gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975526 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 20, 2024, 05:52 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  Your Week Leading Up To MK.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Your Week Leading Up To MK.  (Read 25561 times)

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Your Week Leading Up To MK.
« on: August 16, 2015, 10:35 AM »
I have to admit, in the last 4 years that I've attended MK, I've never seen excitement from the RADsters like it.

Next weekend looks like it will go down as one of the best, for sure, and the post event threads and pics will tell the story. But where does your weekend start?

For me, my shift pattern this week is Mon, Tues days, Thurs, Fri nights, so obviously, the nights have been booked off. I'll get the 2 12 hours days out if the way, then I'll start prepping.

Wednesday will be spent prepping the bike, it's between a choice of 2. This will involve a quick clean, tighten everything up, put air in the tyres, then double check everything on it with a blast round the block.

Thursday will be shopping for essentials, booze, Imodium, Nurofen etc, and The Handbrake will be treated to lunch out. Thursday evening will be spent getting my wash bag ready, sorting clothes out, charging iPod and phone, and loading tools and pump/tubes into the rucksack.

Friday morning will be a mad dash as the adrenalin will be kicking in. I'll whack some cans of dark fruits in the freezer for a few hours, so that they stay chilled for the train journey, then I'll pack the rest of the rucksack, which will undoubtedly include a pack of sarnies made by er in drawers.

The ride to the train station from ours is 10 mins, then it's a connection to Chester, then pick up the MK Express @ 12.35. I'll arrive at MK at 14.00, meet Cheeta at the Stn, then it's a 4 mile ride to the Hotel, bags and bike dumped, then meet you lot at the bar.  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 07:34 PM by Retrodan72 »

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
Re: Your Week Leading Up To MK.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 11:34 AM »
Working Monday to Thursday.
Thursday evening strip bikes down and load into car, pack tent, beer, parts to sell. Tools. Sit down about 10pm
Friday
Load junior into car while he's still in a sleep coma, collect Jo, head to MK, realise we've forgotten essentials like clothes toothbrushes and deodorant, think fook it, I'll wash in beer

In2bmx

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 12:02 PM »
Monday - Thursday . Mainly panicking. 

While sortin 24 bikes , making up 30 banners , 50 mugs , 150 decals , 50 car stickers , 1 light box ,
1 bunny hop thingy ..

Load the van Thursday with all the above , and the Ruffometer for Sunday . Pick some Fosters up .  :)

Pick grumpy GaZ Rollin up Friday lunch . Then go and enjoy myself.

Can't wait .   8)

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 12:09 PM »
Great thread Dan. I'm working long days on Tuesday and Wednesday, so those days are written off prep wise. Ant has been kindly looking after my VDC whilst i've been between houses. Picked it up on Thursday and made some slight changes (era correct freewheel and correct pads), so it's sorted now. Cleaning and polishing 4 bikes today, and will make a start on my latest build tomorrow. Might have to finish it on Thursday if needed. Getting everything else together today, tomorrow and Thursday. Taking it easy on Friday morning, then it's off to pick up the van, load my stuff, then pick up Ant and Paul. We'll probably get to the hotel (premier inn at the lake) about 9pm. Up early on Saturday, a trip to the golden arches, and then to meet you lot at the helipad site (R.I.P)

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 12:25 PM »
Great thread Dan. I'm working long days on Tuesday and Wednesday, so those days are written off prep wise. Ant has been kindly looking after my VDC whilst i've been between houses. Picked it up on Thursday and made some slight changes (era correct freewheel and correct pads), so it's sorted now. Cleaning and polishing 4 bikes today, and will make a start on my latest build tomorrow. Might have to finish it on Thursday if needed. Getting everything else together today, tomorrow and Thursday. Taking it easy on Friday morning, then it's off to pick up the van, load my stuff, then pick up Ant and Paul. We'll probably get to the hotel (premier inn at the lake) about 9pm. Up early on Saturday, a trip to the golden arches, and then to meet you lot at the helipad site (R.I.P)

If all goes to plan, a load of us will have ridden over from the Holiday Inn to the Prem, so we'll be there on your arrival.

Looking forward to seeing yours and Ant's display lined out, it was one of the highlights of MK14 for me.

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 01:10 PM »
I'm up to Northumbria for the week. Hopefully with a Thursday finish. Track night in Grimsby then spend Friday deciding on what to bring and fettle the winners. Await Mrs S G finishing work then convoy down in the evening. No van this year so it'll be one or two choice picks to bring along.
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2015, 04:31 PM »
I have mainly been preparing by drinking heavily , oh and maybe if I remember put a new rear tyre on the  zima . Job done.

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2015, 05:01 PM »
As with the other admin and mods, I have one less day to get ready for MK, so working until lunch time on Thursday and then it will be a case of getting the bikes down from the loft, making sure the pedals, chains etc are all present and correct, pump tyres up etc etc etc.

Friday morning off to the van rental place early and then leave around mid morning to arrive at the track mid afternoon.

Going to be really busy, but really looking forward to it.

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2015, 05:29 PM »
On my hols till Thursday night
Friday morn pack up the silver fox roadshow , add a bike and get my arse to Mk to set it up for you lovely people

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2015, 05:46 PM »
I'll just chill my way through the week with no stress because I'm cool.  :teef:
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2015, 06:14 PM »
2 scabby old bikes all sorted and a few old battered frames for people to look and laugh at all sorted. Knock off work Friday around 7pm then a slow trip down. Only bringing a couple of bikes so no real pressure here  8)
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2015, 06:38 PM »
Work like a dog all week as normal, get the kids to bed Friday night then chuck me bike in the car. No need to worry if it works as I ride it every weekend but must remember to bring a couple of spare inner tubes.....

Wake up Saturday morning like a 10 year old on Christmas Day and sneak out the house as early as I dare without the missus doing her nut. MK by about 10 am and the rest I never plan, it just happens :2funny:

Gonna try and remember to phone my brother in Australia at midnight but I'm usually a drooling cabbage by then or up till dawn...... who knows what will happen this year >:D

Sunday I will be mainly hung over and more useless than usual. Probably be sat in Steve Animal's gazebo drinking coffee till I can walk and talk. Can't wait  :buck2:
Still limping......

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2015, 07:01 PM »
Work like a dog all week as normal, get the kids to bed Friday night then chuck me bike in the car. No need to worry if it works as I ride it every weekend but must remember to bring a couple of spare inner tubes.....

Wake up Saturday morning like a 10 year old on Christmas Day and sneak out the house as early as I dare without the missus doing her nut. MK by about 10 am and the rest I never plan, it just happens :2funny:

Gonna try and remember to phone my brother in Australia at midnight but I'm usually a drooling cabbage by then or up till dawn...... who knows what will happen this year >:D

Sunday I will be mainly hung over and more useless than usual. Probably be sat in Steve Animal's gazebo drinking coffee till I can walk and talk. Can't wait  :buck2:

It is strange Spen that you say you never plan  it just happens, but it happens the same way every MK, you WILL be a drooling cabbage and then Sunday you WILL be hung over in Steve's gazebo drinking coffee until you can walk and talk.

It must be a plan mate as it runs like clockwork every year  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2015, 07:10 PM »
Spen, on Sat you'll be a drooling cabbage, for the other 364 days of the year, you don't drool.  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline RAD4BMX

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2015, 07:14 PM »
Love this. You always think everyones got there s**t together and you're running round like an  :idiot2:

Booked Friday off. Spent yesterday doing jobs to have today free to check bikes, which went well so I went down the pub to get some practice in! Legs and beer. Training program of MK'ers.  :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2015, 07:16 PM »
Only bringing a couple of riders so it'll be a week of whatever the NHS throws at me then finish Thursday afternoon, get home and load up the car not forgetting the raffle tickets and lacky bands for the show cards, then maybe a curry and an early start Friday to meet up with marc from club MK and get Twobobrob access to the site early so the ramps can be built.  Cant wait!

Have a few drinks Friday night and be ready to open the gates up nice and early for the campers on Saturday.

:daumenhoch:

griff

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2015, 07:30 PM »
Just need to get some envelopes ready for everyone that's ordered patches etc so hopefully not such a headache for Joffy on Saturday, only taking one bike so will be heading over to MK as soon as I can.
Hopefully having a busy week at work will mean I'm not too easily distracted, but hard not to get excited about my favourite weekend of the year, can't wait  :D

Offline Munnyella

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2015, 07:52 PM »
I shall be spending the week solely eating immodium, purely so I am so empty, I won't need a shit from early saturday untill early Monday.

Yo cannot blame the state of the bogs on me!!

Also, i'm skiving Friday, mucking out the van (ahem, transit camper...) loading all the sell ables ready for a 7 am start Satdee!!!

excited x 19!!!

MM
Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2015, 08:02 PM »
"The trunk of the car looked like a mobile police narcotics lab. We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers . . . and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls . . . Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. And I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon."

extract from Dannywhac's 'Diary of MK14'  :daumenhoch:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2015, 08:36 PM »
I shall be spending the week solely eating immodium, purely so I am so empty, I won't need a shit from early saturday untill early Monday.

MM

Ah, but I am in charge of ordering the toilets this year, we have a ladies & disabled loo, mens only and also the loos will be cleaned/emptied on Saturday, so it should be a lot better.

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2015, 08:47 PM »

MM

by 10am Sunday they will all be disabled

Ah, but I am in charge of ordering the toilets this year, we have a ladies & disabled loo, mens only and also the loos will be cleaned/emptied on Saturday, so it should be a lot better.
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2015, 09:01 PM »
"The trunk of the car looked like a mobile police narcotics lab. We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers . . . and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls . . .

A bit of fear and loathing I believe Ed.... quality :coolsmiley:

And as for Dan and Sean...... yeah you both clearly know me too well ya buggers  :2funny:
Still limping......

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2015, 09:12 PM »
Turns out the heavy rain that created that massive sink hole on the mancunian way also blew the electrics in my workshop and started a fire  >:(
All is well but the electrics are off til Wednesday at least so my 2 day pre MK fettling I had planned are right out the window  :(
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2015, 09:50 PM »
I'm ahead of schedule!!! I've sorted out all the parts I have for sale and found two sets of tyres I didn't realise I had. All boxed ready for eager purchasers

Offline insectbones

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2015, 10:04 PM »
Thursday and Friday booked off.

Shopping for beer and stuff on Thursday morning, last minute checks on the bikes in the afternoon.

Two bikes still need building, so thats the evenings this week sorted.

Leave Friday morning somewhen, slow drive up and get there early afternoon, check in at the hotel and start drinking.......

Split from the bird last week, so one of you is getting bummed  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  Your Week Leading Up To MK.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx