gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975534 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 25, 2024, 12:16 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Ambrosio rims, any good, what the deal with them?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ambrosio rims, any good, what the deal with them?  (Read 9403 times)

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
Re: Ambrosio rims, any good, what the deal with them?
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2015, 06:00 PM »
Ambrosio rims were used by top rider like Mike Miranda , Greg Hill BITD ... Good stuff here !
You also have to remember, that a lot stuff was pushed to riders to use for promotions etc. They got good money for using certain types of products.
BANNED

rodriguez

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2015, 01:40 PM »
Ambrosio are not shit wheels and just because they were found on a few low end bikes means little as has to be taken in context of the time.

A lot of low end European bikes came with parts that where made by Weinmann, ITM, Selle etc who like Ambrosio were top European manufacturers.

Offline oldscool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2015, 02:02 PM »
I bought a torker off a kid 20 years ago and that had one on the back. I was doing 180 spin-outs on it for days and bent the rear stays before the rim. Ive still got the rear wheel and its straight so I would say they were stronger than a 7x.
If in doubt flat out.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2015, 07:42 AM »
Is this ebayer serious?  "nono" I think he's been looking on Rad and reading this thread  :idiot2: his ebay name suits the crap! he's been pushing on ebay for years!  :bellend:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blue-ambrosio-1980s-bmx-wheels-80s-bmx-old-school-bmx-raleigh-burner-era-/111802246953?hash=item1a07eee729:g:0NMAAOSw~bFWHmK2
The thing is, if these were for sale in the US at $170 on Ebay.com, they would have been snapped up a long time ago.

Just looking at the hubs laced to them says the type of market they were aimed at back then.

That's like saying Araya were shit because Raleigh put them on Burners FFS.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Ambrosio rims, any good, what the deal with them?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx