gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975526 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 20, 2024, 08:20 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Would It Be Possible To Adjust The Rake On A Set Of Bars?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Would It Be Possible To Adjust The Rake On A Set Of Bars?  (Read 1025 times)

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
I bought these bars not so long ago, and the rake is far too much for me, but they are nice bars otherwise.

Obviously I wouldn't do it myself, but even if I get a professional metal worker to sort then out, as in heating them up to achieve the angle I want, will this affect the chrome plating?

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline midschooljon

• Flip-Whip
    • Make Your Bones
  • Rated:
Re: Would It Be Possible To Adjust The Rake On A Set Of Bars?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 08:54 PM »
Yes it can be done but you can only bend them so far before the chrome cracks. Those look really swept back so getting them anywhere near the normal 10' back sweep will be tough. It also weakens them so unless you really want those bars Id suggest selling them and just buying a set that suits you.
***Wanted - Cash waiting***
RAMP ROOM HOFFMAN FLASH
ELF Double Cross XL.
UGP plates and pad sets
Mid School Race Kit

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 08:55 PM »
I did a chrome set in a fly press mate, burner bars, made them almost flat. Tiny bit of damage covered by the lever

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 08:56 PM »
Yes it can be done but you can only bend them so far before the chrome cracks. Those look really swept back so getting them anywhere near the normal 10' back sweep will be tough. It also weakens them so unless you really want those bars Id suggest selling them and just buying a set that suits you.

Cheers Jon, great advice.  :daumenhoch:

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 06:27 AM »
we used to just lay them on the ground and jump on them bitd, usually worked quite well too.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Would It Be Possible To Adjust The Rake On A Set Of Bars?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx