gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975524 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX April 18, 2024, 05:54 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Return to Green Mountain - Midoriyama Part 2!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Return to Green Mountain - Midoriyama Part 2!  (Read 7447 times)

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
Return to Green Mountain - Midoriyama Part 2!
« on: December 17, 2016, 01:01 AM »
So after attending my first new school race meeting last Sunday [ http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,189149.0.html ], I’ve been thinking about having a go myself, and have even started looking at new school bikes online. Just to see what’s what, of course!! ;D However, I thought I’d better have an actual ride around the track before I start parting with any cash, so with the day off work yesterday, I changed the Shotgun seat on my Kuwi to something more 26km-friendly, and headed back to Midoriyama. As I’d hoped, there was nobody there (being a Friday morning), so I could make a fool of myself, by myself! :daumenhoch:

So what was it like? Flippin’ brilliant!!! The track was a bit damp and sticky after some overnight rain, but that had the advantage of slowing me down before the jumps which, with a big gap between my actual and imagined ability, was an added bonus. The first thing I realised was that things are much bigger and come at you much more quickly than they look from the sidelines. The second thing was how to ride (or rather, not to ride) the rhythm section. Now I understand what “pumping” means because that (or least my best interpretation of the technique) was the only way I could survive them, even at a slow pace! The third thing is how unfit I am!! Anyway, both the Laserlite and its rider had a good workout, dusting off what must be a good 30 years since either last saw any race action. After a few laps of the whole track, I practised different sections, particularly that damned rhythm one! Nothing too fast or hair-raising, but still bloody fun!!! Naturally I took some pics for posterity, which also gave me a chance for a breather! Here are a few of them:-

Bloody love this bike (even with a white, padded seat)!! :smitten:

« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 04:55 AM by Mikku »
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Drawn

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Return to Green Mountain - Midoriyama Part 2!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 08:25 AM »
that's awesome as that you had a great time.
looks like the bug is going to bite ey?

If you have any questions on how to get through parts of the track ask away and we will try to help you out with developing technique.

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 08:37 AM »
that's awesome as that you had a great time.
looks like the bug is going to bite ey?

If you have any questions on how to get through parts of the track ask away and we will try to help you out with developing technique.

Yeah, the bug has already bitten. I had a Japanese lesson today and my teacher helped me to translate the track owner's website!! It looks like they have a "school" of sorts, so my homework is going to be to send them an email to find out more info!!

Thanks for the offer of advice, which you may soon regret as I love asking questions!!! :D  The first big one is going to be about bikes, but I'm going to save that for another thread! :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 11:26 AM »
Awesome pictures .. Very very cool mate .. Love it !  fistblump
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline Andyboy77

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 12:43 PM »
Awesome that Mick! I'm following your other threads about 'the racing bug' too. Looks like a quite and fun place to practise.  :daumenhoch: Lovely Kuwi btw! 

Offline Goneyard

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 10:54 AM »
Well done . For a  Great cause.

griff

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 03:22 PM »
Well done . For a  Great cause.

that's another random potential spambot banned :teef:

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 04:23 AM »
Good work griff!! :police:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Return to Green Mountain - Midoriyama Part 2!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx