gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975501 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX March 29, 2024, 02:28 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  S&M L.A.F.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: S&M L.A.F.  (Read 3122 times)

Offline stevepeanut

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
S&M L.A.F.
« on: August 23, 2016, 07:10 PM »
I got this last year after I went to the Leeds ramp night on my zippo. I found the zippo hard work so wanted something just for ramps. I ended up doing a deal and got my hands on this. A S&M L.A.F. (Light as f*ck) Unsure of the year, mid 2000s. I sometimes ride it around the streets and to the pub. But I've never been back on the ramps with it as I'm no good on ramps to be honest. I don't really know what to do with it, it's nice to ride but for some reason I just love looking at it, it's the only Bmx I own which is on display in the house, the rest are up in the loft.

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: S&M L.A.F.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 09:54 PM »
Looking good  :daumenhoch: got to love a l.a.f!
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 10:47 PM »
Is that Gregs old one?
LAF's are at home on dirt, concrete or wood.....or Tarmac. Ride it where you want to ride, it's cool  :daumenhoch:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline stevepeanut

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 07:17 AM »
Is that Gregs old one?
LAF's are at home on dirt, concrete or wood.....or Tarmac. Ride it where you want to ride, it's cool  :daumenhoch:

I got this one from Del who does the stickers, not sure if it might have belonged to Greg before him.

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 09:00 AM »
Steve you need to give the ramps another go mate. You have got more nerve that 90% of folks on here for actually turning up to a ramp night and then riding, so don't give up after your first go mate. From my memory it was your tyres that let you down in Leeds and when you had a go on my bike you seemed waaaaaaayyy more confident so the LAF would be ideal.

To be honest Diggler is right - you have a bike there that is suited to any kind of riding and i'd sell any of your other bikes and keep this one as your all-rounder if you had to mate, it's a cracker :coolsmiley:

Good to see you and the boss on Saturday at MK by the way - hope the re-training is going well and when you come out qualified at the other side it will be worth it mate :daumenhoch:
Still limping......

Offline stevepeanut

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 12:48 PM »
I would give ramps another go, I did really enjoy myself at the ramp night. But it will be next year once this apprenticeship is completed. That's why the bike hasn't been used, I broke my wrist before at the track and got full pay, but I can't risk getting injured while doing the training, I haven't even bothered with my motorbikes this year either. I was thinking about buying another set of wheels to go on the LAF, my mate does a lot of track riding, so I thought if I bought spare wheels and some dirt tyres I could swap back and forth.

It was a very hard set of nos primo v monsters that caused all my problems in Leeds, bright red ones that had no grip. I was actually spinning the rear just trying to ride along in a straight line.

Good to see you again too Spen, the training is going really well and I'm enjoying it. One of the best things is that all the work is local, I'm never more than 15 mins from home. In my old job I would finish and often have 90-120 minutes drive to home.

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 08:20 AM »
It's not just V-monsters that spin up, I tried a set of Oddy Hawk tyres and it was like riding on ice.
Tried sanding the tread, Helped abit, But went back to my FIT FAF's and sold the Hawks.
Heard that riding new tyres on concrete to wear them in helps.

Offline chownie

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2016, 05:46 PM »
Thats proper nice that! 

Offline Lenny-Lentini

• BMX Legend
  • Cherry Picker
  • New Man Ting Productions
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2016, 04:50 PM »
I like what you've done with that Stevetini

Now get yo'self to another one of our do's Top Man and you'll be rippin on That.

S&M the Faith. L
you ain't a badman, you live with your nan

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  S&M L.A.F.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx