gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975531 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 23, 2024, 08:56 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Cupid Stunt Bike of the Month/Year  |  Cupid Stunt Bike of the Month/Bike of the Year  |  Past Entries  |  2015  |  ***2015 BIKE OF THE YEAR!!! VOTING OPEN NOW***
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: ***2015 BIKE OF THE YEAR!!! VOTING OPEN NOW***  (Read 21601 times)

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
Re: ***2015 BIKE OF THE YEAR!!! VOTING OPEN NOW***
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2016, 09:25 AM »

i count 80 votes not voted!!

How d'ya work that out. ???

129 people voted 129 x 3 votes is 387   

Add all the actual votes up and it comes to 307

So 80 people only voted once . They either can't read the rules or just decided on one bike  :daumenhoch:

:shocked:  80 people only voted once ........ i can maybe understand 10 but 80 seems a hell of a lot to me  :-\ ???

Griff put you had Three votes in capitals in his first sentence on the entry thread !!! 
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2016, 09:44 AM »

i count 80 votes not voted!!

How d'ya work that out. ???

129 people voted 129 x 3 votes is 387   

Add all the actual votes up and it comes to 307

So 80 people only voted once . They either can't read the rules or just decided on one bike  :daumenhoch:

Yes i know... i read the thread properly after posting.  :crazy2:
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2016, 10:01 AM »
hold on, would this not be 40 Jon
vote once and you miss 2 votes
40x2=80??
still a fookin lot

regardless it would potentially have affected the overall result
back to the 1 vote for the future maybe as this seems to be a reoccurring pattern?

lets not take this fact away from the actual result however, well done to all and where your bikes placed
each and every worthy of merit  :4_17_5:

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2016, 10:53 AM »
hold on, would this not be 40 Jon
vote once and you miss 2 votes
40x2=80??
still a fookin lot

regardless it would potentially have affected the overall result
back to the 1 vote for the future maybe as this seems to be a reoccurring pattern?

lets not take this fact away from the actual result however, well done to all and where your bikes placed
each and every worthy of merit  :4_17_5:

Yeah , your right Dave  :daumenhoch:. 40 single votes is still a lot though  ???

No doubting the quality of the bikes entered , a credit to  :radbmxsmilie:  :4_17_5:

Offline torkerdude180

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2016, 11:59 AM »
Well done sean. A bunch of top shelf builds. Thanks to all who voted for my bikes.👍 2 out of3 bikes i have entered over the years have won BOTM. Happy chappy. Roll on this year....😉👍😎
THE TIGER

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2016, 04:46 PM »
Great stuff Sean .. Now that bike is PROPER old school Bmx :4_17_5:
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2016, 11:13 PM »
Is there an explanation to the 30/40 single votes cast ??   ???

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2016, 11:57 PM »

You don't have to use all 3 votes, so I would say simply that people either forgot they had 3 to use or decided on voting for their favourite bike and none of the others.

Offline wilsey72

• Team Moderator
  • 900 Air
  • Thats corn that is.
  • Rated:
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2016, 12:10 AM »
That's mad that is... Mad I tell thee!

Surely it's about saying I like these 3 bikes not I'm voting for only 1 because it's a tactical vote to make a single bike win?
I don't understand, what's the benefit in using 1 vote??
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 12:15 AM by wilsey72 »
GLOUCESTER RIDE 28th July 2018

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2016, 12:18 AM »
That's mad that is... Mad I tell thee!

Surely it's about saying I like these 3 bikes not I'm voting for only 1 because it's a tactical vote to make a single bike win?
I don't understand, what's the benefit in using 1 vote??

I don't understand either, but you can do what you want with your vote as we are a democracy and if you don't want to use all 3 votes for whatever reason then that is fine.

We could probably (I haven't looked to make sure) make it that all 3 votes MUST be used, but again it should be up to the individual so a bit loathe to do that.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 12:40 AM by stidds »

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2016, 12:45 PM »

You don't have to use all 3 votes, so I would say simply that people either forgot they had 3 to use or decided on voting for their favourite bike and none of the others.

I had my bike comming in the bottom 4 and rightly so too as i know there were far better bikes than mine so it's not a personal issue .

I just can't get my head around the 30/40 single votes cast , I can understand maybe 10 members either voting for there outright favourite or maybe forgetting they had 3 votes but i just can't see 30/40 doing that  , it's saying 30% of the votes cast were single votes  !! .......... or is it just me who thinks that ??  . I struggled to pick 3 favourites out of that line up to be honest and have spoken to quite a few members who all said they had a tough job picking 3 , not one of them said they had voted for one bike only .

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2016, 12:53 PM »

I had my bike comming in the bottom 4 and rightly so too as i know there were far better bikes than mine so it's not a personal issue .

I just can't get my head around the 30/40 single votes cast , I can understand maybe 10 members either voting for there outright favourite or maybe forgetting they had 3 votes but i just can't see 30/40 doing that  , it's saying 30% of the votes cast were single votes  !! .......... or is it just me who thinks that ??  . I struggled to pick 3 favourites out of that line up to be honest and have spoken to quite a few members who all said they had a tough job picking 3 , not one of them said they had voted for one bike only .

i know of a couple Jon
silly sods  ;D

either you HAVE to have the 3 votes (unsure if the system can be setup to ensure this)
or
1 vote and thats it imo
if the forgotten votes had been placed (again i say IF) obviously the results could have been very different as voting for all the bikes was so close. It couldnt really be simpler imo but lets make it completely idiot proof for the likes of stu27  :2funny:  :-*

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2016, 08:27 PM »

What other reason is there?  Every member has up to 3 votes it is in the poll that is set up, we don't and can't state some people only have one or two only.   Therefore the only explanation is that people simply do not use all 3, simply because there is no other answer.

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • RADBury 1st May (Bank Holiday Sunday)
  • Rated:
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2016, 11:26 PM »
I'm sure the right bike won and again well done Sean, but think it's either 3 votes or 1 and not 3 if you want, it'll save any ambiguity in the end and not detract from a worthy winner
Jono

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2016, 11:27 PM »
Oh and it is a bit of fun right?
Jono

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2016, 11:38 PM »
I'm sure the right bike won and again well done Sean, but think it's either 3 votes or 1 and not 3 if you want, it'll save any ambiguity in the end and not detract from a worthy winner

I have checked the poll details and all anybody can enter is a maximum number of votes per person, you cannot stipulate an exact number.  We used to have 1 vote only, now it is a maximum of 3 so 1, 2 or 3 votes are acceptable.

Everybody has the ability to start a poll so if anyone wants to have a play around please feel free to start a poll to mess about and I will delete it when you have finished.

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2016, 01:07 AM »
I personally think it should be just the single vote, you pick the bike you would like to win. I use my vote on the bike that I feel has had the most attention paid to it to make it look as authentic as possible to the era it was made.

Is the reason people have 3 just to make it look like there are more voters? If there are only 40 people voting, the 40 votes it is.

The site has slowed down tremendously, and I think a lot of people just cannot be bothered to vote any more. A damn shame really, even if it is for a bit of fun.

Maybe you should advertise a free beer with each vote cast  ::)
BANNED

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2016, 08:29 AM »

Is the reason people have 3 just to make it look like there are more voters? If there are only 40 people voting, the 40 votes it is.

No it isn't it was introduced because a lot of people asked for more than one vote as they find it hard to pick one bike as their favourite.

griff

« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2016, 11:16 AM »

No it isn't it was introduced because a lot of people asked for more than one vote as they find it hard to pick one bike as their favourite.

Also was suggested because it was felt that it might put off people from entering BOTM if they saw very worthy bikes getting zero votes, because there might be one clear winner that everyone votes for

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2016, 11:23 AM »

Also was suggested because it was felt that it might put off people from entering BOTM if they saw very worthy bikes getting zero votes, because there might be one clear winner that everyone votes for

Agree 3 votes seems the best option but as I said to stop this kind of ambiguity make it 3 votes compulsory
Jono

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2016, 04:18 PM »

Agree 3 votes seems the best option but as I said to stop this kind of ambiguity make it 3 votes compulsory

It cannot be done, only a maximum set not a compulsary number

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2016, 06:09 PM »
I really can't see what the fuss is all about?  so some people either forgot it was 3 votes and only used 1, or just wanted to vote for 1. so what?  christ you just can't win can ya!   :-\
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 06:11 PM by pickle »

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2016, 06:45 PM »
you just can't win can ya!
Not when Sean enters, no   ;D
BANNED

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2016, 07:27 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2016, 07:44 PM »
I really can't see what the fuss is all about?  so some people either forgot it was 3 votes and only used 1, or just wanted to vote for 1. so what?  christ you just can't win can ya!   :-\

That's exactly it, surely thread isn't insinuating that votes have been deleted 3 votes is a new thing some would just come on vote and got off not even realising format has changed
Jono

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Cupid Stunt Bike of the Month/Year  |  Cupid Stunt Bike of the Month/Bike of the Year  |  Past Entries  |  2015  |  ***2015 BIKE OF THE YEAR!!! VOTING OPEN NOW***

gfxgfx
gfx gfx