gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975524 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 19, 2024, 06:27 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Colony Endeavour 2016 vs Wethepeople Trust 2016
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Colony Endeavour 2016 vs Wethepeople Trust 2016  (Read 2684 times)

Offline Hood

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Colony Endeavour 2016 vs Wethepeople Trust 2016
« on: May 10, 2016, 08:29 PM »
I am due to get my long awaited new bike in the next few days, the Colony Endeavour 2016 model. Is this bike directly comparable to the Wethepeople Trust 2016 model?

The reason I ask is as per a previous post, I was hoping to buy the Trust only it seems to have sold out literally everywhere!? And the Colony was recommended to me as a replacement! Having looked in to the brand as well as being told it was a good spec bike with dialled geometery I decided to leave my deposit in place and it's being delivered this week!

I just want to know if despite the price difference of 70 knicker less for the Endeavour, are they in the same league, or does the Trust stand out as a superior machine!?

Any comments/thoughts would be most appreciated!

:daumenhoch:

Offline phildaw

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Colony Endeavour 2016 vs Wethepeople Trust 2016
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 10:58 PM »
Hi,

I would say they are really close in spec, full cromo, both have nice modern geos.. colony slightly steeper headtube angle.... tires are about the onlty thing I would change on the colony, a bit skinny for a modern bike.. but then again, not a big fan of the wethepeople ones..  so would switch out either.

Colony would get my vote as they are a bit more unusual in the UK.. what colour did you go for?

Offline Hood

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 11:26 PM »
Hey Phildaw,

I chose the all purple with Rainbow stem and hubs!

Many thanks for your thoughts on comparison, I'm like a big kid lol in that I can't wait!

Cheers!

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 07:30 AM »
Both look nice rides but I would've gone Colony, as said above they're not as common and their stuff is all good quality.

Bet you'll love it  :daumenhoch:

Offline phildaw

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 04:42 PM »
Hey Phildaw,

I chose the all purple with Rainbow stem and hubs!

Many thanks for your thoughts on comparison, I'm like a big kid lol in that I can't wait!

Cheers!

Nice, was going to say that was the one to go for.. but didn't like to put a downer on it if you had chose a different colour!!

Would be great to post up your views and a few pics when you get it..

Enjoy..

Offline Hood

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 08:58 PM »
Hey Phildaw,

Again a great many thanks, and I most definitely will post pics!

Cheers, man!  fistblump

Offline Hood

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2016, 05:43 PM »
Hey Guys,

So I got this beaut today! Only thing is, I've spent more time extracting a 4 inch nail from the rear wheel and buying a new inner, could not be arsed with puncture repair on a day as glorious as today!

Must admit, never ridden a new geometery BMX and in trying wheelies, didn't realise how quick the balancing point is reached, leading to jumping off the pedals and running behind it lol!

Also, how short and tight are chains on these micro sprockets!? I had to pull the chain to one side AFTER loosening the rear bolt and peg, pull it to one side and move the cranks! Something I had to look up as I got stuck!

Other than that, I just count my blessings that as the tyres came ridiculously inflated (side wall states between 80 and 110 PSI!?) That it didn't go  explosion when it happened!

Either way, the rear brake is phenomenon all, and this is going to help me get back to a level of fitness and skill!

Many thanks to all who gave their opinion!

Colony bikes are first class!

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2016, 01:03 PM »
Glad to hear you're so stoked on it, you've made a good choice   :daumenhoch: Get a pic or two up of it!
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

Offline Hood

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2016, 12:43 PM »
Hey Fugazi,

Again, many thanks for your kind words! Yes, it's an epic bike and I must admit having never heard of the brand before 3 weeks ago, was somewhat sceptical in comparing it to Wethepeople as a direct play off between brands! But I'm not in any way, shape or form disappointed, it's built like a tank, feels VERY solid on landings and very good looking!

I've since fitted Colony Cro-Mo one way pegs, and they look epic! And the petrol/rainbow stem and hubs go so well with the frame colour!

I have tried to post a pic but unfortunately it's not letting me, stating there may be an issue with the file size!?

But again, a great many thanks!

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2016, 12:45 PM »
Resize the image so it's about 700 mb and then upload it

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Colony Endeavour 2016 vs Wethepeople Trust 2016

gfxgfx
gfx gfx