gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 27, 2024, 06:05 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  1984 Aero Reflex Parts
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 1984 Aero Reflex Parts  (Read 6589 times)

Offline Lpodonovan

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
1984 Aero Reflex Parts
« on: November 03, 2016, 03:51 PM »
Hi Guys I would like some advice / opinions etc anything is welcome.

Background I picked up a NOS 1984 Aero Reflex frameset (in the box) a few years back and at that time I was building loads of old school bikes using all of the modern re-issue stuff - Skyways, Dia Compe, Kashimax etc etc) - see first picture. I have since moved on and only collect early 90s race stuff now and have sold off almost all of my pre-90s bikes.  I did however promise my 2 sons that I would keep one of my old school builds for each of them (at least until they are ready to take ownership of my entire collection lets say I might trust them sometime around 2030).  The youngest decided on a NOS PR Racing build and the eldest wants the Aero Reflex. 

Having since stripped the Aero of all of the re-issue parts (and sold them) I am now left with a relatively blank canvas (see second picture) and want to buy parts (over time) to make it more era correct for when it goes into storage.  I have managed to pick up some Aero Zytecs in white (which I have assumed is the same company?) and therefore era correct.  Apart from that I'm after any advice on how I should (or even how you would) build this up.  List of brands / parts to source / colour schemes etc.  All feedback welcome

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
Re: 1984 Aero Reflex Parts
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 04:55 PM »
Have you not seen my pads, and Brakeguard dude in the for sale section?
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline Lpodonovan

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 07:32 PM »
Have you not seen my pads, and Brakeguard dude in the for sale section?

I have now!  Sent you a pm

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 08:16 PM »

I hope these help bud !
Ant

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 01:44 PM »
Which PR Racing frameset do you have?!
As far as the Aero is concerned I would start with some freestyle tyres, not the Comp III you had on before! Then maybe a DC hinged clamp,Tuf Neck or Forklifter stem, OPC, Shimano DX pedals, Dia Compe 880 calipers, Tech 4 or 5 levers, Probably EZII  or Haro bars.......... :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 05:47 PM by deeman »
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline Lpodonovan

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 08:09 PM »
As far as the Aero is concerned I would start with some freestyle tyres, not the Comp !!! you had on before! Then maybe a DC hinged clamp,Tuf Neck or Forklifter stem, OPC, Shimano DX pedals, Dia Compe 880 calipers, Tech 4 or 5 levers, Probably EZII  or Haro bars.......... :daumenhoch:
Not sure how to describe the PR (I assumed it was similar to a Curtis Expert frame but I now know they were made elsewhere)

Thanks for the feedback on parts for the (re) build!

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 05:48 PM »
As far as the Aero is concerned I would start with some freestyle tyres, not the Comp !!! you had on before! Then maybe a DC hinged clamp,Tuf Neck or Forklifter stem, OPC, Shimano DX pedals, Dia Compe 880 calipers, Tech 4 or 5 levers, Probably EZII  or Haro bars.......... :daumenhoch:
Not sure how to describe the PR (I assumed it was similar to a Curtis Expert frame but I now know they were made elsewhere)

Thanks for the feedback on parts for the (re) build!

Ah, sounds like a PR Expert, Yup they were made under licence at Rickman  :daumenhoch:
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline Lpodonovan

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 11:19 AM »

I hope these help bud !
Ant

Frameset is now sold so my apologies for messing you around!

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2016, 12:06 PM »
 No worries ... All Aero stuff and Reflex still for sale in the correction rad section.
Going on FB Wednesday Night for more money so grab some bargains lads  fistblump

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  1984 Aero Reflex Parts

gfxgfx
gfx gfx