gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975497 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 12:02 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  MK Guest update - Haro and Hoffman !
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MK Guest update - Haro and Hoffman !  (Read 12774 times)

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: MK Guest update - Haro and Hoffman !
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2016, 11:37 PM »
This is awesome news.  :4_17_5:

Wonder who the wealthy benefactor is. ???
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2016, 12:45 AM »
Who cares who he is, he's done a massive thing for his brothers.....

.....and needs a good bumming.

THANKYOU!!

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2016, 09:12 AM »
Privately funded to get over here, damn that's a serious fan.  :daumenhoch:

40 years of SE racing next year  :whistle:
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2016, 10:45 AM »
I share your concerns jono. I think it's inevitable that as MK grows and has the ability to attract "celebrities" it will also attract undesirables. I think this year may be a real turning point in the event, hopefully for the good but it may also raise questions as to how it should be managed in future, entrance control, possibly changing venue? Cancelling altogether? Who knows.

I really hope is as great as it has been if not better but I fear reality (and Facebook) may intervene.
As already mentioned other events has suffered similar fates  :-\
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline Gish

• 540 Air
  • who the fook are you lookin at !!!!
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2016, 11:52 AM »
With all the masses supposedly turning up this year it looks like I'll have to land & set up camp Friday morning
Ride it like its stolen

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2016, 12:51 PM »
I don't go on farcebook so don't know anything about it but are hundreds more people really going to be turning up?
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

griff

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2016, 06:24 PM »
It's going to be a top weekend
We'll continue to ask for support via SSTs, donations and sponsorships. We've had some amazing offers of help AGAIN this year  :4_17_5:
I will bring more beer than I can drink myself, and so I imagine will plenty of others
There may be a few people that turn up and get some free  :radbmxsmilie: hospitality
If they enjoy themselves that's great, maybe they'll want to join the party & do their bit to support
If they they don't? Well that's their loss.

MK is by far my favourite weekend of the year, I fully intend to enjoy it as much as possible
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 07:10 PM by griff »

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • RADBury 1st May (Bank Holiday Sunday)
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2016, 06:33 PM »
I'm sure it'll be awesome and not too cramped the beer is a bonus as you said most will bring their own fook the freeloaders just concerned about the space as this will be huge lots of new faces going inc Steve and graham who've organised Hoffman coming I'd expect 500 plus
Jono

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2016, 06:44 PM »
The Royal we are looking into health and safety this year, and agree Jono.....to a point.

A little unfair to call Bob and Mat f listeers mind.....

I'm sure a number of non site supporters will go, even rad members who don't contribute, but that's the gamble we take, however hope they would put a few quid in the pot.

We will run out of space, but it's that or cancel the whole event - in some ways it's all got far too big, however WE do this for YOU....we will need far more help this year, organised camping, so emergency vehicles can get in, a skip up the far end, so rubbish is catered for.

I very much doubt that there will be a free pig roast, and I would also expect we ask for contributions towards the bar....

We never know if 5 or 500 people will show, but will do our best to house the bikes and entertain.

It will also be an early finish on the Saturday night, due to complaints re noise, and there will be NO firs at all, due to health and safety.

We all need to take ownership this year and muck in, as yes it's boomed, due to mass interest, so when I tell you this could very well be the last one at MK, you will understand why....the venue simply isn't big enough and we have to think of people's safety.

:daumenhoch:

Offline Gra_goose

• Site Supporter
  • Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2016, 07:02 PM »
I'm sure it'll be awesome and not too cramped the beer is a bonus as you said most will bring their own fook the freeloaders just concerned about the space as this will be huge lots of new faces going inc Steve and graham who've organised Hoffman coming I'd expect 500 plus

I'm not a first timer by the way, just sayin' 😜

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2016, 07:07 PM »

Haha sorry mate Steve is though eh?
Jono

Offline Gra_goose

• Site Supporter
  • Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2016, 07:11 PM »

Haha sorry mate Steve is though eh?

Steve is, but that's only because he's just moved back to the uk.
He's been a RADBMX member for some time though.
I understand your concerns about site capacity etc

I will also do my upmost to promote SST's on the page and to everyone I discuss the matter with.

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2016, 10:11 PM »
I have removed comments made on this post.

Rad will NOT tolerate vile language or threats.....

Offline Gra_goose

• Site Supporter
  • Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2016, 10:33 PM »
Well I'm looking forward to it anyway.
In light of me being responsible for the Mat H appearance I volunteer my services to Nick and the rest of the team for any site set up and or organisation that may or may not be needed.

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2016, 11:06 PM »
The Royal we are looking into health and safety this year, and agree Jono.....to a point.

I'm sure a number of non site supporters will go, even rad members who don't contribute, but that's the gamble we take, however hope they would put a few quid in the pot.

We will run out of space, but it's that or cancel the whole event - in some ways it's all got far too big, however WE do this for YOU....we will need far more help this year, organised camping, so emergency vehicles can get in, a skip up the far end, so rubbish is catered for.

I very much doubt that there will be a free pig roast, and I would also expect we ask for contributions towards the bar....

We never know if 5 or 500 people will show, but will do our best to house the bikes and entertain.

It will also be an early finish on the Saturday night, due to complaints re noise, and there will be NO firs at all, due to health and safety.

We all need to take ownership this year and muck in, as yes it's boomed, due to mass interest, so when I tell you this could very well be the last one at MK, you will understand why....the venue simply isn't big enough and we have to think of people's safety.

I'm not trying to be negative , I appreciate some will be very excited about meeting the guests I'm just not one I'm only thinking of what's best and hope my opinion whether it goes unheeded is as valid as others that is all I'll say nothing more on it as don't want it to be construed as something else sorry again but your points about it getting too big is exactly my point and if it went hand in hand with the forum getting busier I'd say great, bigger venue next year but it's the opposite FB forums have boomed for the many reasons ;(previous threads) yet MK (rad organised) has boomed so your awesome weekend has been a victim of its own success I was concerned that bob would tip it over the edge then hoff making it more so and obviously The tragedy of London ride will make it a natural Mecca for a lot from other groups to come to , we were very busy last year but I'd expect that to pale in comparison this year , maybe my f list comment was a little out of line (Friday night beer talk) but one was enough mat next year may have been a better option
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 10:12 AM by Jono »
Jono

Offline Steviej40

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2016, 12:34 PM »

I'm not trying to be negative , I appreciate some will be very excited about meeting the guests I'm just not one I'm only thinking of what's best and hope my opinion whether it goes unheeded is as valid as others that is all I'll say nothing more on it as don't want it to be construed as something else sorry again but your points about it getting too big is exactly my point and if it went hand in hand with the forum getting busier I'd say great, bigger venue next year but it's the opposite FB forums have boomed for the many reasons ;(previous threads) yet MK (rad organised) has boomed so your awesome weekend has been a victim of its own success I was concerned that bob would tip it over the edge then hoff making it more so and obviously The tragedy of London ride will make it a natural Mecca for a lot from other groups to come to , we were very busy last year but I'd expect that to pale in comparison this year , maybe my f list comment was a little out of line (Friday night beer talk) but one was enough mat next year may have been a better option

Ali I don't want to make enemies. At no point did I swear at you or personally insult you I simply gave an opinion on how you could have perhaps thought about your diatribe ON A PUBLIC FORUM and asked honest questions around how involved you've been with setting up MK over the last 4-years. It's an honest question that you still haven't answered.

Yes Nick references the size - and this was not a case of some wreckless individuals trying to mess with 'your' event or make 'your' event unsafe. I have enough faith in the MK organizers to trust that it was discussed, it was considered - and it was agreed that it would still be an amazing thing to try to make happen for everyone. And that's why we continued to try to make it happen for everyone.

To go on and then play the safety card with everyone on here RE the potential extra numbers due to Dan's "kum-bye-ya brigade" as you put it was the part I might have been over sensitive to, and I apologize if I was.

It seems, from your comment here, over a few beers you got on your high horse about MK and went on a rant. Fair enough. You pay your £10 subs fee, you're entitled to voice your opinion - but I just don't understand why you wouldn't tackle something as sensitive as this privately.

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2016, 02:09 PM »
Why are you carrying this on no mention of brigades you're twisting my words safety is a legitimate issue, get over yourself Nick has answered my genuine concerns I only have others best interests at heart leave me alone the Kim by ya was a tongue in cheek laugh about how we are all friends together on the other pages you've turned it into something negative get over yourself, MK don't need my help to organise and if they asked I'd gladly help out so get off my back your other comments have been deleted along with my angry response take that as a leave it out rather than start again !! Your entire issue is poo pooing mat Hoffman coming end of, it's just my opinion it's easy scroll on if you disagree , tough ! No hopefully your rant and my, this time considered rather than angry reply can be consigned to the bin for someone who insists he doesn't want to make enemies you've made one, leave me alone before a say something else I regret , you've made 29 posts in your entire time on RADBMX and most have been aimed at me!!! Find another leg to bite coz this one kicks back, what have you done in the last 4 years since the subject has been brought up? I've blocked him on Facebook, how do I do it on here  :LolLolLolLol: heed your own words you got some personal beef send it via pm, regrettably I bit yesterday and embarrassed myself with my angry reply, there's no more mileage here for you so bother someone else
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 03:57 PM by Jono »
Jono

Offline stevepeanut

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2016, 07:36 PM »
This is exciting news that both Haro and Hoffman are coming. Last years MK was my first, and I really enjoyed it. It does make me wonder how many more people will come now these big names have been announced.

Maybe something will need to be looked at for the following year if it does get too big. Perhaps making it a ticket only entry to control the numbers. Who knows.

Are there any plans in place incase it actually gets full to the point where there's more vehicles and people than space?

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2016, 12:44 PM »
the site has lots of room , we have never had to use the huge space under the trees opposite the track and we will be making sure that any campers make space for everyone by not taking the piss and using masses of space for small tents

we appreciate that MK is bigger and hope we can accommodate everyone, we can only do this with everyone's co operation

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2016, 01:03 PM »
the site has lots of room , we have never had to use the huge space under the trees opposite the track and we will be making sure that any campers make space for everyone by not taking the piss and using masses of space for small tents

we appreciate that MK is bigger and hope we can accommodate everyone, we can only do this with everyone's co operation

Sounds like everything is under control Rich :daumenhoch:

"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2016, 02:01 PM »
lol

Offline monkeymoped

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2016, 04:58 PM »
I'm looking forward to this my first one and going to try and stuff as many bikes into the car as I can

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline chownie

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2016, 08:29 AM »
This is sounding awesome!  Met Haro last year and I was a bumbling idiot meeting one of my childhood heroes lol, and now Hoffman too, legends! I should be able to make it so will be my first one, SST will be purchased once paid :-).  👍💪

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2016, 08:30 AM »
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  MK Guest update - Haro and Hoffman !

gfxgfx
gfx gfx