gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 26, 2024, 01:20 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  I Got an idea for a new forum topic bargain basement
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I Got an idea for a new forum topic bargain basement  (Read 4233 times)

Offline middnight12

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
I Got an idea for a new forum topic bargain basement
« on: February 11, 2016, 07:57 PM »
Hi peeps,
i got an idea for a new forum topic along side '' for sale,  wanted, trades ect ''

" FOR SALE BARGAIN BASEMENT "

We all know the prices of bikes, parts, ect have sky rocketed over the past few years so why not have this forum dedicated to cheap stuff..

NO part over £15 plus p+p
NO frame/forks over £50 plus p+p
and
NO full bike over £100 plus p+p

mite allow some wanting to get in to the O/S seane a chance with out blowing the bank acount and for the rest of us a bargain to be had..

Whats you all think  :) :)

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
Re: I Got an idea for a new forum topic bargain basement
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 08:27 PM »
Theoretically as a shell of idea sounds great. Bit of pay it forward love in there as well.
BUT
How do you police it from flippers? Sst holders only, a trust game.

How long before XXX posts a link from eBay showing xxxxx selling a part from the cheap seats at twice the price.

What happens when your done with parts you've bought? Put them back up at the same price and share the love? What happens if a part you've bought becomes more desirable and triples in value due to demand and you have no use for it, do you sell it on cheap or at the going rate.

I like this idea and I'm a fan of pay it forward and ROAK (random acts of kindness) and bargain basement bits. But as you can see lots of questions, what are your thoughts on my points above, I'd love for this come to fruition, let's work it out.

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 08:44 PM »
Ive given away parts worth over £15, and covered the postage, in the past.

Are there any parts worth £15 or less now? I saw a set of DC blocks advertised for £25 the other week.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline middnight12

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 12:22 AM »
Theoretically as a shell of idea sounds great. Bit of pay it forward love in there as well.
BUT
How do you police it from flippers? Sst holders only, a trust game.

How long before XXX posts a link from eBay showing xxxxx selling a part from the cheap seats at twice the price.

What happens when your done with parts you've bought? Put them back up at the same price and share the love? What happens if a part you've bought becomes more desirable and triples in value due to demand and you have no use for it, do you sell it on cheap or at the going rate.

I like this idea and I'm a fan of pay it forward and ROAK (random acts of kindness) and bargain basement bits. But as you can see lots of questions, what are your thoughts on my points above, I'd love for this come to fruition, let's work it out.
no ebay links , all prices limits to be aggreed before going live my ones were sujested price limits, modraters to controll same as they do on other topics, no linked to face book adds if they want the bargins they got be site registered,, if some one gives free stuff for price of postage its go be trust then if the stuff starts getting sold right away, ban them..
it can work..

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  I Got an idea for a new forum topic bargain basement

gfxgfx
gfx gfx