gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975526 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 19, 2024, 11:21 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Anyone built a 2014 Haro MDTribute Frameset? What headset did you use please?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Anyone built a 2014 Haro MDTribute Frameset? What headset did you use please?  (Read 4440 times)

Offline bob1984bmx

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Hi, has anyone built a 2014 Haro Mike Dominguez Tribute Frameset? If so what headset did you use please?

Ive tried the reissue "Haro Genuine Vintage Headset"
http://www.alansbmx.com/1636042/products/haro_genuine_vintage_headset_1_inch_threaded_headset.aspx

but the crown race is 26.4 and my local bike shop couldnt get it on, measured the forks and they were 26.7 so they put a near identical one of those on instead. The rest goes together ok but the very last top bolt wont go on, it turns a few mm and pops off, will only go on at all if i remove the thick washer below it.

Thanks

Offline Trotter

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
I had the same problem , tried a Haro headset and a Tange headset , both wouldn't go on . Ended up opening the crown race up using a dremmel with a grinding bit attached .

Offline bob1984bmx

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Thanks for the reply.  :daumenhoch: Did your top bolt go on ok for either of those headsets? Did you leave the washer off? I think a much thinner washer might just work on mine.

Offline Trotter

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:

That's mine , looks like there is a washer in there , didn't any trouble with the top but.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 03:41 PM by Trotter »

Offline bob1984bmx

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Thanks for the picture of your Tange headset  8) Yes the washer does seem to be there.

I got a reply back from John Buultjens, BMX Brand Manager at Haro Bikes, and he said i could just leave the washer off the Haro headset. So ill go with that idea, if it doesnt work ill get the Tange one  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Anyone built a 2014 Haro MDTribute Frameset? What headset did you use please?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx