gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975499 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 06:01 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  Your Week Following MK?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Your Week Following MK?  (Read 10722 times)

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Your Week Following MK?
« on: August 26, 2015, 08:17 PM »
So, how's it been so far?  ???

No doubt, the post MK blues have set in.  :'(  :'(  :'(

I was off work on Monday, which was lucky as I couldn't sleep on Sunday night due to being constantly glued to my phone, reading posts and viewing pics from the best weekend.

So what time did you get home? How was your journey? Who had to work night shift on Sunday etc etc?  ???

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline torkerdude180

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Your Week Following MK?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 08:47 PM »
We only got home monday eve dan, spent all day shapping round the keynes centre, huge place. And we had the cpmpany of richie and kat G. Also insectabones for breky monday morn.... 😉👍
THE TIGER

Offline cheeta

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 08:59 PM »
Left track just after 2pm in the rain for the 4.4 mile ride to train station and it pissed it down all the way and stopped when I got to the station  :tickedoff:

Got on trian and got chatting a Scottish bird that was sat in my first class, let her sit there and I sat across from her and had a good chat   :coolsmiley:

Sunday I was just knackered once got home,  was in bed for midnight. Was off Monday and made a trip down to Joffys for brew and chat and to pick up my tent. Was proper depressed on Tuesday going back work, was on real downer.

I went this way home Dan, was a good route as it was all cycle paths and you cant get lost just head straight.

route
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 09:02 PM by cheeta »

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 09:12 PM »
No blues here's built the Gold Quad up and got my hands on a nice Floval Flyer so all good this week  :4_17_5:
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 10:01 PM »

Split bike down this Friday into hawks nest ready for Cali bmx road trip in a few weeks, got invited out to lunch today by haro which was a nice surprise

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 11:28 PM »
Fooked off home reeeeeealy early Sunday morning as I was feeling like crap and had been all night, hence why I crashed out early at the Dog & Duck. Got home feeling worse and by Monday I was totally fooked. Trip to the doc tells me I have an ear nose & throat infection and should stay home resting, not drive or do anything requiring balance.... like maybe riding bmx bikes on ramps :2funny:

Seeing as the wife and kids are still off for summer I manned up and fooked off to work. Like hell can I rest at home with those three there :2funny:
Still limping......

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 07:38 AM »
Got home about 6 ish to a full roast dinner  :smitten:  was so tired i nearly fell asleep in said dinner  :crazy2: smashed my toes into the coffee table on my way to bed  :tickedoff:

Had Monday off and started to tinker with the bikes and watch the constant updates of how good MK was  :daumenhoch:

Had the annual thoughts of stepping down but haven't sent the resignation letter yet  ;D

Still really really tired though!  :(

In2bmx

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 08:33 AM »
Left the track at 4pm . arrived home at 6.30 . Nice hot bath followed by a nice hot curry .

Monday all the bikes were put back in2 storage , for another year  :( .

Tuesday , Wednesday and Thursday . Dragging myself through the week , looking forward to relaxing this bank holiday weekend .  :daumenhoch:

MK blues have turned in2 excitement with 2 new builds starting soon .  ^"^ 8) :slayer: . It's been too long since the last one  :-[
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 09:55 AM by in2bmx »

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2015, 09:37 AM »
After packing up I think we were the last non radmin/mods left on the site... To be fair to poor Paul I think Andy and I didn't want to leave after such an amazing weekend... I got back about 8.30 God knows what time Andy finished unpacking...

Still on a massive high .... Off work so it's been a week of going on Rad, getting a pass out for the Southport ride( I'm pushing my luck here as I'm having a lads camping trip the following weekend as well! ) planning and trying to get parts in order to finish my girlfriends build in time for Blackpool .... Reading old BMX magazines... Drooling over my new Aero Pro and researching burner stuff .... Doing some resto work on the seat rails... Planning what to do to make it even better... Drooling over all the shiny gold bits I got at MK for my Quad!

Smoking, mostly consuming tea and toast and scanning   ... eBay !
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 09:39 AM by factory pilot »
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2015, 10:28 AM »
Got home Sunday, had to take the hire van back so everything out and as we had a really important meeting on Monday at 10am all the bikes had to be stripped and back into the loft, so crazy busy until about midnight.

Since then all I have been doing is thinking about selling about 50% of my bikes as I have too many.  So looking at which bikes I would want to keep and which can go to a new home.

As with Rob thought about handing my yearly resignation letter in, but to be honest I thoroughly enjoyed MK this year so that thought didn't last long.

Other than that we have been having discussions about making MK16 even better than this one, i.e. moving things around to make the event bigger, better and more inclusive for everyone that attends.  I personally (and I know the other admin/mods feel this way) do not like the 3 field set up that MK track gives us, it is divisive and that is not right, so we are thinking about how to work around this.

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2015, 10:42 AM »
Mrs S G left an hour before me and I got home 90 minutes before her. We only have the M1 and A46 to negotiate. Yes, she turned south on the M1 despite her satnav!

Monday: Interview prep and child-minding.
Tuesday: Interview and child-minding.
Wednesday: Drop kids off at Grandma's and drove up to Northumbria.
Thursday: Fly an assessment trip at Boulmer drive back to Cleethorpes.
Friday: Work from home writing reports and child-minding.

Boring really.
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline hotdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2015, 03:27 PM »
Left MK just before the rain hit,got back late afternoon and unpacked. This week just been getting the loopy floval ready for a trip out to California and a tour of the Skyway factory the following week. Can't wait!

griff

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2015, 03:32 PM »
Fcuking hell
Is it still this week? Dunno about you but it's dragging for me
At least we have a slightly longer weekend  :daumenhoch:

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2015, 04:39 PM »
Left MK just before the rain hit,got back late afternoon and unpacked. This week just been getting the loopy floval ready for a trip out to California and a tour of the Skyway factory the following week. Can't wait!

Lucky sod Tim , wish i was back in Cali  :smitten:
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2015, 08:03 PM »
After packing up I think we were the last non radmin/mods left on the site... To be fair to poor Paul I think Andy and I didn't want to leave after such an amazing weekend... I got back about 8.30 God knows what time Andy finished unpacking...

I think I finished about 11pm. Then up early to get the hire van back for 8am. Spent a few hours on Monday cleaning my bikes and tidying up the garage/getting rid of the mountains of cardboard we took with us to protect the bikes. Speaking of cardboard... rememeber we went to the skip to get some more pieces of cardboard to protect your bike from Pauls pegs? It turns out it was this one. I only realised the day after MK  :LolLolLolLol:
Mike 4 Mod!

Everything tidied and sorted for another year..

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2015, 09:08 PM »
Having done the van thing with 20 bikes I feel your pain.  "help"

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2015, 09:13 PM »
Got home Sunday and instantly turned into a vegetable.
Slept most of Monday, caught up with the marquee drunk of Saturday night to take the piss a bit.
Then set off for Blackpool Tuesday to see the inlaws, got back today.
Gotta pick the dogs up from various sitters tomorrow.
Then Saturday night we've got a huge ministry of sound event to go to.
Sunday Monday recover

Offline chubby

• BMX Nerd
  • Needs Pegs
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2015, 11:28 PM »
Got back in 11 pm sunday, up at 6 Monday took the van back & decided I'm traveling light next year......
Still unpacking shite now  "nono"
WANTED : 1" freestyle forks, uglier the better

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2015, 12:12 AM »
To top my post MK week off I've bee told "her" friend from OZ is over for a month and stopping with us for a week, if she wasn't fit as fook with huge bangers I'd be proper pissed off about it.  Will be doing my best to sneak a pic  :4_17_5:
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2015, 08:17 AM »
Got back in 11 pm sunday, up at 6 Monday took the van back & decided I'm traveling light next year......
Still unpacking shite now  "nono"

Same here, next year the only bikes that are coming to MK with me are mine and Jo's riders.  I haven't the energy to take 10+ bikes again.

Offline benno

• Team Moderator
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2015, 08:41 AM »

I think I finished about 11pm. Then up early to get the hire van back for 8am. Spent a few hours on Monday cleaning my bikes and tidying up the garage/getting rid of the mountains of cardboard we took with us to protect the bikes. Speaking of cardboard... rememeber we went to the skip to get some more pieces of cardboard to protect your bike from Pauls pegs? It turns out it was this one. I only realised the day after MK  :LolLolLolLol:
Mike 4 Mod!

Yeah I'd like to thank Mr Wilson for his affectionate comment  :2funny: :2funny: :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 04:34 PM by stidds »
It comes out of the ground!

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2015, 08:52 AM »
To top my post MK week off I've bee told "her" friend from OZ is over for a month and stopping with us for a week, if she wasn't fit as fook with huge bangers I'd be proper pissed off about it.  Will be doing my best to sneak a pic  :4_17_5:

Come on Ash.  :popcorn:

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2015, 09:06 AM »
Mrs S G left an hour before me and I got home 90 minutes before her. We only have the M1 and A46 to negotiate. Yes, she turned south on the M1 despite her satnav!

Monday: Interview prep and child-minding.
Tuesday: Interview and child-minding.
Wednesday: Drop kids off at Grandma's and drove up to Northumbria.
Thursday: Fly an assessment trip at Boulmer drive back to Cleethorpes.
Friday: Work from home writing reports and child-minding.

Boring really.

I got Thursday wrong. The drive back included getting stuck in a jam on the A19 at Middlesbrough because a chuffing combine harvester had broken down on the big bridge there. Then a trip to A&E with Mrs S G's little lad after he landed on his head trying a forward somersault in the garden! 3am the poor little fooker got home!

So Friday became give kids to their Dad , go to Littlest Pub on the Planet followed by a chinky. Lovely.

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2015, 04:35 PM »

Mike 4 Mod!

Yeah I'd like to thank Mr Wilson for his affectionate comment  :2funny: :2funny: :daumenhoch:

That was my affectionate comment Mike  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2015, 04:59 PM »
I didn't know anything about it till I read it on here  :-\

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  Your Week Following MK?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx