keen on putting a bike on show with scuffed pedals, chips and dings ... or do we just deliberate change the pedals , and put a set of tyres on and skid the **** out of em lol
Just sayin ....

Speak to Ed, that category is his baby  :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2015, 07:10 AM »
Just sayin ....

I would say that if your 'rider' is in minty tip top condition you'd be putting it in it's era correct category rather than the 'Rider' one?  ???

In2bmx

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2015, 07:30 AM »
Great work Sean  :4_17_5:

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2015, 06:30 AM »
Sadly it now looks as though I can only make it on the Sunday. Does that mean that I won't be able to enter a bike (as I'll miss the Saturday registration) or can I still register on Sunday morning? If so, what time is registration?

Also, I'm thinking of entering a complete survivor in the OS race category. Does it have to be rideable?

Thanks in advance. :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2015, 08:49 AM »
Registration is now Saturday AND Sunday.  Time of registration is usually from 9am and you must have a bike stand for the bike.

The bike does have to be rideable, so pump up those tyres and put a chain on it.

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2015, 08:56 AM »
Yes that ticks all the boxes. Some will still say "what about this, what about that etc" but you could end up with 100'seperate categories.

Remember it's all for fun and win something or walk away with nothing all the bikes entered are always top drawer  :4_17_5:
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2015, 02:36 PM »
Thanks for the confirmation guys. I'm looking forward to seeing all the bikes even if I don't end up entering myself. Only 3 weeks to go!!!
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Flitch

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2015, 10:16 PM »
Great show 'n' shine day at MK today, some amazing bikes there...

One thing though, as I'm new to MK, I couldn't see any categories or sections to put the bikes, a few people were asking where to display in their section.

How do the judges know what bikes been entered into what section, if they was scattered in different places, I undestand the S.E area today for obvious reasons.

Unless the judges just know what sections the bikes are listed under through experience?

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2015, 10:20 PM »

One thing though, as I'm new to MK, I couldn't see any categories or sections to put the bikes, a few people were asking where to display in their section.

How do the judges know what bikes been entered into what section, if they was scattered in different places, I undestand the S.E area today for obvious reasons.

Unless the judges just know what sections the bikes are listed under through experience?

The little label attached to each bike has a list of categories listed on it and the entrant ticks which one the bike belongs in  :daumenhoch:
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2015, 10:47 PM »

We were quite lucky as we were judging 80's freestyle, and they tend to stand out a mile, and obviously we know what we're looking for. We did check each attached card to all bikes in our category, some of the owners though had made it easier for us by ticking the open category or the street category.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2015, 10:52 PM »
Ed and I had to check every bike in all four marquees, as the open and ns retro could've littrally any bike in there

Offline Flitch

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2015, 10:55 PM »

The little label attached to each bike has a list of categories listed on it and the entrant ticks which one the bike belongs in  :daumenhoch:
Well I totally missed that on the labels, I'm just going to hide somewhere for a while :tumbleweed:

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2015, 09:02 AM »
Pickle, Bob Acid and I did the registration for the Show and Shine and we told every person who entered what to do..

1) Put an X in the category you want your bike (and we showed them the sections on the front).
2) If you have any features that you want to highlight to the judges then use the section at the bottom entitled 'Notes to Judges'
3) Put you name and username (if you have one), on the rear of the card so we know who you are and who to call out.
4) Put the bike in the Show and Shine tents, along with its own stand and put the card on the handlebars with the supplied elastic band.

I said the above hundreds of times over the weekend so if that wasn't followed it wasn't that we didn't tell people, it is they either didn't listen or chose to ignore.

Offline Flitch

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2015, 07:51 PM »
Pickle, Bob Acid and I did the registration for the Show and Shine and we told every person who entered what to do..

1) Put an X in the category you want your bike (and we showed them the sections on the front).
2) If you have any features that you want to highlight to the judges then use the section at the bottom entitled 'Notes to Judges'
3) Put you name and username (if you have one), on the rear of the card so we know who you are and who to call out.
4) Put the bike in the Show and Shine tents, along with its own stand and put the card on the handlebars with the supplied elastic band.

I said the above hundreds of times over the weekend so if that wasn't followed it wasn't that we didn't tell people, it is they either didn't listen or chose to ignore.
I totally get the above, tbh I did not my read the card properly, and I made a few Virgin mistakes this year being my first MK.

We learn by our mistakes, but still MK was fooking awesome 👍

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2015, 07:55 PM »
Sorry i didn't put my name/username on the back of my cards  :-[. I'll remember next year

griff

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2015, 01:37 PM »
is there a list of winners by category somewhere?

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  MK Show and Shine categories, entry details and guidelines.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx