gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 25, 2024, 09:48 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Welcome!  |  Welcome  |  15 years later...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 15 years later...  (Read 2027 times)

Offline Jamie86

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
15 years later...
« on: November 23, 2016, 09:59 PM »
Hi, 15 years since I last purchased a BMX I have decided to buy another. After having various Haro's, Dyno's and a Powerlite my new addition takes me back to my early teens. I have purchased a Dyno Compe (98?) from a local free ads and it's sitting nicely in the kitchen  I  am wanting a bit of advice about how to replace a few items so the bike is original as possible. I'm not after a perfect match to the original parts but would like them to be in keeping. I need new grips, pedals and tyres, any advice? Also, can you advise on current value of the bike I purchased? Not sure if I paid over the odds.. Chrome is in great condition, decals good condition. Everything else is totally original but items listed above are a little worn.
I look forward to using the site and browsing the forum.

Link to pics of the bike - http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/Jamie_Beet/library/'sort=3&page=1

Jamie
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 03:35 PM by Jamie86 »

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: 15 years later...
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 12:39 AM »

Hi, 15 years since I last purchased a BMX I have decided to buy another. After having various Haro's, Dyno's and a Powerlite my new addition takes me back to my early teens. I have purchased a Dyno Compe (98?) from a local free ads and it's sitting nicely in the kitchen  I  am wanting a bit of advice about how to replace a few items so the bike is original as possible. I'm not after a perfect match to the original parts but would like them to be in keeping. I need new grips, pedals and tyres, any advice? Also, can you advise on current value of the bike I purchased? Not sure if I paid over the odds.. Chrome is in great condition, decals good condition. Everything else is totally original but items listed above are a little worn.
I look forward to using the site and browsing the forum.

Jamie

Welcome to the site Jamie.
Great to see  people still getting into the hobby.
Best idea would be to post up a pic of your purchase, you will need photobucket or a similar hosting account, Upload to there then copy and paste the IMG code here. That way people can see the bike and advise on the original spec and maybe where to obtain the parts needed and possibly a rough value if that is important to you.
By the year of it there should still be plenty of bits around for it. Get a pic up and let the fun begin...
Damo  :daumenhoch:
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

In2bmx

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 06:06 AM »
 :welcome to RAD jamie  :daumenhoch:

Offline oldscool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 09:43 PM »
 :welcome to  :radbmxsmilie:
If in doubt flat out.

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 09:46 PM »
 :welcome to  :radbmxsmilie:  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Welcome!  |  Welcome  |  15 years later...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx