gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 27, 2024, 04:28 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  BOTM
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BOTM  (Read 4452 times)

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
BOTM
« on: April 02, 2016, 02:02 PM »
I've been out the loop for awhile but why the decision to offer 3 votes?

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
Re: BOTM
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 02:55 PM »
Every month people were struggling to choose just one bike, so now we get 3. Each vote has an equal weighting. The format has now been revised behind the scenes so that the mods/and or the forum technical/admin section can see who voted for who, although this isn't made public as the votes are being cast. The change has occurred following Stiddsgate

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 03:00 PM »
It's good to have you back Rich  :-* :-* :-*

Taking a bit of a punt, but think this maybe your type of thing  explosion
'Show me your spine'
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 04:37 PM by dancetothedrummersbeat »

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 04:20 PM »
Thanks Andy.

What's Stiddsgate?

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 04:39 PM »

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2016, 05:22 PM »
Thanks Andy.

What's Stiddsgate?

:popcorn:
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

griff

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2016, 05:29 PM »
It's been 3 for ages Rich. Rationale being that it might help prevent people (esp newbies) from not entering if they see some 4 figure build dripping with exotic parts. Can be quite demoralising entering a nice bike & getting zero votes

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2016, 06:35 PM »
Thanks Andy.

What's Stiddsgate?

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,185802.0.html

Far too much literature.

There's always a Rad drama... is he selling up now...I could do with some wheels...

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2016, 06:58 PM »
Sean's Mrs Jo and his foster kids voted for his bikes, there were loads of other members using second and third accounts as well voting for their own bikes. In my opinion Sean got hung out to dry and we've lost a great bloke from the site. 

But hey its all just a bit of fun hey

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2016, 11:51 PM »
Those with multiple accounts who used them to rig votes should be ashamed of themselves

Offline johnjo74

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2016, 12:45 PM »
I'm not keen on the three vote system and prefer the 'pick one bike and vote for it' .......

I can understand people feeling a bit 'unhappy' if they get no votes for their entry , but giving everyone three votes still doesn't mean they'll receive one unless there were only three entries.....

I can also understand that for some folk it might be 'too difficult' for them to choose just one bike ...... no I'm lying , I can't understand that at all..... get a grip and pick a bike .

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2016, 12:50 PM »
I'd like to see the votes weighted, so your favourite (1st place) would be 3 points, your second favourite 2 points, and 3rd 1 point. Like eurovision for bikes. I really miss Terry Wogan  :'(

Offline insectbones

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2016, 02:25 PM »
I'd like to see the votes weighted, so your favourite (1st place) would be 3 points, your second favourite 2 points, and 3rd 1 point. Like eurovision for bikes. I really miss Terry Wogan  :'(

Good idea that  :daumenhoch:

Offline kalex

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2016, 04:40 PM »

Good idea that  :daumenhoch:

I presumed this would have been the case anyway. To have 3 equal votes just seems against the normal flow of scoring

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2016, 04:55 PM »
Don't think the forum software allows for weighted voting from what I know of it.

griff

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2016, 07:32 PM »
What Rob said ^

Even without weighting, the bike with the most votes wins, the one with the least comes last....

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2016, 07:21 AM »
What Rob said ^

Even without weighting, the bike with the most votes wins, the one with the least comes last....

I've got to say even as someone who has always ended BOTM for fun .... I'd much rather come last with some votes than come last with none .... That would be really demoralising  :-[
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline Gish

• 540 Air
  • who the fook are you lookin at !!!!
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2016, 07:45 AM »
What Rob said ^

I've got to say even as someone who has always ended BOTM for fun .... I'd much rather come last with some votes than come last with none .... That would be really demoralising  :-[

Like that shite Hutch last month  ;D ;D
Ride it like its stolen

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2016, 07:53 AM »
What Rob said ^

I've come last with 0 pretty much every time  ;D

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2016, 08:30 AM »
I'm not keen on the three vote system and prefer the 'pick one bike and vote for it' .......

I can understand people feeling a bit 'unhappy' if they get no votes for their entry , but giving everyone three votes still doesn't mean they'll receive one unless there were only three entries.....

I can also understand that for some folk it might be 'too difficult' for them to choose just one bike ...... no I'm lying , I can't understand that at all..... get a grip and pick a bike .

I think everyone has at some  point had the feeling of the need for split loyalities at times in BOTM ... Their pals have entered a bike or it's a bike that they have helped build in some way and the 3 votes also allows for this to be taken into account.

I've always liked Dan's bikes ( re-pops and all) for example and now under this system I can vote for both his and the high end glamour build ( that usually ... But not always wins).  :daumenhoch:

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2016, 08:32 AM »
Look what you've started Rich!  :tickedoff:

Great to have you back in the fold mate ;)

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2016, 04:04 PM »

Bravo!

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2016, 05:42 PM »
I always voted for the bike I'd most like to own  :daumenhoch:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2016, 05:57 PM »
Sean's Mrs Jo and his foster kids voted for his bikes, there were loads of other members using second and third accounts as well voting for their own bikes. In my opinion Sean got hung out to dry and we've lost a great bloke from the site. 

But hey its all just a bit of fun hey

What Rob said ... it was a witchhunt  Thumbs down
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline GRAB ON KID

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2016, 06:46 AM »
My opinion is it's not in the spirit of BOTM to vote for a bike just because it's your mate's.It should just be about what your fave bike is,the attention to detail or the one you'd most like to own.... or if you don't like any of them,your fave parts.

I also think it's a bit off to vote for your own bike.No offence to those that have but personally i find it un-sportsman like. I prefer the one vote system.What's the point in having 1 vote out of 3 if that build comes nowhere near winning anyway?

I really liked the openness of the posted in the thread vote so it's totally clear what people like & don't & why or how Radsters are voting.Why have something to hide? We all have our own opinions & each person builds their rides how they like them.If you can't take the criticism then don't enter.

I also think it'll stop people building for what's considered "to the gallery"  & weed out those just being loyal to mates.I know it's just for fun but a lot of time,research,money & effort is put into these builds so clarity should be the most important element considering the whole "Stiddsgate" scenario.

We ride & build bmx bikes so why this need to walk on eggshells about it or try & paint a rose tinted glow over it all?
You can't please everyone so why water it down to try & make everyone feel like their bikes at least got a vote.
Prize or no prize it's a competition at the end of the day so should be treated as such... otherwise it's just a free for all & the buzz of actually winning it is diluted.Do we really need Rad or BOTM turning into a granny state? Reality.......what a concept!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 06:58 AM by GRAB ON KID »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  BOTM

gfxgfx
gfx gfx