gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975533 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 24, 2024, 10:25 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  opinions on using correct decals for year model
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: opinions on using correct decals for year model  (Read 1504 times)

Offline 20to26

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
opinions on using correct decals for year model
« on: September 21, 2016, 06:12 PM »
Ok here's the issue... I have a GT frame that was used across a number of years of production. But the year my frame is stamped just happens to have the most boring decal design ever to come out of the graphics department in sun baked California...usually I'm set in my ways on something like this but when I inspected the frame closer I realised the year of manufacture wasn't what I thought it was... :police:

...would you just say "sød it, I'm using what ever decals I want" or would you stay true to the year of manufacture?

Then of course it's the issue of can I actually get a set...

So what will it be Rad Builders?

:coolsmiley:

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: opinions on using correct decals for year model
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 06:16 PM »
what are the years?
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline 20to26

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 06:55 PM »
1988 through to 1994 - quite a spread for the particular frame - but the fork dropouts change in 91 and stay the same through to 94.

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 12:46 AM »
There's a real simple answer to this.. If you owned it when it came out. What would you have done. I tore the decals off all my bmxs. I see that paul Barlow favoured putting completely the wrong decals on his bikes in the 80s.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  opinions on using correct decals for year model

gfxgfx
gfx gfx