gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975527 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 20, 2024, 03:20 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Help! Removing my cranks
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Help! Removing my cranks  (Read 917 times)

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
Help! Removing my cranks
« on: April 28, 2016, 10:17 AM »
Got a minty set of Profile cranks that are refusing to come off and I'm loathed to hit them to get them off.  Are any of the advertised crank extraction tools good for mid 90's spline cranks? Just need to get one bloody arm off!
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Help! Removing my cranks
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 11:05 AM »
Put it back in the BB and hit the axle through?

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 01:29 PM »
Put it back in the BB and hit the axle through?

Might be worth a crack.  I've got an extractor tool from a mate, but it relies on a thread which I don't think they have.  Not having a garage or vice anymore isn't helping either  :'(

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 05:36 PM »
take out the bolt from the side you want to take the arm off, then tighten the bolt holding the other arm. this will get the arm moving, the profile crank tool is the best tool for the job but if you don't have it then a socket extension bar and a hammer will do the job.

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 08:22 PM »
Got a minty set of Profile cranks that are refusing to come off and I'm loathed to hit them to get them off.  Are any of the advertised crank extraction tools good for mid 90's spline cranks? Just need to get one bloody arm off!

You're welcome to borrow mine Mark, as long as I get it back of course!  :knuppel2: :police:

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 08:30 PM »

You're welcome to borrow mine Mark, as long as I get it back of course!  :knuppel2: :police:

Thanks Andy, I've just got them off thanks to Johns advice. Socket extension on the opposite side spindle and a good few whacks did the job a treat.

Cheers both!

Wini

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Help! Removing my cranks

gfxgfx
gfx gfx