gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975497 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 12:38 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  MK Details and times !
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MK Details and times !  (Read 10397 times)

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
MK Details and times !
« on: August 14, 2016, 10:03 AM »
Ok lads, we are less than a week away, and the Rad Team have been working their  bolloxs off for you, so please join me in saying a massive thank you to them.

You will never see the immense amount of work that goes into the event and the amount of man hours managing the project. We aim to get this event as Rad as we can, with displays, ramps, long jumps, bunny hop comps and racing. 

This year we have even brought you Bob Haro and Mat Hoffman, which I still can't believe, I never thought All those years ago when MK was under a few gazebos, that the likes of these lads would be there......awesome effort by those who have arranged this to happen, you know who you are.

So, a few mentions, Waxintaxin, the MK mastermind, Rich is the man behind the scenes that's has
 overseen  safety, he has overseen a risk assessment for the event, which includes, public liability, evacuation exercise, fire points, fire marshals, marshals to protect you, and first aid for the entire weekend.

In2BMX, - what can I say, this lad has produced banners, mugs prints decals and loads more merchandise, his team at work have had the printing machines on for weeks making stuff for YOU.

Jaymz and Griff, these two have been badgered by me on a daily basis, sorting out all the artwork for the event, for decals, tshirts, banners, trophies, God knows what, I think I must have sent over 100 emails to these too, so again, my thanks goes to these towo lads.

mr Pickle, you can say thank you to him for sorting out show and shine, not only registration, but all the shit that goes with it, pens lucky bands, you think it, he gets it. he has also sorted a number of raffle prizes, alone with Ed and Griff.

Ed, the tshirts founder and man behind getting Rob Stelle there, and spending all day Friday building and dismantling the ramps, which I can assure you is a thankless task.

MK BMX - Parkstrust, dear god we push them, and we have had to properly persuade them to allow us to be there this year, following a few issues, so please lads, make sure you just follow a few guidelines as below, the main thing is we have a great time, but be safe.

A massive shout to the likes of Bubbs, Sawzall, Jay, Animal, Graham Steele, Steve Jones, Bretty and you Radsters bringing your bikes, so to show them off, this is what it's all about yeh.... :4_17_5:

And of course a big thank you to all the other mods admin, Brummie Bob, Gaz who work behind MK over the event and have had a massive input to the above too, as said, the work you don't see is immeasurable.

So on Friday, the Rad Team, which yes, does include invited members, will be there from about 8 in the morning, why - because we have to set the whole thing up - marquees, bogs, skips, fire points, catering etc. The ramps also need to be built, and that is awkward, as its bang in the middle of the access road, however we manage.

So as you see, this is one of the reasons we ask you to come early Saturday, another is because of the precautions we need to take being the risk assessment, as well as first aid, this year we need marshals for the event, FOR YOUR SAFETY, we will invite these members for the Friday, so they are briefed on what to do, fire officials etc, and also these chaps will direct you in from 7 am Saturday morning. There are a few areas reserved, so please respect what they ask, or where they advise you to go.

So, below is a rough schedule of events for the weekend, we hope to keep to this, but keep your ears peeled for any updates.

Friday - set up day

Saturday..............

> Gates open for the event at 7am

> Ramps open from 10

> Collectors tents open from 10

> Long jump at 12 - Bunny hop at 1

> Bob and Matt signing at 2 - 3

Bob talk at 4 - 5

> Lake ride - 5

> Dog and Duck - open from 6 - 12

> Pig roast at 7

Sunday...............

>

> Race registration from 10

Bob and Matt signing 11 - 12.30

> Show and shine registration - 9.30 - 11.30

> Raffle at 3

> Trophies at 3.15

> Close at 4

Various shops will be there this year, Biaggio, Alan's, Different Path, Del, B73 t shirts  and of corse Radbmx, so make sure you bring plenty of cash.

The Dog Nad Duck will provide refreshments, however we also ask for any donations, being in liquid food or cash......the event has cost us almost £12k this year, which is donations from you Radsters and some VERY kind individuals, including the people that run this place, so if you can support us, please drop a few quid into the pots Saturday night  :4_17_5: :4_17_5:

Last but not least, thank you, you who have built bikes, want to show bikes, want to come and see your mates, want to make new ones, want to shake hands with people you need to, and want to enjoy what we all do, our hobbie.....BMX

So, see you soon, and I know the above is loads to take on, but it's for you, for your safety, and for you to have a Rad time.

From all at Rad  :daumenhoch:

Offline westy1971

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: MK Details and times !
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 10:12 AM »
Well done to all involved.    fistblump

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 10:17 AM »
I typed that one handed and laced with tramadol, so quit chuffed with that  fistblump

Offline Snav

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 10:50 AM »
Well Done everyone  :4_17_5:

I know and have seen what goes into making this weekend and see the team working none stop all weekend for Us  :angel:

See ya' next week  :daumenhoch:

PS - Nick I have some 200mg Tramadol tablets and Oramorph if the pain gets too much  :buck2:  :D
Living in the Wigan part of Warrington since Birth :knuppel2:

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 10:58 AM »
I typed that one handed and laced with tramadol, so quit chuffed with that  fistblump

:LolLolLolLol:

A massive thank you to you Nick and all the guys in the Rad team mentioned above.
It goes without saying that we know without a lot of hard work our favourite weekend of the year wouldn't happen and we really appreciate all your time and efforts!  :bow: :bow:
I'm already afraid of saying those two letters ( M K ) one more time to my bird as I'm sure I'll end up getting a black eye before it finally arrives..
I work with kids and have educated them about Bob, Eddie and Matt this year ( they loved it! ) but I can honestly say I'm more excited about MK than they were about Christmas! ...
So thanks again for your hard work to make it all happen!  :4_17_5:

"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2016, 11:03 AM »
Yep, huge thanks to you Nick and all the other guys who've put in loads of work to make it all happen.

Top notch!

:4_17_5:

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2016, 11:16 AM »
A massive thanks to everyone who has helped in whatever way to make this event happen. Top work by all  :4_17_5:

griff

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2016, 11:21 AM »
Not long now......  :D

Offline chubby

• BMX Nerd
  • Needs Pegs
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2016, 11:27 AM »
Mahoooosive thanks to everybody that works so hard to make MK happen, amazing how it seems to go off without a hitch though I'm sure there's panic behind the scenes.....

I really urge people to take notice of the Marshall's when they arrive, they are there to help US out. Without them this year I doubt everyone will fit in the place 👍

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

WANTED : 1" freestyle forks, uglier the better

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2016, 11:56 AM »
Massive thanks and respect to everyone for their hard work, time and dedication.

Hope everyone reads the whole of the opening thread.

Unfortunately I won't be there this year. Absolutely gutted especially with two gods there. But wifey started a new job earlier this year, teacher at a private pre-school, and they dictate which two weeks a year we'll take our family hol's  >:(. So that in mind I'm at the airport Saturday  :(. Still will plan better for next year  :whistle:

Have the best of times boys and girls, and lots of stories please. See you all soon  :popcorn:
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2016, 12:12 PM »
Great info Nick, and cheers to you and the Team for all the effort and hard work that has gone into giving us the fantastic event. I've had first hand experience of what goes into getting this to go live, and this year at a guess had taken even more of your much appreciated efforts.

We're very grateful Team  :radbmxsmilie:.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline Kevwesty78

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2016, 12:27 PM »
Looking forward to a great weekend well done to everyone involved 

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2016, 01:16 PM »
This weekend will once again prove that RAD isn't dead and the bubble hasn't burst. The effort to make MK happen is simply outstanding by all involved and thanks to all you awesome fellas  :4_17_5:

RADBMX Makes it happen  :daumenhoch:
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Offline benno

• Team Moderator
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2016, 01:40 PM »
Nice one Nick , thanks to everyone who makes it happen , it's gonna be EPIC  fistblump
It comes out of the ground!

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2016, 01:41 PM »
I can honestly say I'm more excited about MK than Christmas! ...

Yep, that just about nails it Ant fistblump

Nick and the mods, there are many things you lot do to make this event what it is and I always look forward to this weekend. If it was 20 blokes in a field with a gazebo it would be ace, so the effort you guys put in is unbelievable to make THE best bmx event happen.

We salute you all :coolsmiley:

See you Saturday fellow lunatics >:D
Still limping......

Offline Jazzchimp

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2016, 07:01 PM »
Thank you guys for the hard work setting this up must be a logistical nightmare, you can tell it's appreciated though.

Offline senzo milano

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2016, 07:38 PM »
 :4_17_5: :4_17_5:
Big bobbles ,no troubles

Offline Redline

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2016, 08:05 PM »
6 more sleeps... can't wait  :D

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2016, 09:19 PM »
massive thanks go out to all involved ,without you guys mk just wouldn't happen :daumenhoch:
British race frames and race clothing wanted

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2016, 09:20 PM »
Looking forward to being chatted up by some lezzers again Phil  :daumenhoch:

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2016, 09:27 PM »
me to rob,usual chinese run?
British race frames and race clothing wanted

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2016, 09:36 PM »
Hell yeah  :daumenhoch:

Can't wait

Offline Church

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2016, 05:15 PM »
Can't wait to reach again the MK track to enjoy the awesome weekend you have prepared for us !  fistblump
WANTED  ********86 REDLINE FORKS PEGS*********  WANTED

Offline wilsey72

• Team Moderator
  • 900 Air
  • Thats corn that is.
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2016, 05:34 PM »
I'm getting more emotional every day, the lump in my throat is starting to hurt. Tears by Wednesday guaranteed.

Its the ONLY weekend of the year that really matters!
I don't have the words to describe how fantastic the MK weekend is, the energy you lovely people of the RADteam put into it is outstanding. Nothing I know of even comes close to what you guys achieve.

I canny blooming wait.

See y'all in a few days.
 fistblump
GLOUCESTER RIDE 28th July 2018

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2016, 10:29 PM »
I am so looking forward to this year not having the Jet Lag. Be great to get all the bikes there.

Any one with any freestyle bikes are more than welcome to put them in my tent in the main arena.

Thanks to all the Radmin for what will be another Awesome year at MK

Looking forward to seeing all you Radsters again you bunch of Loons.

Keep it Rad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  MK Details and times !

gfxgfx
gfx gfx