gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975526 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 19, 2024, 11:01 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Museum  |  St. Martin
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: St. Martin  (Read 2440 times)

Offline lockie86

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
St. Martin
« on: January 28, 2016, 06:55 PM »
With the new flatland specific Haro Master about to arrive in March 2016 I thought I'd share my main ride for the last coupla years! Back in 2013 I really wanted a modern bike (I've kept riding current bikes all through, mainly for basic 80s flatland but I really like how modern bikes feel) with the vibe of the 85/86 green Master. This is my take on it, the StMartin Ten, modern flat geom, retro styling! I call it the MARO. Ha. I still LOVE this bike, but with a deposit down for one of the 100 flatland Masters the writing may well be on the wall for this beauty, and the frame will probably be on the wall too come March or April. It'll be a tough ride to beat tho, and who knows, if the new Master doesn't ride as sweet I may switch back, but for now it feels like the end of an era so I thought I'd get some proper pics taken (thanks Mark Blackburn!) and share it. Thanks loads to human bikelopedia Trevor Henry for parts advice, to Ryan Nunies for sussing custom gyro set ups that work better than I ever had a gyro set up work, and for constantly inspiring us with his builds, Mark Smith for a sterling bit of polishing on my shiny area, and thanks especially to Stuart Crumpton One Flying Kidney for masterful build and rebuild skills and for putting up with my anality! Current spec (in an ever changing/refining spec) listed below in case anyone's interested. And for anyone considering a new rider and wondering whether to go old or nu, I'd say defo consider going NU! New bikes ride so nice! Brakes are better, geometry's better, strength, lightness etc etc. There's 30 years of tech progress in these babies, and you can definitely feel it.

Hope some dig it!

Frame: StMartin Ten 18.8" TT
Fork: Odyssey Flatwares Zero Rake
Bar: Odyssey Flatware Chase Gouin
Headset: Odyssey
Stem: StMartin X26
Grips: ODI with Deluxe Bar Extenders
Cranks: StMartin Evo Spline Drive
Sprocket: Profile Spline Drive 23t
Chain: Who Cares
Seat Clamp: Who Cares
Levers: Tech 77 (if it ain't broke...)
Calipers: Demolition Vulcans (so good!)
Gyro: Snafu Mobeus
Pedals: KHE Stimulatorz (very Graphite feel!)
Seat: Volume V Stitch Pivotal
Front hub: Vocal
Rear hub: KHE Greyhound
Rims: Primo Balance
Tyres: Odyssey Frequency G 1.85 Tanwalls (so good! so discontinued!)
Pegs: Dragonfly Mike S (midschool but can't let these go!)
Modifications: Custom gyro set up with Flexies and pin lock knarps! (Thanks Ryan and Stu!)

Last summer with KGB forks and green bars:

« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 07:36 PM by Jaymz »
IF ANYONE HAS ANY SPACE BARS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!! I WANT SOME SO BAD!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Museum  |  St. Martin

gfxgfx
gfx gfx