gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 26, 2024, 10:46 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Cupid Stunt Bike of the Month/Year  |  Cupid Stunt Bike of the Month/Bike of the Year  |  Past Entries  |  2015  |  October BOTM Entry Thread
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: October BOTM Entry Thread  (Read 20584 times)

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
October BOTM Entry Thread
« on: October 11, 2015, 11:53 AM »
Ok fellas ... let's see your BOTM builds please :-)

* RADBMX BOTM Rules *

- Please post a full build spec for your entry.
- You may post a maximum of 4 pictures of your bike.
- You MUST still own the bike you enter.
- Your entry MUST be a new build and have not been entered before, or, it must be a major rebuild with significant changes.
- The build MUST be completed within the month of entry
- Any entrant found 'canvassing' for votes or other forums/social media sites will be removed from entry.

PLEASE remember this is for fun! there's no prizes ... no cash ... just the kudos of winning.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 03:46 PM by ED209 »

leehunt1

Re: October BOTM Entry Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 01:59 PM »
1986 USA Trickstar

Finished by Superbike Dan in White powder coat

New Skyway Graphite wheels

Custom re anodised Brake Callipers, seat clamp, stem and Levers

Shimano DX pedals restored by myself

Full Profile crank set up

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 02:39 PM »
CHAS SMITH PRO
FULL SPEC HERE----http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,184490.0.html

British race frames and race clothing wanted

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 03:59 PM »
wish you'd put some effort in for once Phil  ::) another bodge job  :buck2:

:angel:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 04:55 PM »
wish you'd put some effort in for once Phil  ::) another bodge job  :buck2:

:angel:

:2funny: 

Superb as usual  :4_17_5:

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 08:50 PM »
Thread may as well be closed, if phils chas doesn't win I'll eat my iPad

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 08:58 PM »

there is no Chas Smith

Arthur is so bored he is just making up names and building bikes ... next month Geoff Combes Pro

Dylan Thomas

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2015, 09:00 PM »

there is no Chas Smith

Arthur is so bored he is just making up names and building bikes ... next month Geoff Combes Pro
as long as it's not a slush puppy racer it's all good with me

Offline benno

• Team Moderator
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2015, 10:16 PM »

^^^^ this ^^^^  :daumenhoch:
It comes out of the ground!

Offline Noodneek

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2015, 01:49 PM »
76' Mongoose Motomag

Frame: 1976 Mongoose Motomag 'Regular' (pre May 76)
Forks: 1976 Ashtabula
Bars: Hi Rise Style - Braced
Stem: 1976 Ashtabula
Grips: Hunt Wilde Black
Crank: 1976 Ashtabula
Chain Ring: Three Arrows 44T
Pedals: Rat Trap - made in Japan
Chain: Wilko £3 Special  :D
Wheels: Mongoose Motomag II
Tyres: 'Motocross'
Valve Caps: Mongoose 'Maurice'
Seat: Messinger
Seat Clamp/BB: Unknown
Kick Stand: Raleigh Burner pink annodised :laugh:

« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 03:30 PM by Noodneek »

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2015, 01:55 PM »
back on track, and with a beauty too.  :coolsmiley:

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline Noodneek

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2015, 01:59 PM »
well I fitted the chain ring on it about an hour ago as it came in the post today :) , and considering I only got it last Friday from the Parcelforce depot. Its a completely fresh build  :LolLolLolLol:

In2bmx

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2015, 02:37 PM »
well I fitted the chain ring on it about an hour ago as it came in the post today :) , and considering I only got it last Friday from the Parcelforce depot. Its a completely fresh build  :LolLolLolLol:
You sure  :2funny:

Very nice bike  :4_17_5:

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2015, 02:52 PM »
You sure  :2funny:

Very nice bike  :4_17_5:

I want to see build pictures, bit by bit, whilst holding up a copy of that day's Sun front page!
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline Jaypeg

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2015, 08:00 PM »
Great line up lads...I need to get building again.

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2015, 10:40 AM »
Okay so here's the wildcard entry for this month... Wasn't going to enter but hoping to bring some much needed positivity to this months competition!

If you've seen the thread then you'll know this was built for my girlfriend Jo. It was completed on the day before the Blackpool Ride where it was given its maiden voyage. The pedals, seat-clamp, chainring and stem were all painted ( by Joff ... God bless him! ) in paint that was the exact match of the skyways.
All custom decals were made by the legend that is Del.

84 Aero Reflex Custom
f and f ( NOS before the build ) with custom decals
Dia compe 901 brake set with Tech IVs and OG skyway freestyle brake pads
Pink sharp lever grips
85 haro master bars
Takagi OPC and spider
Sugino chainring
Victor DX
Kenda 55 skinwalls
Kashimax RS
A'me Unitrons
Haro ( Landar ) plate

This bike looked amazing in the gleaming sun in Blackpool.

Cheers fellas and enjoy!!!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 10:52 AM by factory pilot »
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2015, 11:23 AM »
Was that the Blackpool ride this year?  :police:

;)

Sorry ... lol ... nice Reflex that  :4_17_5:
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 11:36 AM by ED209 »

Dylan Thomas

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2015, 09:51 PM »
OK enough now guys, you have all made your point.

On with the BOTM competition as that is what we are supposed to be here for.

Offline midschooljon

• Flip-Whip
    • Make Your Bones
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2015, 10:24 PM »
I have 2 questions (genuinely want to know if someone could be so kind as to give an answer).

1) When did this rule about the bike being built the previous month come into being?

2) What is the point of limiting it to something built in just the previous month?

I can appreciate entering a bike repeatedly is pointless, but cant see a valid reason as to why a bike built 6 months ago (that you only just got round to taking pics of) cant be entered.
***Wanted - Cash waiting***
RAMP ROOM HOFFMAN FLASH
ELF Double Cross XL.
UGP plates and pad sets
Mid School Race Kit

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2015, 11:03 PM »
I have 2 questions (genuinely want to know if someone could be so kind as to give an answer).

1) When did this rule about the bike being built the previous month come into being?

2) What is the point of limiting it to something built in just the previous month?

I can appreciate entering a bike repeatedly is pointless, but cant see a valid reason as to why a bike built 6 months ago (that you only just got round to taking pics of) cant be entered.

It came in about a year ago, reason behind it is simply as you said, people were entering bikes in BOTM that had already been entered before, however they were changing the bars or pedals etc and then calling them a whole new build.  Hence also the statement that it should be either a new build or major rebuild (not just bars or seat etc).

Therefore the decision was made that a bike should be entered in the month it was built that way everybody knows where they stand.  There is some leaway on that as a bike that was finished in the last 5 or 6 days of the month clearly will not get as much exposure in BOTM as a bike that was entered at the beginning, so in that case the bike can be entered in next months BOTM instead.

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2015, 07:12 AM »
I firmly believe that if this stands it should be a 'guideline' rather than a 'rule' and to be honest is better served by the statement that it should be 'either a new build or major rebuild (not just bars or seat etc)'.

It really doesn't work for some of the best bike builders on here, like Jon or Phil, who may take a year ... or two! to build a bike ... may have a build thread going and post up regular updates ... may put on other parts to show the build in progress whilst waiting for the parts they want to surface ... and then, only then, do they say its finished. Jon, for example, may have a bike sat for months 'nearly done' before he finds the right stem bolt or grips before he can truly say its finished ... and then he'd enter it in BOTM.

Thats a work of art to me ... and should be encouraged ... and it certainly shouldn't be the case that people who build in this way find themselves being 'outed' by someone waving aroud a so-called rule book.

Woke up on one me  ;D

Dylan Thomas

Offline midschooljon

• Flip-Whip
    • Make Your Bones
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2015, 11:05 PM »

It came in about a year ago, reason behind it is simply as you said, people were entering bikes in BOTM that had already been entered before, however they were changing the bars or pedals etc and then calling them a whole new build.  Hence also the statement that it should be either a new build or major rebuild (not just bars or seat etc).

Therefore the decision was made that a bike should be entered in the month it was built that way everybody knows where they stand.  There is some leaway on that as a bike that was finished in the last 5 or 6 days of the month clearly will not get as much exposure in BOTM as a bike that was entered at the beginning, so in that case the bike can be entered in next months BOTM instead.

It all seems a bit over bearing to be honest. Personally this rule completely eliminates me from future BOTM simply because once I build a bike it normally takes me months to get off my arse and take pics. Not a big deal though, but I did enjoy entering for a bit of fun, and to try get the mid school representation up.

That aside it all seems a bit suffocating to me, forcing people to rush an entry within weeks of building a bike. If there are people repeatedly entering (i personally cant think of one instance), is it really so rampant that we need a rule that eliminates a lot of other people at the same time? Its not like we are competing for money here, we are all just a bunch of grown men tinkering on kids bikes.  :LolLolLolLol:

Anyhow, some cracking builds entered this month. Looking forward to getting my vote in.  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 11:07 PM by midschooljon »
***Wanted - Cash waiting***
RAMP ROOM HOFFMAN FLASH
ELF Double Cross XL.
UGP plates and pad sets
Mid School Race Kit

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2015, 11:43 PM »

It all seems a bit over bearing to be honest. Personally this rule completely eliminates me from future BOTM simply because once I build a bike it normally takes me months to get off my arse and take pics. Not a big deal though, but I did enjoy entering for a bit of fun, and to try get the mid school representation up.

That aside it all seems a bit suffocating to me, forcing people to rush an entry within weeks of building a bike. If there are people repeatedly entering (i personally cant think of one instance), is it really so rampant that we need a rule that eliminates a lot of other people at the same time? Its not like we are competing for money here, we are all just a bunch of grown men tinkering on kids bikes.  :LolLolLolLol:

Anyhow, some cracking builds entered this month. Looking forward to getting my vote in.  :daumenhoch:

You are more than welcome to your opinion, thanks for sharing it.

As a site sometimes we have to do things to keep it running smooth and this is one of those occasions.  It is very easy to sit at your PC and complain about stuff, but some of us have to keep things running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. 

If we didn't have a problem with grown men tinckering with kids bikes we wouldn't need rules to keep them from cheating in BOTM etc, however we do have those problems so like it or not this is where we are at.

Feel free to enter your bike in the month it is built (or close to it) or don't bother as is is SO suffocating, either way it is your choice and we do not force you to do anything at all.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 09:04 AM by stidds »

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2015, 12:01 AM »
You enter your bike, when your bike is ready to enter, or when you think it's ready to enter it, it's that simple.

I finished my Hutch in March, didn't enter it, as I knew I was changing bits (cranks/pedals/seat), these were changed in May, but I was waiting for one part (Haro 1B from Alan's). I didn't want to enter the bike without this, so I waited.

The plate came in Sept, I entered in Sept.

I wasn't suffocated into getting my bike done whatsoever.

I only ever enter to make up the numbers anyway.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

griff

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2015, 01:07 AM »

Just a thought Jon.. If you haven't been able to get pics done for a while after finishing your bikes, then by default no one is very likely to know it's all done anyway. Would be a different story if you put pics up all over the internets but then didn't bother to enter.

Appreciate your points but like Sean said there are sadly people who take this seriously enough to cheat  :pilky: I've seen rules get tweaked slightly here and there and it's always for a reason rather than some random decision

Hope this doesn't stop you putting your builds up, I know Fook all about mid but always appreciate your bikes (& also the photography!)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Cupid Stunt Bike of the Month/Year  |  Cupid Stunt Bike of the Month/Bike of the Year  |  Past Entries  |  2015  |  October BOTM Entry Thread

gfxgfx
gfx gfx