gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 26, 2024, 08:05 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Colony Endeavour 2016
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Colony Endeavour 2016  (Read 3034 times)

Offline Hood

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Colony Endeavour 2016
« on: May 06, 2016, 09:19 AM »
Hey,

I am currently set to be receiving this year's Colony Endeavour, as a similar replacement for what should have been the Wethepeople Trust, which has subsequently sold out everywhere, even suppliers of well known shops are unable to help!

I've therefore, maybe stupidly, put a £50 nicker deposit on the Colony for the next two weeks when I'll have the money to pay the remainder!

I admit, I, being a noob to new school went with the guy in the shops advice as he said he envisaged great things and that Colony were definitely an up and coming brand!? I just want to be sure that in your opinions I'm getting a quality product before I fully commit!

Obviously regardless of the make or model, I'm not going to be doing tailwhips or bar spins 20ft in the air, I'll be taking things easy to begin with, with a view to getting better LOL! So I know I'm not going to "damage" the bike at my useless ability but I do want a good bike that's going to last!

Your help and comments would be most appreciated!

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Colony Endeavour 2016
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 10:39 AM »
No worries with Colony, they're spot on  :daumenhoch:
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

Offline workshyfop

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 02:36 PM »
envisiged great things..up and coming brand???

really think the shop you are purchasing from are clueless to the extreme.

colony released a frame in 2014/2015 called the prody, which was the 20th anniversary frame....

anyway, really nice spec bike...

Offline Hood

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 03:22 PM »
Thanks so much to both of you for giving me an insight into this brand! Can't wait to get this bike, not ridden a BMX properly since I had my chrome Ammaco with Skyway Tuff II's back in the mid eighties!

Excellent, can't wait to try a few bunny hops lol! Never would have known the company was 20 years old!?

Thanks again!

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 06:41 PM »
The 2014 prody frame was released as a 20 year anniversary nod to the original (I've got number 43 of 100) Colony has been going since the late 90's I think, so yeah, the bike shop owner was a little bit out with up & coming!  :daumenhoch:

Offline Hood

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2016, 08:30 AM »
Again, thanks for the reassurances that I've inadvertently chosen a reputable brand and model!

Would you have said that this is a comparable bike to the Trust in terms of quality and spec, as I've read that it comes with after market parts but for me at least, they are not as easy to spot as they are on the Trust as I've heard of both Eclat, Salt and Salt + before.

I just know I've saved £70 quid against what is still a very good alternative, although I also now realise just how popular WTP completes have become!

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2016, 10:33 AM »
I think you've done well, the Colony has a pretty high spec and dialed geometry  :daumenhoch: the bars might feel really wide, cut them down a bit if you don't get used to them!

Offline Hood

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2016, 07:25 PM »
I'm beginning to LOVE Colony LOL!

All I keep reading is great things, especially as the founder/owner is an ex Wethepeople Pro himself!

I can't wait to get this bike, I'm like a big kid!

Again, many thanks!

Offline Hood

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2016, 06:11 PM »
Have just realised as per Fugazi's post the bars are going to be 29.5" wide, and as I've just measured this, cutting them down is definitely going to have to be done!

But 29.5" seems plain stupid to me, why the heck so WIDE!? I'd be taking out little kids eyes at the skatepark, heck I could turn them into a ships mast with a piece of material LOL!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Colony Endeavour 2016

gfxgfx
gfx gfx