gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975534 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 25, 2024, 09:51 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Tuff Luck, sonny!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Tuff Luck, sonny!  (Read 2026 times)

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
Tuff Luck, sonny!
« on: October 21, 2016, 10:00 PM »
Back in June, a seller on the Bmxmuseum.com was selling a set of Tuff II's, blue, with some nasty red comp III style tyres for a grand total of $250  :idiot2:

They looked pretty good though, and I knew I could remove the rear brake rub. So, as you do, I offered him $150 for the Tuff's without the tyres, shipped within the US. He said no.

Roll on to early September, he still had them for sale, so I offered him $120 shipped within the US.........

As you see, he was willing to let them go for that, if I paid as a gift. Well, I checked his feedback of 600+ positives, so decided it was worth the gamble. He was true to his word, and they arrived at my buddy's a week later. I had some decals to come over too, so my buddy opens the box to check the wheels are packed enough for shipping, puts in the decals, re-seals the box, and then posts them to me.

As I was eager to get these cleaned and fitted to my TA for riding, as soon as they arrived, I took them out the box and fitted the rear to my new TA frame, and got started with the Stanley blade to remove the brake pad residue. There was no damage to the box, and the wheels were wrapped in foam material with clear tape around them, just as the seller had sent them to my buddy. Anyhow, that's when I came across the crack on the rear rim  :tickedoff:

I immediately contacted the seller and never got a reply. So I pm'd the Moderator that was online, and he sent the seller an email. The seller then replied with.....

Now he knew I was in the UK, and he knew I was having them shipped here, as we discussed it briefly. He categorically denies that the damage to the wheel is his fault. I have had numerous people advise me now that the crack looks old, and as there is no damage to the sidewall around the crack or on the sidewall lips, that it must have been done with a tyre fitted to it, either by hitting a kerb hard, or performing a 'sidekick' of some sort. Either way, a tyre must have been on it at the time.

I know for a fact that my buddy wouldn't have taken the wheels out, fitted them, ridden them, cracked it, put them back in the box, and then posted to me. I opened the box the same day I got it and pm'd the seller pretty much within half an hour of getting setting up to clean it.

Anyhow, I spoke to a moderator, and the seller. The seller refuses to admit any wrong doing, and the Mods have just gone along with what he says. I paid as a gift so have no recourse, the Mods have removed my negative feedback, and that is about it.

I know what some of the comments will read to this, so I will save you the trouble. YES, I paid by gift, my fault, my issue. But that doesn't excuse what he did.

His real name is Adam Haas, his username is numbersandletters. Deal with him at your own risk. I am just pointing this out to advise you all.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 01:18 AM by Gnarlyscootsâ„¢ »
BANNED

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
Re: Tuff Luck, sonny!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 11:01 PM »
Deffo looks old that crack Terry  :(
The museum has gone down in my estimation in recent months.
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 11:09 PM »
Deffo looks old that crack Terry  :(
The museum has gone down in my estimation in recent months.
I wish I could blow the first picture up of the wheel against the wall, with tyres on, without it distorting. I could see if the crack was present then, but it distorts too much  :(

The Museum is full of people that want super high dollars for junk, and mortgage payments for anything respectable. There are a number of flippers on there now who flip with no regard, and if you say anything, the power hungry Mods are quick to issue you with a warning  ;D
BANNED

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 11:17 PM »
Sorry to hear of your bad luck Terry. I would have probably done the same having seen his feedback. I have heard other similar stories about the mods being less than helpful...especially if you are English! :2gunsfiring_v1:
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 08:48 AM »
enlarged it and used photoshop to try and lighten it up. you can see a faint line there when the tyre is on.

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2016, 03:48 AM »
Sorry to hear/read about this Terry. The crack is bad enough but the response of the mods amazes me!  :2gunsfiring_v1: I thought the whole point of having a feedback system was to help buyers in their decision-making. To remove negative feedback defeats the whole purpose!! Anyway, rant over with, thanks for the heads up on this. As someone who regularly buys off the Museum, I shall tread a little more carefully from now on. :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2016, 12:01 PM »

Not good. I know how I would feel.  >:( Sorry this has happened.  "nono"

griff

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2016, 09:05 PM »
Grade A Cnut

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Tuff Luck, sonny!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx