gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975537 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 28, 2024, 11:40 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Ammaco Koolstyler's
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ammaco Koolstyler's  (Read 7795 times)

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Re: Ammaco Koolstyler's
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2016, 12:57 AM »
full cromo were only some of the Freestyle range - the Pros with cromo forks. - Koolstylers were hi-ten :smiley6600:

A heavy beast then Florian, I'm guessing? Cheers for putting those links up, I'll have a look when I get chance. As for Phil's bike, his looks like a different spec again from this one, and the ones my pal's had.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2016, 01:21 AM »
...looks cooler than the FS Pro, and seems in fair condition - feel i'd say smth like 180-220
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 01:23 AM by fischflo »

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2016, 03:29 AM »
I messaged the twins this evening to ask them if they remember much about their bikes and If they had any pics, Scott came back with this, which although doesn't tell us much about the bike, it's a great pic all the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2016, 06:00 AM »
full cromo were only some of the Freestyle range - the Pros with cromo forks. - Koolstylers were hi-ten :smiley6600:

A heavy beast then Florian, I'm guessing? Cheers for putting those links up, I'll have a look when I get chance. As for Phil's bike, his looks like a different spec again from this one, and the ones my pal's had.

Don't get too hung up on the spec differences Dan, Ammacos were known for being different from one shop to the other. The Pro I got for xmas in 85 came with Pro Class wheels, but I also saw Ukais and mags as standard too.
Hsin Lung copy CW's and seat post, and yes Kenda Whitewalls as in the link.

Cool find, I loved mine and have had 3 Pros again since 2008
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline kalex

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2016, 02:57 PM »
The dealer sticker on the main tube is Dave Miller Cycles in Chester, they're still going to this day, maybe they have some information on the sale or particular model type.

I'm a bit thrown by the tyres, surely they would be a freestyle tread, rather than Comp tread?

Is that the shop between what use to be Yates pub ( i think ) and Iceland.  If so I thought that closed yonks ago

Yes mate, that's the one, still going. Yate's is long gone though.

Fair play as i thought that shop had long since closed, since we've had kids and we're about 30 mins from Chester if we ever go that way we hardly ever go in to the centre, just pop to the retail parks.

Yates was a shit'ole anyway from what I can remember

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2016, 03:06 PM »
I've been in contact with the chap that owns the bike. His son is 42 now, and was his in 1984. He reckons the bike has been stood for 30 years. I've told him that I would give him £80 for it. I know he could probably get more for it, but before I made the offer, he told me that he was going to skip it this time last week.

At the end of the day, I had said a few weeks ago that I didn't want another bike, and I still don't, but a really cheap project shouldn't be sniffed at, so I've put the offer there. I'm not trying to rip the guy off, but if he accepts, I will do a full survivor resto on this and it will be shown on RAD, and enjoyed by the enthusiasts. If he turns down my offer, I have told him that I'll help him sell it, whether to someone in this forum - which I'd prefer, or eBay, which I've told the guy to avoid, if poss.

This bike is an OG survivor, with a life, and that life should carry on.

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2016, 08:53 PM »
I have to say that in the immediate run up, during and post MK, facebook has been a fantastic and sometimes hilarious tool, but all of the above posts are testament to the quality and usefulness of forum based sites such as  :radbmxsmilie:. Some really useful info here. Nice one everyone. The bike looks great by the way  :daumenhoch:

Offline dinglem

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2016, 10:19 PM »
Here we go...
Funking in your space since 1984.

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2016, 11:07 AM »
The bottom image on the second page was the advert that made me want my Freestyle Pro back in 84  :smitten:
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2016, 11:31 AM »
Love the old freestylers with white walls, it's what we all rode back in 83  :daumenhoch:

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2016, 07:17 PM »
Well, I checked my phone regularly at work today, and sadly didn't get a call off Mr Coppack to say he had spoken to his Wife about my offer of £80, so looks like the love affair with this bike is over. Part of me is kind of sad as I think it would've been a 'kool' little project, but part of me is glad that I'm not filling up the man cave with a bike that I didn't really want in the first place, if I wanted it that much, I'd have offered more.

I guess old Mr Coppack has been doing his homework, this was skip fodder last week, he's probably had a sniff around eBay and thinks he's got a lotto win on his hands.

Keep your eyes peeled for this on the Bay lads, I'd like to think someone on here will get it, and give it the life and love it deserves.

Offline dp and chopper dude

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2016, 10:40 PM »

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2016, 07:24 AM »
People are unbelievable ...  :2gunsfiring_v1:
Sadly it's always greed isn't it that wins the day  :-\
Real shame for you mate... I hope the bike doesn't sell personally and they end up taking £50 from you!  :daumenhoch:
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2016, 09:37 AM »
People are unbelievable ...  :2gunsfiring_v1:
Sadly it's always greed isn't it that wins the day  :-\
Real shame for you mate... I hope the bike doesn't sell personally and they end up taking £50 from you!  :daumenhoch:

I'm not too upset Ant tbh, I'd have given it a sympathetic and a bit of love, but I'm £80 better off, to spend on other shite that I don't need or will ever use, Swatch watches for example.  :D

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2016, 04:42 PM »
There was a bid on this, but seems to have been retracted.  :-\

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Ammaco Koolstyler's

gfxgfx
gfx gfx