gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 26, 2024, 06:11 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Mancunian pickers
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Mancunian pickers  (Read 47934 times)

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
Re: Mancunian pickers
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2017, 08:13 AM »
Chunky pegs mate.  :daumenhoch:
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2017, 08:16 AM »
Need that TA seat tube decal petal ;)

Ping me you details squire and it will be in the post today  :daumenhoch:
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2017, 08:17 PM »
Need that TA seat tube decal petal ;)

Ping me you details squire and it will be in the post today  :daumenhoch:
You legend  fistblump

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2018, 12:53 PM »
A week working in London has resulted in a few half days off. Made sense to check out a few bike shops to kill the time. Really wasn't expecting to find anything but was pleasantly surprised  :daumenhoch:

Offline Tachikoma

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2018, 12:55 PM »

Offline Monk_Wally_Honk

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2018, 01:24 PM »
Out of interest do you remember what bike shops?
Gertcha!

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2018, 01:43 PM »
I do bit I was literally picking up their last remnants. One shop owner spent 20 mins rummaging around in his cellar for me

Offline chubby

• BMX Nerd
  • Needs Pegs
  • Rated:
« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2018, 01:47 PM »
Pikey...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

WANTED : 1" freestyle forks, uglier the better

Offline Monk_Wally_Honk

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2018, 02:05 PM »
I do bit I was literally picking up their last remnants. One shop owner spent 20 mins rummaging around in his cellar for me

It wasn't to go and have a look, just wondering where you'd been. I work in Shoreditch and there's a few round here but they're mainly overpriced fixies and stuff like that.
Gertcha!

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #84 on: February 08, 2018, 03:25 PM »
Ah I got you. Yeah, I pretty much wrote off the busy central bit and just looked round the outskirts that were doable via tube and/or a few stops on national rail,
Two were over Hampton court / Twickenham sort of way and another was in east Putney

Offline steve

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #85 on: February 08, 2018, 10:27 PM »
there was one on the 84 bus route just be fore you get to Kingston town centre
past the asda on left - wickes on right  past the church on left, after that junction bike shop on left
bleached out Mike Buff poster on wall in window
shop maybe cloased down

Offline richiebozza

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #86 on: February 08, 2018, 10:39 PM »
past the asda on left - wickes on right  past the church on left, after that junction bike shop on left
shop maybe cloased down

I went in there a while back, the guy said all his BMX stuff was long gone. That Mike Buff poster was cool though.

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2018, 11:54 PM »
I went to a cool place called burts cycles. Apparently most of the bicycles you see in film and tv are from him!
He mentioned that place in Kingston and said he thought it may have shut. Had a quick luck but couldn't find anything that looked like it may be the place.

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2018, 06:52 AM »
shop maybe cloased down

I went in there a while back, the guy said all his BMX stuff was long gone. That Mike Buff poster was cool though.

waldens the shop is called and i had a lot of stuff out of there back in early 2000`s (really should have taken a picture of shop bitd )and so did vertego as he was doing all the shops back then as i must have missed a hutch haul of parts by a week that he had for no money at all as bike shop just wanted rid of .
used to love doing the searching for stuff as stories so on and did come across a few bike shops that had stuff but didnt want to sell it as were waiting for the boom . problem was i notice ebay started to get bigger soon after and that was that for stuff finding .
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2018, 11:07 AM »
Took mrs ace out for a juant to Betws-y-coed on thursday and swung by a bike shop i had already picked just cos it was near  ;)
Old fella had cleared a few boxes out since my last visit and i unearthed these in amongst the derailleurs and fibrax road pads. Not a massive find but still a buzz rummaging through oily boxes  :D

Goes to show, even shops that you may think have been rinsed could have stuff tucked away  :daumenhoch:

griff

« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2018, 11:30 AM »
Nice find! Mrs Ace must have been made up too :teef:
Not seen that power glide sticker before, normally the blue ‘oval’ shape
Wonder if it makes those older or newer?

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #91 on: July 14, 2018, 11:37 AM »
Shes used to it now  :LolLolLolLol:
Even spotted a black 16 inch skyway tucked away... **sage star wars voice*** you have learned well young padawan****

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #92 on: July 21, 2018, 07:28 AM »
I went to watch a rally in Betws-y-coed in 1995! Wonder what would have been in that shop then!? :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 07:39 AM by Mikku »
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #93 on: August 18, 2018, 11:58 AM »
Season 3 of the mancunian pickers sees the intrepid duo taking things to another level!!!
With a whole new stratagy in hand and a fairly extensive research programme finished a whole new world of finds, stories, archives and social documentation awaits  :daumenhoch:

Day one saw the lads in pastures new and after a less than encouraging start the day began to develop nicely.

Some fairly rare nos in the box Gen 1 Oddy Phat black widow cranks were unearthed along with some xposure pegs and a whole bunch of Skyway axle replacement bits including 18 bearing caps/shields.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 01:17 PM by oldschoolace »

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #94 on: August 18, 2018, 12:03 PM »
The cranks were left (for now) as they were a pretty penny but other shops turned up more stuff!
A couple of nos primo Hemerrhiod seats along with a scattering of mid chainwheels and a bunch of gen 1 Dia compe FS990s still on the card hangers
It was starting to look like mid stuff would be the more prevelent bits to be found until i spotted a flash of red on a pegboard and unearthed this beauty lurking behind a load of modern shite  :daumenhoch:

« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 12:12 PM by oldschoolace »

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #95 on: August 18, 2018, 01:16 PM »
Good work lads! :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #96 on: August 19, 2018, 06:55 PM »
A rather miserable, soaking wet and near cancelled local juant turned up a few bits this morning. The chain is Izumi.
Sadly it looks like the headsets had the odd part pillaged by the bike shop they came from but they cost buttons and well worth it for parts  :daumenhoch:

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #97 on: August 20, 2018, 10:00 PM »
Another day, another jaunt to new housing estates and open fields. Wasnt the best day of rummaging but we did unearth these  :daumenhoch:

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2018, 11:48 AM »
A busy week (too busy for my liking) had me down stoke way and an unexpected early finish presented an opportunity to glance at the pickers bible and take in a few shops on the way home. All looked lost until this little pile was found sat in an old cabinet  :daumenhoch:

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2018, 11:51 AM »
What colour is the WHW headset fella?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Mancunian pickers

gfxgfx
gfx gfx